Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseyface
This honestly breaks my heart i feel like i was about to cry when i read this, apollo is my guide. He has done alot for me i have had alot happen to me when i found out he was my guide i dont want to say much about what happened because its to long but the experiences i had did help me . I have been alot happier when i found out he was my guide.I dont hate you either everyone has their own beliefs and opinions. I cant hate you just because you dont believe apollo is my guide. Every time someone tells me this i cry i feel such a strong connection with apollo and i feel he is my guide .I know i haven't seen him yet but it dosint mean hes not their.

Well, among some Pagan communities, experiences of theophany are called UPG: "Unverified Personal Gnosis". Unverified because a living faith is not canon or mythology. Personal because it's personal. Gnosis because...

To one person, Apollo might be the ghost of a deified mortal prince and has insight but no power over the elements or prophecies, to another person he's the spiritual energy and intelligence of our Sun as that person interprets the connection, for another Apollo is the Animus aspect of their higher self becoming manifest, to another still Apollo is an honored member of a royal court in some other dimension that sounds suspiciously similar to myths of Mount Olympus. It might be different for everyone, but one usually uses intuition to grasp the closest thing to identity that another will give you in these matters.

The Apollo who appeared to me might have been some unclassified spirit who just liked the name. That's fine by me because I learned a lot from this personal relationship, and I get to compare UPG with other Pagans, and the mythology somehow supports further and more elaborate contact-- which means I learn even more from this personal relationship. My Apollo might not be the same as your Apollo, but if the connection betters us then let's let it be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Spirits come to us in a form we will recognize and will impersonate someone we would be more open to.

The above is not always a bad thing for nefarious purposes. It could be a true guide, with no name or face or separation, is meeting the person whom they are guiding at the level of consciousness which the person is at.
Old 20-01-2013, 06:10 PM
mouseyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
Well, among some Pagan communities, experiences of theophany are called UPG: "Unverified Personal Gnosis". Unverified because a living faith is not canon or mythology. Personal because it's personal. Gnosis because...

To one person, Apollo might be the ghost of a deified mortal prince and has insight but no power over the elements or prophecies, to another person he's the spiritual energy and intelligence of our Sun as that person interprets the connection, for another Apollo is the Animus aspect of their higher self becoming manifest, to another still Apollo is an honored member of a royal court in some other dimension that sounds suspiciously similar to myths of Mount Olympus. It might be different for everyone, but one usually uses intuition to grasp the closest thing to identity that another will give you in these matters.

The Apollo who appeared to me might have been some unclassified spirit who just liked the name. That's fine by me because I learned a lot from this personal relationship, and I get to compare UPG with other Pagans, and the mythology somehow supports further and more elaborate contact-- which means I learn even more from this personal relationship. My Apollo might not be the same as your Apollo, but if the connection betters us then let's let it be.

The above is not always a bad thing for nefarious purposes. It could be a true guide, with no name or face or separation, is meeting the person whom they are guiding at the level of consciousness which the person is at.

something else did happen,you may or may not believe me . This happened when I was feeling afraid of him because some idiot tricked me i dont speak to this person anymore. Anyways , i woke up one morning and felt calm and relaxed . I never feel this way when i wake up .I felt the urge to walk outside on my balcony and i did.I saw one of the trees outside of my balcony it looked weird though, it had a image of apollo made from the leaves on the tree it was almost hidden and i just stared at it wondering what he did to it the image looked like apollo sitting with a lyre. I hope i explained it good enough.I was amazed from it and a bit shocked because i never knew a god/goddess/spirit guide could do something like this.I think it may have been for my eyes only so i didint take a picture , i didint even have a camera then. I felt as if he was speaking to me i could hear him in my mind and i didint really listen . I did hear him say we need each other .I wish i listened more to what he had to say but at the time i felt like i wasint able to do it but it felt so powerful i really could have easily heard more.It was the strongest spiritual experience i had . The tree stayed the way it was till the end of fall . Dose this give me enough proof that he is my guide .
Old 20-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Bodhi_Spirit

mouseyface, why is it so important to you that Apollo is indeed your guide? I by no means am trying to be mean or even say he is not. However like I said before it may be important to use some sort of discernment when interacting with spirits. You seem to have a very emotional frame of mind with wanting so much for this to be true.

I believe spirits know what emotions to trigger in order for us to open up to them. I personally think it would be of great benefit for you to learn to use your third eye to see things as they truly are. When we as people come from a place of pure emotion it's so easy to believe only what we ourselves want to believe. Forgive me if I'm assuming incorrectly but it seems from your earlier post you're seeing this very emotionally and almost romantically.

