Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 17-09-2011, 02:04 PM
LightFilledHeart

Hedgwichery

Just posted part III of our own Norseman's four-part series on Hedgwitchery and the evolution of sprititual practices. Don't miss it!!! Part III of Hedgewitch! http://insightsandcontemplation.wordpress.com/ by Norseman!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Moonkissed ☽O☾ Wolf

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Just posted part III of our own Norseman's four-part series on Hedgwitchery and the evolution of sprititual practices. Don't miss it!!! Part III of Hedgewitch! by Norseman!

Oh lovely, thank you! Bookmarking the blog ;) Hedgewitchery is the path I'm wanting to follow, but I have MUCH more work to do.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Quintessence

Hmm. I could probably be classified as a Hedge Witch, but I'm not a big fan of labeling myself that specifically. Particularly when I see so many different definitions of "Hedge Witch" floating around.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:19 AM
nightowl

Interesting read...
Old 05-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Hmm. I could probably be classified as a Hedge Witch, but I'm not a big fan of labeling myself that specifically. Particularly when I see so many different definitions of "Hedge Witch" floating around.

Quint - that is a strength of the Hedge Witch path. Very individualistic, a mix of Old-School witchcraft, nature-loving, healing, European shamanic practices, herb lore, plus whatever strikes your fancy.
Cunning Folk in a modern setting !
Old 05-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Quint - that is a strength of the Hedge Witch path. Very individualistic, a mix of Old-School witchcraft, nature-loving, healing, European shamanic practices, herb lore, plus whatever strikes your fancy.
Cunning Folk in a modern setting !

Some people's descriptions of "Green Witch" fit me well also. Arg... labels. I just do my thing and don't worry about them. Though it makes for some awkwardness when people ask, "so... you're Neopagan. What kind?"

There don't seem to be as many resources out there for either Green Witchcraft or Hedge Witchcraft. Are there any you're familiar with that perhaps I've missed noticing?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Moonkissed ☽O☾ Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Some people's descriptions of "Green Witch" fit me well also. Arg... labels. I just do my thing and don't worry about them. Though it makes for some awkwardness when people ask, "so... you're Neopagan. What kind?"

There don't seem to be as many resources out there for either Green Witchcraft or Hedge Witchcraft. Are there any you're familiar with that perhaps I've missed noticing?

Good point. Ann Moura has some Green Witchcraft books. I love them! Basically from what I understand, it's just more earth-based than regular witchcraft?? I consider myself on THAT path, but not Hedgewitch because I don't "travel along the hedges" of the other realms just yet. Hedgewitches travel to other realms to seek things to help others here in this one. That's what I've come to understand anyway.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Master
"There don't seem to be as many resources out there for either Green Witchcraft or Hedge Witchcraft."

Not sure what you mean there, Quint. What resources are you missing ?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Quintessence

Oh, I'm a bookworm. I was speaking of books. Even if I disagree with what is said in them, I learn something from that disagreement.

Though honestly, I have gotten tired of reading just about everything in the New Age section lately. Too many of the works don't have the sort of substance I'm looking for. Instead I end up reading academic studies on magic and Paganism, which is dense enough to please me.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Master
Ah, books ! To be honest there are no books of any merit or teachers. Hedge Witch ,or to use the old name, Cunning Folk, is about experience, more emotions less than learning. It's about becoming part of the Land on a deep emotional level. Experiencing the way your Land works - the flora and fauna, the weather patterns, the geology, the history, the rivers and streams and springs, and [most importantly] the places of power. I have wandered my Land for about 50 years and I still learn more every day. I am a servant of the Land, not it's master.