Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-11-2013, 06:32 AM
rigby941

Lightbulb I'm NOW Agnostic - thank you guys - SO MUCH! I now have hope.

Seriously - thank you all...

I've been reading so many of the posts on here... I had a "light bulb moment" about 1/2 an hour ago...

My daughter has Pompe Disease, and it's terminal, also genetic... When she does die - her BEAUTIFUL SOUL will NOT be handicapped AT ALL!!!

There HAS to be SOME TYPE of afterlife... there's NO WAY her soul - which truly IS amazing - would just disappear.

I'll miss her like there's no tomorrow - (she's 4 1/2 years old)... no telling how long she'll live, and also have a good quality of life...

There's NO WAY I could go on living without her... I actually have hope.

WOW, is all I can say!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for letting me into this forum and letting me read/share your experiences.

-Elizabeth

edited by SF staff

Last edited by in progress : 12-11-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:39 AM
catlady

oh Rigby941 i cant imagine what it must be like to be you. must be a living hell, knowing your little girl is going to die at some point.
im pretty sure though that she would still be a part of you once she goes and will give you hugs and comfort when ever she could and you need them. you wont be left alone and empty, it will take awhile for you to get used to her beiong in spirit and not the body. took me a few months when my dad died. still knowing they "live" on helps a lot.
hang on in there though, dont give up will you.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:48 AM
Master
Dearest rigby ~ * My blessings to you and your darling daughter*

Did you know you can ask God For a clear sign from the light ~ Some one does not need to cross to the light and love before you ask.

I pray an Angel of the Light and Love comes and visits you.

With Kindness
:)

The one thing that can enslave or liberate you is your ...........................thought............................

quote~by Bernard/George

Old 12-11-2013, 07:53 AM
primrose

I'm glad you are opening up to having beliefs in an afterlife, your daugher will live on, and no longer be ill. You will survive, my son died age 26 (I was a very young mother) what gives me comfort is my belief in an aferlife. It's a very long story about why I'm sure of this belief. Keep seeking and you will find.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:31 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby941
There HAS to be SOME TYPE of afterlife... there's NO WAY her soul - which truly IS amazing - would just disappear.

ELIZABETH

There is an afterlife ...
My husband sent an ADC moments after his death ...
I wished many times we had discussed it more - especially the meaning of the signs he would eventually send ...
I never thought I would survive w/out him ...
My beliefs in the afterlife & the signs he sends have been my saving grace ...
I still miss him differently now than the first 2-3 years of grief & the adjustment phase ...
Light on your journey ...
Old 12-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Master

I've always believed in an afterlife.

I really like this NDE site. Lots of stories about people's experiences.
http://www.near-death.com

There are some very interesting books by Michael Newton about lives between lives. He's a hypnotherapist who stumbled upon people talking about what they do when they're dead. You might look into that if you like to read. There are also books that document children remembering past lives but I don't know any particular titles or authors. You may or may not be ready for Dolores Cannon! That's a little more far out in left field but she's also a hypnotherapist. She taps into people's other incarnations including lives on other planets!
Old 13-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Debbianne

Making some sense out of a Loved One's death

I was recently counseling a friend who lost her husband at a young age, and I quoted from an inspiring short story I'd come across. I thought I should also share it here for anyone who might benefit from it. The author was struggling to make sense of a death that occurred seemingly in the height of personal happiness. She had an "aha" moment when informed by her inner guidance: “How presumptuous you are, that the outworking of another’s destiny should have to be explained in a manner to satisfy you!”

She continued: “The outworking of each person’s consciousness and therefore his life is an intensely personal relationship between the person and his Creator. Though others may share in these proceedings, none may be a part of the final outcome. There is in each of us a secret place of privacy, a place where God and man come together. There are thoughts and responses to life that we share with no one but God---Spirit---and Spirit never forgets us, for It takes these secret thoughts and hurts and yearnings and, through the Law of Mind, proceeds to work them out in our lives to the last detail.”

~Margaret Stortz, in “Goodbye to Frank”

Much love to you all.
Debbianne
Old 13-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Experiencer
Hi,

If you believe in God then to me it's a natural extension to believe in afterlife. This may be a little too simplistic view but it works for me: Because we are part of God and always will be, it would make no sense to that statement if when we die we suddenly are not part of God anymore but instead there is no more of us.

Boson
Old 14-11-2013, 12:56 AM
LadyImpreza1111

It sounds like you are handling that with a good attitude.

Its amazing to me how people can have a handicap or illness of some kind but in spirit be totally free of it. Chances are, she chose to incarnate with that particular illness to teach you or someone else something.
Old 14-11-2013, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blessings to you and to your dear daughter. I am sorry she is so ill. But you are right, she will be healed and restored after her passing -whatever age she passes.

I never had "belief". I either knew something -for sure, or I didn't know, and kept an open mind. But I definitely didn't 'do' belief!
I still don't. But my dog showed me there is a life after so-called 'death'. My dog. Now I know. And all my experiences with her showed me she took no illness or pain with her. She radiates a lot of harmony and love now.