Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Angels3

AP/ lucid dreaming supposed to be tiring??

So i'm finally able to lucid dream (yay!) but i'm noticing that whenever I do it I wake up tired. My body doesn't feel tired but it feels like my inner self (soul, spirit?) is exhausted. Is it suppose to feel that way when starting out? If I do it enough will I gain more stamina?
Old 22-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
I don't know, Angels3. Whenever I've had a lucid dream or any interesting AP, I have got up pretty soon afterwards, instead of going back to sleep, to really recall the experience in detail, to imprint it on my memory, and often to write it down. So very often, after one of these I will feel a little tired during the next day, but usually only that kind of tiredness you get after having a broken or interrupted sleep cycle.
In my case it hasn't mattered much because I've been so intrigued by my experiences, that's kind of made up for it, and raised me up. Then after a coffee, and a few hours I've felt fine again.

Raising "vibrations" can definitely help to dispel any feeling of exhaustion or tiredness. (Like, you know when you are so happy inside, something really great is happening, and you had been feeling a bit tired -but suddenly you don't any more? That kind of effect) So meditation might help? Or attunement to something of a higher vibration which you hold dear.
Old 22-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels3
So i'm finally able to lucid dream (yay!) but i'm noticing that whenever I do it I wake up tired. My body doesn't feel tired but it feels like my inner self (soul, spirit?) is exhausted. Is it suppose to feel that way when starting out? If I do it enough will I gain more stamina?

I have noticed that lucid dreaming and astral projection achieved through dreaming can mess with your sleep states and so when you return to sleep, or sleeping to begin with to be able to achieve the right state of mind for lucid dreaming or astral projection I personally don't get a very good nights of sleep and wake up tired and could sleep for a very long time. It has something to do with how deep we are sleeping and for us to be able to dream at all, let alone lucid dreaming we cannot be in a deep level of sleep. So if you have a bunch of lucid dreams in one night you likely didn't get very much deep sleep and you will be tired.
Old 22-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Angels3

Thanks for the info! @ Tobi I practically do the same thing you do when you ap (wake up after) but the tiredness I feel waking up the next day isn't really lack of sleep tiredness (like a bodily tiredness) but kindda like a soul tiredness if that makes sense. The experience I had yesterday was so amazing I wish I could draw what I saw! I do need to get back to meditating but for some reason my body refuses to sit still .
\
@ Astral thats the exact feeling I have! When I start lucid dreaming/ap, I have a connection with the physical world but its kind of like its on a back burner in a sense that I know whats going on there while i'm still in that ap state. I wonder if theres a study somewhere on it..It takes some getting use to I guess
Old 23-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Quagmire

I remember after a long day in school taking in new impression/knowledge all day my mind/spirit felt like it literally dragged over the ground. I tend to say that the mind is like a stomach it needs time to digest what you put in it. So if you have been out all night filling more in than you release/settle then it will probably be tired. But the more you learn how to digest your surroundings the less tired you probably will be from the same amount of ingestion. So if Lucid/AP is new to you (at least in a conscious sense) then it probably will be filled with new impressions which might or might not decrease through time...

Also; what I have found useful is to let my unconscious mind figure things out for me. It seems quite more capable at sorting out experiences than I am consciously. So many times I try just to let things be for a while and let them sort themselves out. This gives me peace of mind. At times I have solutions to things I could not figure out pop up in my head month after I gave up on figuring them out

The thing about not sitting still can have something to do with your root chakra. I physically have to sit my behind on the ground in order to meditate in a "classical" sense - though most times my mind is in a kind of meditative state.
Old 23-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator
Finding it hard to "sit still" could have its foundations in quite a few things.
The simplest one is exercise. Someone who uses their physical body daily in a grounded way, uses their energy in a practical way will find it much easier to relax and sit still when the time comes to do that.
There are also optimum times of day to be physically active, and to rest. The knack is finding your own bio-rhythm which suits you.
But make sure you get good outdoor exercise (such as walking, or running, collecting and cutting wood, shoveling snow, swimming....whatever life offers you, use it to express physical energy (as long as you are physically able to)
We are spiritual Beings having a physical experience and if this is not expressed fully it can lead to a bottling-up of natural energy.

Another thing is "nervous energy". Some of us are just born to be "antsy" kinds of people! Deep breathing and working on full relaxation-techniques if repeated every day, will help. Always be aware of breathing properly (this can be hard to do!)
Old 23-01-2013, 03:31 AM
Angels3

That makes sense Dream. I'll definitely look into root charkra strengthening
@Tobie You are on the money about that. I have to say I did a little workout before meditation and it did help me to sit still for a bit. Thing is i'm on a mini vacation and i'm not used to hanging around all day. I have a horse hobby and I spend anywhere from 3-8 hrs outside and i'm really missing it. I do get out in the morning but its not enough to calm my energy so I think I should look into alternative workouts while i'm here. Another thing is my racing mind. Mantras help but only to an extent but maybe if I do a long workout, i'll be calm enough to do it properly.
Old 23-01-2013, 03:39 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels3
Another thing is my racing mind. Mantras help but only to an extent but maybe if I do a long workout, i'll be calm enough to do it properly.

My mind is on constant overdrive and I am yet to find a way to settle it down. The thing I have learned is to not focus on it and just let it play out in the back. That gives me an unconscious mind that is in constant movement yet a conscious mind that can be at peace.
Old 23-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Angels3, ....diet can make a difference too, depending on your individual systems. Some foods can be over-stimulating for some people. It depends, this is very individual.
Anything with caffeine (chocolate, coffee, etc) has the biggest reputation for causing a racing mind. I doesn't seem to affect me, so I can drink coffee, and then meditate or AP straight away, or even sleep deeply if I need to. But it's not the same for everyone. Sugar-containing foods -(including too much fruit sugars, even) , if you're sensitive, can have a similar effect. Also additives, colourings, flavourings etc in foods can cause this inability to relax. Even too much protein can "speed up" the mind.
Some people are just not sensitive to these things, and others are. I'm not particularly sensitive to anything I eat or drink. But it depends what your own sensitivities are (if any)

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 23-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Quagmire

I think mine dwells in the fact that I am an Empath so I am what I describe as fully integrated into the soul wave grid (the emotional wave grid might also be a good name). So I am in a constant state of receiving information from everywhere in need of digestion, so I think I would be in more trouble if the metabolism of my mind slowed down. Almost a year ago one morning I woke up and my mind was completely calm. I am not sure how I achieved it, but there it was the thing all my effort had never been capable of doing. My mind has not slowed down yet it is calm, to be honest it is quite amazing though I still have unbalanced days where I "eat" too much and need rest. But as I grow I get better at noticing these things (at least I hope so ).