Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-12-2019, 01:52 AM
janielee

Exclamation Job stuff

I don’t know why but things just don’t go well for me at work. I’m competent, people like me for the most part, but it’s one thing after another in terms of disappointment and just not succeeding.

Please let me get over all this job stuff. I’m a doofus.
Old 13-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Ascender

Hello janielee.

I recall that you have spoken to us of your difficulties re employment on a previous thread--though more in the context of a directional dilemma at that time I think.

Sounds now like your confidence has taken a knock.--maybe it's a different consequence of the same dilemma?

Don't know what a "doofus" is!--but if you are one, then I guess they must be creatures of some grace and kindness.

Take care, take heart. Xpete
Old 13-12-2019, 05:17 PM
Master

Perhaps the a universe is hinting that you enjoy yourself without anticipating outcomes

Old 13-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I don’t know why but things just don’t go well for me at work. I’m competent, people like me for the most part, but it’s one thing after another in terms of disappointment and just not succeeding.

Earning a living is a necessity of life for most of us, unless we are materially blessed with enough financial resources to not have to work.

Some people are fortunate enough to earn an income doing what they love, so their work is deeply satisfying on many levels. Others are in the unfortunate position of having to work at a job they hate to earn enough money to get by. I think that most people who work fall somewhere between these two extremes.

I suspect that you are not a doofus, but perhaps in the work environment you are a square peg in a round hole. In other words, you don't quite fit in. I have no doubt that you are competent, but I cannot see you buying in to the work culture and office politics which usually prevail.

If your work is disappointing and you feel unable to succeed then maybe you need to let go of your expectations of yourself and others. It is what it is. Perhaps approach your work as a game, where your daily challenge is to remain calm, detached and positive, come what may. Who knows, you might find that your work becomes a spiritual lesson with the added bonus of being paid for participating in it.

Peace
Old 13-12-2019, 10:59 PM
Master
Don’t call yourself a “doofus” else you just may create a character in yourself to play the part of a doofus to live out a self-fulfilling prophesy. What we repeatedly say to ourselves is as and affirmation that we ingrain in our consciousness. It has a deep impact on our attitude, and attitude determines altitude. So don’t judge yourself so harshly; give yourself permission to make mistakes as long as those mistakes are not irreparable. All human beings are fallible.

Disappointment is to miss the point; you are aiming at something, a certain way you want to be, and when you do not live up to your own expectations you become disappointed. You seem to be holding on too tightly and that most likely is your problem. Learn how to accept yourself as you are right now. Yes, most people work to get money for their livelihood, but is there any part of your work that helps others?

If what you do helps others then try to view your work as providing a service. High achievers usually have low self esteem; I speak from experience. Being successful in your life is a desirable goal, but how do you measure success? Success is viewed differently by different people. Don’t set immediate goals that you are either not ready, or unable, to achieve.

Be gentle with yourself, start with small goals, achieving a lot of small goals over a long period of time in and of itself can lead to the completion of a big goal. Often the situation we find ourselves in is not the problem, often the problem is the way we view the situation that we are in. In the mental health field what a person tells a therapist is their problem, is usually not their problem. Life has layers and most people can only see the surface.

Everything is useful for our further growth and development, a wasted situation is a situation which we do not know how to put to better use. Most human beings are either resisting something or embracing something; I believe we should always embrace ourselves regardless what we may think of ourselves. What we resist often returns again and again until we learn how to embrace it.

Embracing does not mean we have to like it, rather it means that we have gained some insight from it, and we do not have to run or hide from it, push it away, etc. Every human being has work to do on themselves, and just maybe your current job is the classroom for the work which you need to do right now on yourself.

Life is school and the most important thing for you to learn about is yourself. But don’t grade yourself, or degrade yourself; try to understand why you think the way that you do, and understand that you are not your thoughts. You are going to make it, regardless whether you want to make it or not. The sum total of all that you truly are deep inside is already perfect, learn how to embrace that part of you.

Peace be with you janielee.
Old 14-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee

With the economies doing so well, you might want to 'treat' yourself and get a new job that has better benefits and pays more.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 15-12-2019, 05:50 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello janielee.

