Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 05-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Curiosity672

A Peculiar Experience

I had this very lovely experience with Vishnu. I still think it was the coolest thing that has happened to me. I'm just a 21 year old girl who has never really been exposed to Hinduism before.

It all started this one evening when I got into a huge fight with my sister. I was so mad that I was storming around my living room in the middle of the night. Because I had to work a really long shift the next day, I decided to cool off and try to get some sleep on the couch. I was trying so hard to calm down and relax.

I remember staring at a smaller, empty couch that was sitting across from me. Slowly I began to feel more and more relaxed when I noticed a figure slowly forming on the couch in front of me. Gradually this figure fully materialized into a man with four arm (three of which were causally rested on the arms of the chair), dark blue skin, and sparkly golden eyes.

My parents were Catholic and wanted to raise me as such. In my late teens, I decided I wasn't feeling it 100% so I just considered myself spiritual. Despite my upbringing, I knew what he was immediately. I often wondering if such religious experiences were frightening but I was flooded with an incredible sense of calm.

He was incredibly beautiful. It felt as though he was smiling but not quite physically. It was just a very warm connection.

As ridiculous as this sounds...this is what I said. "This is incredible awesome and I thank you for..whatever is happening..but I have to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow and it's already 3 am." (I really don't know why I didn't think that though. Where was my head?)

I felt him laugh a bit like a vibration in the middle of my chest. Then I fell asleep. Though I do wonder if I was already dreaming..but he looked so real. I figured it doesn't matter much. Dreaming or awake. It was quite lovely.

Following that, I had a number of different dreams in which I encountered many different entities..different gods and goddess I believe. I haven't dreamed about them in a while and I miss them a great deal. I feel quite blessed for the experience. Just thought I'd share it :)
Old 05-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Master
That sounds just fantastic, Curiosity ~ now that is something I'd be sorta envious about, even though it would be a little scary for me ~ I fear I would think I was hallucinating or something. That is just one of the nicest shares.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Curiosity672

When I was younger I was fascinated by stories of people encountering gods or angels and thought I would quite frightened if it were to happen to me. But it was incredibly calming and it felt sad to be without him when I woke up the next morning.

For some time, I wasn't sure if I was awake or dreaming. I felt sad to think it was just another one of my eccentric dreams... however, I got the best advice about it from an unlikely source.

I was in a movie theater, watching the final Harry Potter movie. During the part were Harry "dies" and sees Dumbledore. The old head master says "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" Just hearing that quote meant so much to me! :)
Old 06-02-2012, 10:26 AM
larty35

what a beautiful experience you have been blessed with Curiosity. 'Real' or not

Larty
Old 08-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Master
dreams like this, unlike so many, are real experinces curiosity. God has revealed himself to you in abeautiful way, So now what are you going to do?
Old 21-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Curiosity672

It's not clear what to do now :] I've always been interested in graphic novels and I can hope get these stories I make up out into the whole one day. Since this incident I've been developing this story about Krishna but I have to understand more about Hinduism. So I've been reading books and I'd like to find people to talk to and learn more about it.
Old 23-03-2012, 08:37 PM
storymaker

Hare Krishna!

Originally posted by Curiosity672............

"I had this very lovely experience with Vishnu. I still think it was the coolest thing that has happened to me. I'm just a 21 year old girl who has never really been exposed to Hinduism before.

It all started this one evening when I got into a huge fight with my sister. I was so mad that I was storming around my living room in the middle of the night. Because I had to work a really long shift the next day, I decided to cool off and try to get some sleep on the couch. I was trying so hard to calm down and relax.

I remember staring at a smaller, empty couch that was sitting across from me. Slowly I began to feel more and more relaxed when I noticed a figure slowly forming on the couch in front of me. Gradually this figure fully materialized into a man with four arm (three of which were causally rested on the arms of the chair), dark blue skin, and sparkly golden eyes.

My parents were Catholic and wanted to raise me as such. In my late teens, I decided I wasn't feeling it 100% so I just considered myself spiritual. Despite my upbringing, I knew what he was immediately. I often wondering if such religious experiences were frightening but I was flooded with an incredible sense of calm.

He was incredibly beautiful. It felt as though he was smiling but not quite physically. It was just a very warm connection.

As ridiculous as this sounds...this is what I said. "This is incredible awesome and I thank you for..whatever is happening..but I have to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow and it's already 3 am." (I really don't know why I didn't think that though. Where was my head?)

I felt him laugh a bit like a vibration in the middle of my chest. Then I fell asleep. Though I do wonder if I was already dreaming..but he looked so real. I figured it doesn't matter much. Dreaming or awake. It was quite lovely.

Following that, I had a number of different dreams in which I encountered many different entities..different gods and goddess I believe. I haven't dreamed about them in a while and I miss them a great deal. I feel quite blessed for the experience. Just thought I'd share it :)"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Dear Curiosity672,

It's an experience of a lifetime, it's very beautiful . Thanks for sharing with us. Dear Peteyzen has rightly said that dreams like this, unlike so many, are real experinces. God has revealed himself to you in abeautiful way. It is also an wake-up call for you from the Lord to wake up and know your true being, to start the quest for significance of this life.

Your experience is the manifestation of the serpentile power (That's how they describe it) within us. It is also known as the Kundalini shakti. There are many ways to make this power move upwards through our body, if you know, Yoga is one of them. Meditation is part of yoga. But this power also may start moving in so many other ways and conditions,too. Continuous ringing of Church or temple bell, any sound or gong that resembles the church/temple bell (Like saying AUM), the prolonged sound that emits when you blow a conch-shell, in a fit of rage, in a state of tranquility and calmness, in a place where you stand in front of limitless vastness....so many other such conditions can also cause this power to move up.

But the important thing is even then, under similar conditions, it does not happen to everybody. It happens only to a few deserving and blessed ones and undoubtedly you are one of them.

My dear beautiful mind and soul, you are a catholic Christian. So, be a true Christian to be a true Hindu and you will know all about Hinduism. Please do not go for religions, go for God alone. One Lord Jesus Christ has become many....Krishna, Buddha, Vishnu and all. Set everything aside and look up to Lord Jesus alone, which will be much easier and convenient for you. I have enough and true reasons for saying so. Please believe me.

From your post I can clearly feel that you are a very simple and an honest person. Please go ahead and you will be guided by the Divine Himself.

Love and best wishes,

SM
Old 23-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Joshua_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by storymaker
It's an experience of a lifetime, it's very beautiful . Thanks for sharing with us. Dear Peteyzen has rightly said that dreams like this, unlike so many, are real experinces. God has revealed himself to you in abeautiful way. It is also an wake-up call for you from the Lord to wake up and know your true being, to start the quest for significance of this life.
I concur with what you wrote.
Old 24-03-2012, 09:35 PM
storymaker

Hare Krishna!

Dear Joshua G,

Thank you for your kind post.

It becomes a compulsion to write a few lines to the fresh aspirants as I remember how I had walked the path that Curiosity is presently on. It gives me boundless pleasure when I see and come to know that in this present world of nasty upheavals so many young boys and girls are thinking otherwise and turning to the realities. It is very heartening to see that a large group of young folks have recognised the present trend of the world society as bubbles that burst and dry up in no time. As such, it becomes my duty and responsibility, to the best of my knowledge and ability, to help all on the path of quest for the truth. Lots of pranams to you and others (Like Peteyzen, Xan.....) as I find all of you to be doing the same thing.

Love and best wishes,

SM
Old 24-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Joshua_G

Hare OM!
Thank you, SM.
Bhagvantau Punah Punah