Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 22-08-2015, 07:44 PM
rach21

Insights?! Messages through music + dreams

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time here. Apologies if the topic of my (long!) post varies a bit- I can't seem to make sense of everything that has happened to me and feel that it all must be connected somehow.

I'm in my mid 20's now and have been a very empathetic person all of my life. I feed off of energies and am still learning how to "protect myself" from absorbing negativity.

It started when I was a young child I would often hear music and (at night) see lights flickering from the tv in my mothers room from my room down the hall, however, when I would get up to check, the tv would be off, no music playing, and mom fast asleep. This went on for several years and I never said a word. Years later my mom told me a story about how when she had first moved into the house, she had a feeling of someone constantly following her. She got so fed up that finally she turned around and yelled "leave me alone!". She said she never felt the feeling again after that.

Another time I was doing laundry and heard a man in my basement, loud and clear as a bell say "HEY, HEY YOU!". I didn't spend too much time down there after that, and when I did I always had the feeling I had company.

fyi- Our house was built in the 70's and one family had lived in it prior.

In my teens I woke up one morning after having a vivid dream that my mom died. In the dream my sister and I were in a car in a shopping centre parking lot in our home town when my mom's spirit came back to me and told me that she had died but everything was going to be ok. I woke up with a feeling of dread...I knew something was really wrong and that I needed to call her asap. She was out of town on a business trip at the time. I called her and texted her with no answer for hours. Her friend eventually got a hold of me and let me know that she had had several grand maul seizures and was unconscious in the hospital.

My mom since had a surgery which removed the part of her brain that was misfiring. She hadn't had a seizure for two years until about 3 weeks ago. It was a long weekend where I live and my boyfriend and I were going camping. I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen to my mom. I had a crippling anxiety that something bad was going to happen. I didn't listen to my gut and went anyways. When I came back into service I had a text message from my sister letting me know that my mom was in the hospital again after having her first seizure since the surgery.

It seems my mom and I have some sort of connection. I seem to always have a bad feeling when she is feeling unwell or when something has already happened.

Ok now to the more "paranormal" experiences... it seems that the spirits of those near and dear to my heart can communicate to me through music.

I was shopping in a mall when I received a text message from my dad that my Omi, who I was very close with, had passed away. When I opened up the text message Elvis was playing in the store. Every single happy memory I had with my Omi had Elvis attached- Elvis was always playing at her house. My Omi to me= Elvis. I found it strange to hear Elvis is a "trendy" shopping mall.

Earlier this year a good friend of mine lost his batter with Osteosarcoma, a rare bone cancer. The day before he died I had song lyrics stuck in my head. I kept hearing the lyrics over and over "and the cardinal hits the window". It took me a second to place the song but once I did I couldn't beat the urge to listen to it. The song is called Casimir Pulaski Day. Some of the lyrics below:

"Goldenrod and the 4H stone
The things I brought you
When I found out you had cancer of the bone"

"In the morning when you finally go
And the nurse runs in with her head hung low
And the cardinal hits the window"

He died the following morning. Though his illness was terminal, his death was unexpected. I was away on vacation at the time and we were supposed to meet up when I got home.

During all of these occurrences I have had strong feelings of connections with these lost loved ones and like they were trying to send me a message. I found it comforting to be honest.

I apologize if this is post is disorganized or misplaced...my thoughts feel disorganized! I can't help but think that I have some sort of intuition and some sort of connection with my mom.

I know there is more that I am forgetting but this post is long enough!

What do you think? I am curious about exploring this more and have always been very open to the spiritual world.

I appreciate any insights you have about me or my experiences. Thanks for reading!
Old 24-08-2015, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator
I am sorry....please forgive this silliness of mine, but when I saw your username, I was reminded of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQaa84MP7c

Rach21

Rach: 2: 1.

Rachmaninov, piano concerto number 2, movement 1.

This may not be your kind of music, but indulge me!