I recently had an experience where my third eye was basically blown the f*%# open by a guide. It was very intense and a little scary when it happened but now that things have calmed down a bit I feel it is enabling me to not rely totally on my emotions or lower chakras for the answers I'm seeking. The way I've been often contacting what I'd call my spirit guides is through meditation, deep meditation. You can start by learning a basic breath meditation and go from there. I usually do this type of meditation and within 15 to 20 minutes (it varies) I hit that sweet spot that is a deep state of meditation. Mind you I'm grounding myself way before this state of meditation. I'm also visualizing a protective light around me that no negative energy may enter.

From there I invite my guides and only them to come forward to speak to me. Our conversations so far have been very much "Who are you? What is your name? What do you represent? What do you have to tell me?" but most importantly "Who is Jesus Christ?". The bible is the only book I know of that describes how to tell a deceptive spirit from one who is there to truly help. In other words discernment. The book of 1 John 4 describes how to do this. There are some Buddhist text that speak of being cautious when approached by Devas but I can not recall which ones. I'll have to look that up soon.
Old 21-01-2013, 01:36 AM
Master
Quote:
something else did happen,you may or may not believe me . This happened when I was feeling afraid of him because some idiot tricked me i dont speak to this person anymore. Anyways , i woke up one morning and felt calm and relaxed . I never feel this way when i wake up .I felt the urge to walk outside on my balcony and i did.I saw one of the trees outside of my balcony it looked weird though, it had a image of apollo made from the leaves on the tree it was almost hidden and i just stared at it wondering what he did to it the image looked like apollo sitting with a lyre. I hope i explained it good enough.I was amazed from it and a bit shocked because i never knew a god/goddess/spirit guide could do something like this.I think it may have been for my eyes only so i didint take a picture , i didint even have a camera then. I felt as if he was speaking to me i could hear him in my mind and i didint really listen . I did hear him say we need each other .I wish i listened more to what he had to say but at the time i felt like i wasint able to do it but it felt so powerful i really could have easily heard more.It was the strongest spiritual experience i had . The tree stayed the way it was till the end of fall . Dose this give me enough proof that he is my guide .

This confirms my suspicions that you already held previous knowledge of what "Apollo" is supposed to or rumored to look like. So it makes perfect sense you would see an image that fits in the image of what you expected him to look like. Any spirit could of made this image that you saw in the trees, any spirit could of telepathically read your thoughts and known exactly what you expect Apollo to look like, and with that said it by no means at all means that it was definitely Apollo. On the other side of the arguement though it doesn't mean it is not Apollo. I am not so closed-minded that I think there is no way possible what you saw was Apollo, but I also do not project my personal desires onto my experiences as it appears many seem to do with these types of experiences. There is no way to say for sure whether it was Apollo or something else. You saw the image of Apollo because that is what you wanted to see, that is what your brain could make sense out of. It's just like a Warshak test when one person sees it they see a beautiful swan, and the next person sees a bloody murder scene. People see what they want to see and in a lot of cases their own desires blind their logical thinking so that any attempts to be realistic are thrown to the wind. Personally to me it sounds like your ego is deciding that Apollo is your Spirit Guide and not your logical self. You appear like you would be let down if your Spirit Guide was just a regular spirit like everyone else's is.

Quote:

I completely agree with you Albalida, I only mentioned the negative side of spirits/entities/Gods/dieties/etc. taking the form of something that makes sense to us. It's not just nefarious entities who mean us harm that do this, it is almost every entity of every nature of every level of evolution. Angels of the light come to us in a form that we will be comfortable with, sometimes in a form that will amaze us so that we can use that image to understand their power. Negative entities appear to us in a form that we deeply fear or sometimes into a form that we will accept with more open arms because fear does not always get the job done. There are countless stories of dark powerful entities masquerading as a regular Earthbound spirit, or a holy angel and once the person they are contacting lets down their guard and invites them in then they unleash their wickedness upon that person. Entities of all sorts appear to us in a form we will recognize, a form we covet and would love to see, a form we will recognize their power, a form that will amaze/astonish us, a form we fear, or sometimes even a simple form of a regular spirit that makes us think we do not need to be so careful and we let down our guard. My point of it not being that only negative spirits appear in different forms to confuse or trick us, my point is that because all spirits can appear in almost any form we have no logical realistic way of ever knowing if the spirit we are looking at is a regular Earthbound spirit, a God, an angel, or a fallen angel. What we do have is our "spiritual senses" but unfortunately those senses can be and are on a regular basis foiled and tricked as well to sense exactly what the person desires. Then we have people's own desires and needs and those constantly are getting transferred into what they encounter or how they percieve what they encounter. In the OP's case he wanted to contact Apollo so no matter what he saw, no matter what he senses he is going to say he met Apollo and nothing is going to change that. I believe this because it's clear he is unopen to any idea other than Apollo being his Spirit Guide which to me sounds extremely egotistical.
Old 21-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator
I really do apologize Mouseyface. It was not my intention to hurt your heart. I do not think negatively of the Inner Worlds, as I have had some beautiful, life-changing experiences in them. But I am also aware of challenges and difficulties with discernment we all can have. And some things in other dimensions are very difficult to tell what-from-what, when we are experiencing them.

