Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-04-2023, 03:49 PM
Master
Recently I went in to one convenience store and told one of the clerks that at least 6 people in the store were stealing. She said they do that every day when it gets busy. In my area, I have not found one store that does not have this problem. What Peter wrote seems to be the best course.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-04-2023, 06:15 PM
Master
As for the 'Last Supper', it seems the impression most people get of that meal was they had to get/use an extra long table because everybody sat on one side of the table.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-04-2023, 07:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
As for the 'Last Supper', it seems the impression most people get of that meal was they had to get/use an extra long table because everybody sat on one side of the table.

That was probably because of Leonardo da Vinci's famous painting of the last supper which has everyone on one side of a very long table.

The last supper was in a man's house in a city so I doubt he had a very long table in there. Houses in that time often had very small rooms.

Matthew 27:18 He replied, “Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, ‘The Teacher says: My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house.’”

In Jesus's time, poor families often did not have any tables and instead had chests that held their clothes and they used those as tables. Most moderately well off families did have a low table at which to recline and eat. People in this region and time reclined on their left elbow and ate with their right hand. Sitting on chairs at higher tables to eat was rare. Most table's were very low so they sat on the floor to eat.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:01 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
If the persons are evil the bible says to separate from them I think.

it.

Maisy,

Not sure what others have experienced but looking back it is difficult for me to remember anyone I have separated from because I perceived them to be evil. IMO separation most often is the result of a clash of egos….both parties stubbornly believing they are right…not conceiving they could be at fault. The proliferation of denominations within the universal church demonstrates this reality. Divided and separated over narrow interpretations of the Bible and not from being informed by the Spirit.

And guess what ? Until now I have not mentioned discrimination and bigotry as causes of separation. Who is evil in these scenarios ? I give immense credit to all that endure these frequent and daily abuses…..and even more to their credit to adapt an attitude of forgiveness rather than to pursue what others might deem as justified separation.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:15 PM
Master

I see nothing wrong with getting away from persons who do you harm.

Last edited by Maisy : 02-04-2023 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:25 PM
Master

I forgive from a distance!

Last edited by Maisy : 02-04-2023 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-04-2023, 10:44 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy

Many have positions of authority or power in this world so can do things against evil. I don't have any authority over anyone or anything so not much I can do except to separate from such things and persons. So they can't harm me or those I love and protect.

Maisy,

I fully understand your stance. Many are and will be faced with identical circumstances. The one sensible option might be to seek justice. Not only will your loved ones will be saved from further abuse but it has the potential of saving additional people from the abuse of one inclined to abuse others.
Old 02-04-2023, 12:14 AM
Master
If we could go back in time, how many of us would want to partake of the 'last supper'? And how many of us would be allowed to sit at the table and partake?

Who was the last supper for and what special arrangement did it signify?

What I find interesting is what orders did Jesus give just before they left the house. Generally, that is not discussed.

And then there was the streaker........

Old 02-04-2023, 12:28 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If we could go back in time, how many of us would want to partake of the 'last supper'? And how many of us would be allowed to sit at the table and partake?

Who was the last supper for and what special arrangement did it signify?

What I find interesting is what orders did Jesus give just before they left the house. Generally, that is not discussed.

And then there was the streaker........
Agree.
"To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. "
Old 02-04-2023, 01:10 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval
Agree.
"To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. "

G.Duval,

The quote is from Matthew 13:11-12……it would be interesting to discuss why they were given the secrets…..