I recall that you have spoken to us of your difficulties re employment on a previous thread--though more in the context of a directional dilemma at that time I think.

Sounds now like your confidence has taken a knock.--maybe it's a different consequence of the same dilemma?

Don't know what a "doofus" is!--but if you are one, then I guess they must be creatures of some grace and kindness.

Take care, take heart. Xpete

Hello pete

Greetings and Namaste.

Yes, similar dilemma, really..I haven’t gotten over the first, but also find it ironic and disappointing to experience the things I have in “recent jobs”. I’m well paid and well rewarded, but ultimately confused.

Thank you for your kind words, pete! And for bringing a smile to this face and heart.

Love

JL
Old 15-12-2019, 05:51 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Perhaps the a universe is hinting that you enjoy yourself without anticipating outcomes

I would love to enjoy myself more US, thank you for your comment

Namaste

JL
Old 15-12-2019, 05:54 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I suspect that you are not a doofus, but perhaps in the work environment you are a square peg in a round hole. In other words, you don't quite fit in. I have no doubt that you are competent, but I cannot see you buying in to the work culture and office politics which usually prevail.

If your work is disappointing and you feel unable to succeed then maybe you need to let go of your expectations of yourself and others. It is what it is. Perhaps approach your work as a game, where your daily challenge is to remain calm, detached and positive, come what may. Who knows, you might find that your work becomes a spiritual lesson with the added bonus of being paid for participating in it.

Peace

Thanks iamthat I feel very blessed on this thread.

How did you know that about me? Sometimes I wonder if I’m just too proud and stubborn...or if being honest and authentic is seen as weak. Maybe I’m just confused.

Your advice is wise, as usual, I will make no promises given how many years I have now suffered this foolishness of my own making. I don’t know if I am capable of the clarity I once felt, iamthat.

Love and blessings to you dear One.

JL
Old 15-12-2019, 05:57 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Don’t call yourself a “doofus” else you just may create a character in yourself to play the part of a doofus to live out a self-fulfilling prophesy. What we repeatedly say to ourselves is as and affirmation that we ingrain in our consciousness. It has a deep impact on our attitude, and attitude determines altitude. So don’t judge yourself so harshly; give yourself permission to make mistakes as long as those mistakes are not irreparable. All human beings are fallible.

Disappointment is to miss the point; you are aiming at something, a certain way you want to be, and when you do not live up to your own expectations you become disappointed. You seem to be holding on too tightly and that most likely is your problem. Learn how to accept yourself as you are right now. Yes, most people work to get money for their livelihood, but is there any part of your work that helps others?

If what you do helps others then try to view your work as providing a service. High achievers usually have low self esteem; I speak from experience. Being successful in your life is a desirable goal, but how do you measure success? Success is viewed differently by different people. Don’t set immediate goals that you are either not ready, or unable, to achieve.

Be gentle with yourself, start with small goals, achieving a lot of small goals over a long period of time in and of itself can lead to the completion of a big goal. Often the situation we find ourselves in is not the problem, often the problem is the way we view the situation that we are in. In the mental health field what a person tells a therapist is their problem, is usually not their problem. Life has layers and most people can only see the surface.

Everything is useful for our further growth and development, a wasted situation is a situation which we do not know how to put to better use. Most human beings are either resisting something or embracing something; I believe we should always embrace ourselves regardless what we may think of ourselves. What we resist often returns again and again until we learn how to embrace it.

Embracing does not mean we have to like it, rather it means that we have gained some insight from it, and we do not have to run or hide from it, push it away, etc. Every human being has work to do on themselves, and just maybe your current job is the classroom for the work which you need to do right now on yourself.

Life is school and the most important thing for you to learn about is yourself. But don’t grade yourself, or degrade yourself; try to understand why you think the way that you do, and understand that you are not your thoughts. You are going to make it, regardless whether you want to make it or not. The sum total of all that you truly are deep inside is already perfect, learn how to embrace that part of you.

Peace be with you janielee.

Oh Starman

I feel like I really lucked out on this thread with the wisest and kindest of voices coming forward to help me out.

Thank you to you all, and for your insanely deep level of wisdom, clarity, beauty and Light, insight and Love.

Thank you for these kind words and the insights they may bring me also.

Love and blessings,

JL