Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-04-2023, 07:02 PM
Newbie ;)

How do I stop feeling like a pawn in all of this?

It's just quite simple. I believe in Jesus and God and all, but I feel almost like a pawn between the fight of good and evil in all of this. A pawn between God and Satan. It's almost like a paranoid feeling.
I just want peace in all of this. Why would our souls be used in such a way? I just don't get it.
I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm just wondering why it is like this. It seems like a constant battle and I am very weary.
Thank you.
Old 28-04-2023, 08:18 PM
Master
Positive thinking can help with feelings of helplessness. I often think the thought "I AM" which helps me affirm myself. When I affirm myself I feel less helpless. There are numerous spiritual tricks of the trade. You can learn a lot about them here at these forums.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 28-04-2023, 09:45 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster68
It's just quite simple. I believe in Jesus and God and all, but I feel almost like a pawn between the fight of good and evil in all of this. A pawn between God and Satan.
Thank you.

Foster68,

It sounds like you are being tested….which is a good sign. It indicates sincerity of belief. Double minded people avoid this testing. They might be Sunday ‘Christian’s’ but the rest of the week they are willing to conform to the call of the world……they succumb to temptation with little qualm.

In speaking of the promise of salvation The Message translates 1 Peter 1:6-7….”I know how great this makes you feel, even though you have to put up with every kind of aggravation in the meantime. Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it’s your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display…”

Pure gold might be your knowledge….you memorized the Bible, etc….but that is measurable and thus finite….not eternal. But genuine faith is living….living connected to God and is thus eternal. In life itself most of us understand that to attain anything of value that sacrifice is necessary……one could even interpolate the more that is sacrificed the great worth of it becomes more evident.
Old 28-04-2023, 09:47 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you so much for your reply, Honza. It is appreciated so much. I am new to the "I Am" thing. I'm glad it helps you.
I have a lot to explore here on the forums. And I'm thankful they are here.
Have a blessed day.
Old 28-04-2023, 09:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for your reply , Molearner, it is appreciated.
Thank you for the scripture reference as well.
I definitely feel like I am being tested. I'm exhausted. Just been feeling like a pawn despite my faith. I'm glad it is possibly a good sign tho.
You've given me much to ponder and explore. Thank you again. Have a blessed day.
Old 28-04-2023, 11:46 PM
Experiencer
heaven and hell, good and evil resides in the minds of man
as a human you will judge but you created the judgement and can change it
in acceptance of all that is, peace sits
its all gods creation, who am i to judge

love to all you be
Old 29-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you so much for your reply, Honza. It is appreciated so much. I am new to the "I Am" thing. I'm glad it helps you.
I have a lot to explore here on the forums. And I'm thankful they are here.
Have a blessed day.

I do believe in God, but I have found that I need to stand up for myself in the thick of it all. Hence I practice I AM. But gently.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-04-2023, 05:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Honza. I never thought about standing up for myself in all of this. I will look into what "I AM" is all about. Thank you.
Old 29-04-2023, 05:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi Vortex. Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I've heard that good and evil resides in our minds. It has been a long battle. The pain I feel in my mind is much worse than any physical pain I have ever encountered in my life. I'm absolutely exhausted trying to reconcile it all.
I just don't get why God allows so much suffering with the threat of hell hanging over our heads.
Old 30-04-2023, 04:33 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Hi Vortex. Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I've heard that good and evil resides in our minds. It has been a long battle.
I just don't get why God allows so much suffering with the threat of hell hanging over our heads.

Everyone seems to forget that Jesus said “My kingdom is not of this world”….if the earth was God’s kingdom then his will would be done…period. Instead we have free will…..that allows for good and evil to reside in our minds. For me I can imagine God being the whisperer of good……on the other side of the scale is Satan(or as I prefer…the ego) who is not as likely to whisper. The hope is that quality will outweigh quantity.

By the way, I am not inclined to use the word ‘Satan’….to personify evil is to bestow godlike power or status that we are comfortable to visualize as being outside of ourselves. This attitude is an escape from responsibility. I much prefer using ego as the facilitator of evil. This is something within our control.