Apart from what they might be as Beings on the Astral or higher planes, Gods are also Archetypes. An Archetype is a type of character to whom we attribute certain qualities. And we share these deep-rooted things within the Collective Unconscious. From ancient times these qualities have been given personas (hence the "gods") For instance "The Hero"...."The mother"...."the Shadow"...."the old wise man/woman"...the "Anima/Animus" etc

(Google "Jung and the archetypes of the Collective Unconscious." There might be info there which would guide you?)

It could be that the special connection you sense with the god Apollo, is a representation of your Animus....maybe that is what he is bringing to you? (sorry -just made an assumption there that you're female, but that might not be so!) The male part of you inside your psyche? If you are male, it might be the quality you aspire to.
All females have an Animus (a male part of them) And all males have an Anima (a female part of them) Depending on the actual Archetype you particularly "tune into", it might show what qualities would help balance you spiritually?
Old 21-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Ascender

Quote:

I think you are adding a voice to my post that I did not have. I wasn't saying that I don't believe you met Apollo. I'm saying that I believe the word "Apollo" calls upon many, many, many different sorts of entities. Or at least, many interpretations. And I was curious which one you believe he is. You seem to be trying to prove that you were contacted by somebody else's Apollo because somebody else's Apollo would be the real one, and I'm saying everybody's Apollo is equally real. And asking which Apollo is yours.

You believe that your spirit guide is named Apollo. But what does that really mean? Will you pursue divination or archery as a discipline? Go sunbathing more often? Get into Hellenistic Reconstructionism and start every morning with khernips and an offering of olives on a designated altar? What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzyga
There are some Buddhist text that speak of being cautious when approached by Devas but I can not recall which ones. I'll have to look that up soon.

The Brahma-nimantanika Sutta? That's the closest I can think of. It came off to me as an allegory for watching attachments and aversions being enough to dispel them. "I see you, evil thing. I know that you are Mara." Just the knowledge already renders the demon Mara powerless.

There's also the zen saying, that if you see the Buddha anywhere outside of yourself, then kill him-- because that is not a true Buddha. A true Buddha must develop within, not without.
Old 21-01-2013, 04:19 AM
mouseyface

Quote:
I think you are adding a voice to my post that I did not have. I wasn't saying that I don't believe you met Apollo. I'm saying that I believe the word "Apollo" calls upon many, many, many different sorts of entities. Or at least, many interpretations. And I was curious which one you believe he is. You seem to be trying to prove that you were contacted by somebody else's Apollo because somebody else's Apollo would be the real one, and I'm saying everybody's Apollo is equally real. And asking which Apollo is yours.

You believe that your spirit guide is named Apollo. But what does that really mean? Will you pursue divination or archery as a discipline? Go sunbathing more often? Get into Hellenistic Reconstructionism and start every morning with khernips and an offering of olives on a designated altar? What?

The Brahma-nimantanika Sutta? That's the closest I can think of. It came off to me as an allegory for watching attachments and aversions being enough to dispel them. "I see you, evil thing. I know that you are Mara." Just the knowledge already renders the demon Mara powerless.

There's also the zen saying, that if you see the Buddha anywhere outside of yourself, then kill him-- because that is not a true Buddha. A true Buddha must develop within, not without.

im sorry i must have read the post wrong.I dont mean to offend you or anything.I do feel like the greek god apollo told me he was my guide, i feel a strong connection with him. : (
Old 21-01-2013, 04:39 AM
mouseyface

Quote:
This confirms my suspicions that you already held previous knowledge of what "Apollo" is supposed to or rumored to look like. So it makes perfect sense you would see an image that fits in the image of what you expected him to look like. Any spirit could of made this image that you saw in the trees, any spirit could of telepathically read your thoughts and known exactly what you expect Apollo to look like, and with that said it by no means at all means that it was definitely Apollo. On the other side of the arguement though it doesn't mean it is not Apollo. I am not so closed-minded that I think there is no way possible what you saw was Apollo, but I also do not project my personal desires onto my experiences as it appears many seem to do with these types of experiences. There is no way to say for sure whether it was Apollo or something else. You saw the image of Apollo because that is what you wanted to see, that is what your brain could make sense out of. It's just like a Warshak test when one person sees it they see a beautiful swan, and the next person sees a bloody murder scene. People see what they want to see and in a lot of cases their own desires blind their logical thinking so that any attempts to be realistic are thrown to the wind. Personally to me it sounds like your ego is deciding that Apollo is your Spirit Guide and not your logical self. You appear like you would be let down if your Spirit Guide was just a regular spirit like everyone else's is.

