Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-01-2013, 10:05 PM
4everaspirit

Book1 Somewhat Experienced With A Few Questions?

Hey, guys!

I almost projected last night. I have had numerous projections, I just haven't done it lately.

I do have a few questions about the sleep paralysis that I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on.

So, every time I enter the sleep paralysis stage and feel the vibrations, I'm fully conscious, which is really freaky. I will sometimes stop the process and move my arm and I'll shift right back to normal, but all while I was in the same conscious frame of mind. This only proves to me that this is something more than just a "dream" as some think it is.

Anyway, I have noticed that every time I am doing this, with all the swaying back and forth and vibrating, I feel my second body always being really weird. Like I have no control over it really as it's separating from my body. I will feel as if my astral hands go everywhere but I'm not doing anything to make them do such, nor even thinking about it. Also, I always feel like my astral mouth opens every single time. It's like during the process, my astral mouth opens by itself. I was just wondering if anyone knows why ;/ It's weird feeling as sometimes I feel like my astral tongue sticks out too. lol.
Old 26-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit
I have noticed that every time I am doing this, with all the swaying back and forth and vibrating, I feel my second body always being really weird. Like I have no control over it really as it's separating from my body.

During the transition stage, I must relinquish all conscious control of the process as well. When the transition is over, and I'm out of body, then I can remember what I want to do and go do it. But, during the process, I really must just let it happen.

I'm also guessing that your astral mouth is acting strangely for the same reason that baby humans are famous for drooling (or, for that matter, sleeping people): you have no awareness or control at this stage. Or maybe you're energetically expressive, or have clairgustance by default?
Old 26-01-2013, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator
People more experienced might have some suggestions...
But I also find my body-parts can "get a mind of their own" occasionally when going out of body.
Sometimes my legs have gone right up, right over my head, and right back, and I've been inspired to get out of body via a back-flip! Sometimes my legs have gone suddenly and markedly sideways, though I had no conscious intention of sending them in that direction! (I'll also add that at no time during these things have I sensed or been aware of any other "entity" causing this, so I conclude it's from me or just anomalous)
I have found though, that just concentrating lightly on whatever-it-is that seems to be going in an odd direction, gets it under conscious direction/control immediately.
Old 26-01-2013, 02:11 AM
4everaspirit

Thanks for your input guys. I guess no one really knows. I guess I'm asking more of the question of why we go through the transition with very little control, and our astral body just doing whatever. xD
Old 26-01-2013, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator
Well, I don't know to be honest. There is a lot about going out of body which appears to have the subconscious as a driving-force (even though we may be completely awake and aware) And when we are just going out, unexpected things can sometimes happen.
A couple of weeks ago I was going out and stared at my hands. I have read many times in well-written works about AP that if you do this, the hands start to "melt away". That this is almost axiomatic. Well, that didn't happen, and surprised me because I expected from everything I'd read, that it would.
Then I stared some more and then expected that at least the fingers might elongate, because that's another thing I'd read.....that didn't happen either. So I carried on staring wondering what was going to happen after all, and realizing I was wasting an opportunity to FLY!
Well, instead my hands burst into the most beautiful display of auric lights! Now there was no way I consciously intended them to do that -that is just what happened.
It just goes to show there are forces at work we know only half of anything about!
Old 26-01-2013, 02:34 AM
Ascender

Quote:
I guess I'm asking more of the question of why we go through the transition with very little control, and our astral body just doing whatever. xD

If I had a few more lifetimes of practice, I'm optimistic that one would be able to shift consciousness easily between the astral body and the physical body, even being in control of both simultaneously all the time. As it is, that's like trying to juggle books. I would rather close the very big large book that I am reading, put it back on the shelf where it belongs, and then look around for the other book, and then pick that other book up, and then sit down while carrying it, and open up that other book, and then read that other book. You know? I would juggle the books if I knew that I could do it really well, but I don't want to practice if it eats into my time spent actually reading in the way that I know works.
Old 26-01-2013, 03:21 AM
4everaspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Now there was no way I consciously intended them to do that -that is just what happened.
It just goes to show there are forces at work we know only half of anything about!

I'd bet. hmmmm
Old 26-01-2013, 06:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for your input guys. I guess no one really knows. I guess I'm asking more of the question of why we go through the transition with very little control, and our astral body just doing whatever. xD

I have been lucky enough to maintain consciousness through projections triggers by meditation where I had to mentally force myself to exit my body by knowing the feelings of raising up and floating out of my body. But what I really consider myself lucky for experiencing is the few times I have fell asleep and maintained consciousness as I fall asleep as I shift from my physical body and then my astral body, then my astral body shoots out of my physical automatically and goes blasting into the astral planes on autopilot. I really enjoy being able to witness that. For some people they never do and it's a struggle for them to be able to get themself out of their body while conscious. Some people it just comes naturally to, or instead of coming naturally it is just more natural for them if that makes any sense. Every night we fall asleep we go through the exact same processes of switching consciousness into our astral body, leaving our physical body, and flying into the astral planes. We just are typically not aware and conscious during the process. What I am going to guess is that it is happening to you much like you breathe automatically, or like your heart beats automatically. Regardless of the fact that is all seems so weird to you. I am sure when a baby is born breathing seems weird as well and so in the beginning when you experience subtle body seperation while maintaining a conscious state it is going to seem extremely weird regardless of the fact if your mind/body is doing all of the work for you and you are just a witness to the events.
Old 26-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
If I had a few more lifetimes of practice, I'm optimistic that one would be able to shift consciousness easily between the astral body and the physical body, even being in control of both simultaneously all the time. As it is, that's like trying to juggle books. I would rather close the very big large book that I am reading, put it back on the shelf where it belongs, and then look around for the other book, and then pick that other book up, and then sit down while carrying it, and open up that other book, and then read that other book. You know? I would juggle the books if I knew that I could do it really well, but I don't want to practice if it eats into my time spent actually reading in the way that I know works.

From my experience in the astral being able to consciously be inside of a subtle body and a physical body is nearly impossible. If you were standing up when you shifted into your subtle body your physical body would feint and fall down. The exact same thing happens to our astral body when we get snapped back into our physical and a projection ends pre-maturely. I have experimented with this dozens of times at this point. I have even been teleported back to where the projection ended pre-maturely and on every occasion when I returned to the same spot I was laying down and a crowd of people were gathered around me. Did you ever see Avatar? I actually just though about that as typing it, that is what happens when we lose the connection. The same thing that happened in Avatar when they cut the cord so to speak. On one occasion I woke up getting rolled around a building in a astral hospital bed, then on another occasion I was laying on a bed and they had one of those beeping heart monitors. It always amazes me how authentic to the physical world the beginning layers of the astral are. Obviously I cannot say 100% what happens when I leave my astral body because I am not there to witness, but I know it doesn't necessarily reintegrate right away and can get stuck in the astral planes. Not something to fear it will always reintegrate when we go to sleep, but I have been teleported like I spoke earlier about several times it's quite interesting. It would be very cool if we were able to be in both bodies consciously at once. If it isn't possible maybe it will be one day when we evolve more, who knows. Multi-dimensional beings are very complex.
Old 26-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
The exact same thing happens to our astral body when we get snapped back into our physical and a projection ends pre-maturely.

Eeee. Happened to me, too, and I am averse to that like nails on a chalkboard. My other body felt like it had been crammed in the wrong way around, I was feeling terribly pretzel-like for hours!