Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 01-01-2011, 11:32 PM
vernalive

Healing intrusive thoughts?

Ok so I have tried a number of things, affirmations, dismissals/conversions within the heart center. They are usually quick but violent/sexual in nature. Especially interefering in mediumship work.
Several times ive felt defeated but Im determined to figure this out.
What is my best path of action?

EDIT:
It isnt like its only during meditation but it happens at almost any circumstances.
Thoughts that are usually foreign/disturbing to me (or would think, to anyone.)
Ive heard this is linked to OCD? Can anyone vouch for that?

Last edited by vernalive : 02-01-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:33 PM
star-child

This sometimes happens to me. The best and sometimes hardest thing to do it actually bring these thoughts to the surface. They are probably your ego wanting power and the more you ignore the thoughts the stronger and more inappropriate they will become.

I would recommend getting into a slight medative state, call upon Archangel Michael to give you strength (if the thoughts come racing forwards remember that angels love you unconditionally and they can distinguish between your ego and your true nature). Ask him to be around you while you bring these thoughts to the surface. You could write them down or use EFT on them. If you aren't familiar with EFT then there are lots of YouTube videos explaining it like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQp0k...layer_embedded

You can do this
Old 03-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi,
This is not an answer, but maybe it could help - it does me...

"Thoughts are like birds flying overhead - you can't control them...but you certainly can control them not making a nest in your hair."

Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-01-2011, 06:09 PM
star-child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi,
This is not an answer, but maybe it could help - it does me...

"Thoughts are like birds flying overhead - you can't control them...but you certainly can control them not making a nest in your hair."

Miss Hepburn

I really like that, I remember you saying it in another thread and has been very helpful to me and I'm sure it will be to vernalive too
Old 04-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernalive
Ok so I have tried a number of things, affirmations, dismissals/conversions within the heart center. They are usually quick but violent/sexual in nature. Especially interefering in mediumship work.
Several times ive felt defeated but Im determined to figure this out.
What is my best path of action?

EDIT:
It isnt like its only during meditation but it happens at almost any circumstances.
Thoughts that are usually foreign/disturbing to me (or would think, to anyone.)
Ive heard this is linked to OCD? Can anyone vouch for that?

verna... Disturbing thoughts are signs of disturbed emotions from the past in your subconscious mind.

There are methods for releasing patterns like this that work very well. One I recommend is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques.

There's a short article about it and references at: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

blessings
Xan

Old 10-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Master
they can be a result of trauma and ocd would reccomend shamanic healing, the illumation process.
Old 21-01-2011, 07:37 AM
dreamer16

my therapist calls them tapes they do stem from some sort of trauma or someone telling you those things she reccomends deep breathing and what is called mindfulness and it is hard to achieve and takes practice its like recognizing that it is there and imagine a river and that problem is a leaf and you just watch it float away