I completely agree with you Albalida, I only mentioned the negative side of spirits/entities/Gods/dieties/etc. taking the form of something that makes sense to us. It's not just nefarious entities who mean us harm that do this, it is almost every entity of every nature of every level of evolution. Angels of the light come to us in a form that we will be comfortable with, sometimes in a form that will amaze us so that we can use that image to understand their power. Negative entities appear to us in a form that we deeply fear or sometimes into a form that we will accept with more open arms because fear does not always get the job done. There are countless stories of dark powerful entities masquerading as a regular Earthbound spirit, or a holy angel and once the person they are contacting lets down their guard and invites them in then they unleash their wickedness upon that person. Entities of all sorts appear to us in a form we will recognize, a form we covet and would love to see, a form we will recognize their power, a form that will amaze/astonish us, a form we fear, or sometimes even a simple form of a regular spirit that makes us think we do not need to be so careful and we let down our guard. My point of it not being that only negative spirits appear in different forms to confuse or trick us, my point is that because all spirits can appear in almost any form we have no logical realistic way of ever knowing if the spirit we are looking at is a regular Earthbound spirit, a God, an angel, or a fallen angel. What we do have is our "spiritual senses" but unfortunately those senses can be and are on a regular basis foiled and tricked as well to sense exactly what the person desires. Then we have people's own desires and needs and those constantly are getting transferred into what they encounter or how they percieve what they encounter. In the OP's case he wanted to contact Apollo so no matter what he saw, no matter what he senses he is going to say he met Apollo and nothing is going to change that. I believe this because it's clear he is unopen to any idea other than Apollo being his Spirit Guide which to me sounds extremely egotistical .

I still have been happy with my experience .Im a girl btw. I felt alot happier when i found out he was my guide and still am, i never knew about him till he told that he was my guide.If hes not hurting me then i am fine im not going to feel afraid when i am so happy.Im not trying to be rude or anything im just saying what i believe. I dont care if my guide is a god or not i am not trying to be egotistical but this is what i feel is right .
Old 21-01-2013, 04:46 AM
Ascender

Quote:
im sorry i must have read the post wrong.I dont mean to offend you or anything.I do feel like the greek god apollo told me he was my guide, i feel a strong connection with him. : (

I'm not offended, I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't on the offense

Quote:
In the OP's case he wanted to contact Apollo so no matter what he saw, no matter what he senses he is going to say he met Apollo and nothing is going to change that. I believe this because it's clear he is unopen to any idea other than Apollo being his Spirit Guide which to me sounds extremely egotistical.

Well, Apollo is also a god of ego

Mouseyface, from your posts it does sound to me as if you would greatly benefit from Apollonian practices (self-empowerment, discernment of truth, creative expression, and all that.)
Old 22-01-2013, 05:14 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm not offended, I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't on the offense

Well, Apollo is also a god of ego

Mouseyface, from your posts it does sound to me as if you would greatly benefit from Apollonian practices (self-empowerment, discernment of truth, creative expression, and all that.)

I hate to seem like we're ganging up on Mousey honestly but I agree with you completely Albalida. I couldn't even begin to tell the stories I have that could be contorted into anything I want and I could of been in direct contact with the most powerful angel Metatron if that is what I desired and I thought that would be beneficial in anyway. But in my opinion anything a spirit tells you, anything you sense has to be questioned and has to be approached from a grounded and realistic view. Otherwise we will get so lost in our own thoughts and desires that there will never be anyway to discern spirit from God, God from Angel, Angel from Demon. Someone who believes the first thing they see or are told is going to be ran for a loop eventually. The astral is fool of trickery, smoke, and mirrors and if you don't keep your logical mind doing the processing you are going to end up in some place you likely won't find appealing. In a lucid dream a week ago a group of spirits kidnapped me and took me to their home. We got out of their vehicle and they said to me "welcome to paradise!" I replied "I'll be the judge of that." That illustrates a healthy perspective when dealing with spiritual experiences. Otherwise I could of created a post about how I visited paradise and I am so special because I have been to paradise! But the truth is that there will never be anyway to know if what I visited was paradise or if mousey's "God Guide" is Apollo, never. But we are all allowed to believe whatever we wish no matter how perilous that belief can end up being.