Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-01-2014, 02:44 PM
4everLove

leap of faith

Hi all!

So I am making steps to taking that leap. I've recognized that it is ok to leave my 9-5. I discovered i just want to travel, be free, and try something completely different. I'm having this desire to try flight attending. Now I understand its a tough job and when you start out you don't have seniority for a long time. But if i apply, there are not many jobs. The jobs wouldmean moving out of state, lleaving my parents and friends. I just made a couple of amazing and very close friends here that are so much like me. I'm afraid to leave them, start new and meet new people, and to be alone.

Has anyone taken scary leaps like that? How did they turn out?
Old 29-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Ascender
There are many unknowns, if you are complete and happy where you are there should be no need to leave. You face something new, which can be scary but not in practice. Once your walking its not as bad as it was thinking about it. Just take one step at a time.

If you stay or go just remember, expand your knowledge. There is always room to grow.
Old 29-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everLove
Hi all!

So I am making steps to taking that leap. I've recognized that it is ok to leave my 9-5. I discovered i just want to travel, be free, and try something completely different. I'm having this desire to try flight attending. Now I understand its a tough job and when you start out you don't have seniority for a long time. But if i apply, there are not many jobs. The jobs wouldmean moving out of state, lleaving my parents and friends. I just made a couple of amazing and very close friends here that are so much like me. I'm afraid to leave them, start new and meet new people, and to be alone.

I have and it worked out very well. But you have excellent reasons for staying to. I'd say have a plan in place. You will always have to work though, you find the right 9-5.
Old 29-01-2014, 08:30 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Hi all!

A few that really scared me, but realizing that you can find support anywhere if you don't limit both that and the experiences as one. Sometimes the safety of family and close friends might lead you to think you cant build connections of support in your new ventures. My experience tells me otherwise. Stepping out of comfort zones can open the adventure of a lifetime. Just knowing that you have that home base there waiting for you can be enough to propel you. Its a foundation that is in you and carries you through those risky spaces.
Old 29-01-2014, 08:52 PM
4everLove

These are really great responses! Though I do have really great friends here, I feel like I am moving in a box. I've actually been becoming frustrated and bored with my everything. I want to do something completely different and try something. I found this amazing opportunity to go abroad in Thailand, but financially I am scared and not sure what to do with my job (I am looking for a new one). Can't stand 9-5 right now...maybe later when I have a family, married, and I am settled down, but right now I need to explore and get out!

Has anyone every had to make financially tough decisions and took a risk?
Old 29-01-2014, 09:04 PM
silent whisper

Feeling trapped opens the need to free up in some form.

So is it flight attending or going to Thailand that you want?

You know in the space of two posts you seem like you want to escape and find adventure perhaps you just need to get clearer on what it is your want exactly, and then see where you are at with all the other matters that come with your final decision.

The universe will often align us in supportive ways when we open to what we want, otherwise your dreaming of many dreams (ofwhich all can be fulfilled if your heart wants them) and not taking the first step to make it happen.

Losing everything in a fire taught me to trust around money and life matters more so than ever before. It helped me to get clearer about what was important to me and follow my heart.
Old 30-01-2014, 02:11 AM
Ascender
Quote:
These are really great responses! Though I do have really great friends here, I feel like I am moving in a box. I've actually been becoming frustrated and bored with my everything. I want to do something completely different and try something. I found this amazing opportunity to go abroad in Thailand, but financially I am scared and not sure what to do with my job (I am looking for a new one). Can't stand 9-5 right now...maybe later when I have a family, married, and I am settled down, but right now I need to explore and get out!

Has anyone every had to make financially tough decisions and took a risk?

I know I have and many others as well, but the question that remains is are you going to as well. Don't judge your choice on other peoples outcomes, just look for what outcome you need now.
Old 30-01-2014, 02:13 AM
4everLove

Yeah I agree. I know that I really want to explore this world. And I have recognized that I need to focus on one, but I thank you for that reminder. I need to focus on one and just trust. I think it is deciding which one I want which is the hardest part because I want both haha! Thank you for the reminder :)
Old 30-01-2014, 02:17 AM
4everLove

And thank you Sammy,

I feel ready, but scared, nervous, and a little worries. I just need to trust it more because once I decided I wanted to travel I got opportunities opening the very next day (at least for Thailand and then a different type of airline job). I'm ready for the leap, just need to decided which way to leap.

Thank you!
Old 30-01-2014, 02:21 AM
TheAshCooper

Wow...

The first thread I read. I was like no way... Me too...

At the end of this year I'm leaving this society behind to embark on my own mission of enlightening myself and sharing my experiences. I intend to have no money no home. I will actually abandon this false life of which I'm still living.

It is scary. And I am afraid.

But think of it this way.

I used to believe I could work get the money then change the world....

I was so wrong.

I need to be true to myself. Make those changes take that leap. The money food shelter I may require to support the life? They will come as a result of my positive actions.
No more excuses.
December this year I leap.

I hope you do yours too. XD