Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 23-06-2014, 01:31 AM
Master
That's sad mogenblue!! That's why I don't want to eat meat, I don't want to support the killings of animals anymore for our own consumption. People can survive without eating meat. I mean it does taste good and that's why its so hard to stop eating it, that's going to be a temptation for me specially since the rest of my family eat meat. But I know its going to benefit my body.
Old 23-06-2014, 02:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
Here in Holland we hear that the beaks of chickens are cut

The point of the beak is clipped when a chicken is less than a day old to prevent the birds from harming each other. They don't cut off the beak; that's not conducive to feeding.

Quote:
off and live stock is injected with a cocktail of anti-biotics to prevent them from getting ill. But those anti-biotic cocktails make virusses immune in the long run so hospitals have an increasing problem of providing patients with effective anti-biotics. Stuff like that.

Documentary makers are also not allowed in all places where they keep pigs. Farmers won't allow that.... Makes you wonder what they have to hide.

And when some contagious disease breaks out complete farms are wiped out for miles around. All the live stock is destroyed to prevent the disease from spreading.

That's the kind of stuff we are used to overhere.

That's industry practice, and I'm pretty sure a place like Holland would be regarded to have 'high' industry standards. People want cheap, so the farmer has to be 'efficient'.
Old 23-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Master
don't eat lots of fish though, Letterman - Jeremy Piven's Fish Story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tI2OI0fK_A

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 23-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
That's industry practice, and I'm pretty sure a place like Holland would be regarded to have 'high' industry standards. People want cheap, so the farmer has to be 'efficient'.

Yes, we do have high standards, but we don't live up to them. The Netherlands is the most polluted country of Europe. This is caused by the bio industry. A report on climate, environment and nature was published by the Natuur en Milieu organization in October 2011. Holland was compared with other European member states and it showed that in spite of being among the richest countries in Europe we protect our habitat much less then other countries. The Economist published an article about it: Dirty dikes .

Our minister of Health, Welfare and Sport, Edith Schippers, requested special attention for fighting antimicrobial resistance because drug-resistant bacteria are spreading in Europe.
There is more to be found when you search for drug-resistant bacteria.

We have rules for everything and anything but we don't enforce them. This is caused by budget cuts in the past. Years ago our government decided to leave it up to the industry to regulate itself because we were forced to cut on budgets. It was believed that the industry would hold up to our standards but obviously that was an illusion.

A few months ago a report was published that showed dramatic situations in the meat processing industry. Disqualified meat that was transported over vague routes to be relabeled as proper meat. Meat infected with poop bacteria that ended up in our food chain. And lots of more things that I have forgotten about. Things like that are very common overhere but people just continue to eat meat. Appareantly they don't want hear or know about it because whatever happens, economy goes first and we will have our piece of meat on our plate every evening no matter what the cost may be...
Old 23-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyheaven1979
That's sad mogenblue!! That's why I don't want to eat meat, I don't want to support the killings of animals anymore for our own consumption. People can survive without eating meat. I mean it does taste good and that's why its so hard to stop eating it, that's going to be a temptation for me specially since the rest of my family eat meat. But I know its going to benefit my body.

I agree it does taste good. I distinctly remember years ago eating a delicious greasy saucage with fried onions on a streetmarket. It doesn't have to be expensive to taste good. When I broke up with meat I did have some difficult months like when I passed a butchery and saw all that delicious meat displayed, waiting to find it's way to my watering mouth............
I didn't give in. I knew it was better for my health and I was determined to get away from that annoying feel of hunger that constantly was inside me. Now I am glad I persisted. I really feel much better now. My body is at peace. Losing weight is much easier, life is even cheaper without meat. Much cheaper.

They can do all sorts of delicious things with meat. Things that really make your mouth water when you see it. But if people would shift their focus, shift their attention to meat alternatives they will find that just as delicious things can be done with plant based alternatives.
I am not going back down that road anymore. My health is too important for me. That is a very selfish but nevertheless very sound reason. My health improved a lot since I skipped meat and dairy.
And the situation with livestock is just spiralling out of control if you ask me.

To be honest: gaining weight is still as easy as ever. Rum and whisky are also vegan products you know... And there are about 1200 different whiskies on the planet. That is a long long way to go for me..... :)))))
But then again, we are part of an expanding universe. So basically it's a cosmic attitude.
So my vegan diet is therefore even more important for me.
Old 24-06-2014, 01:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
don't eat lots of fish though, Letterman - Jeremy Piven's Fish Story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tI2OI0fK_A

I do know that eating a lot of fish is not healthy either cause of the mercury. But what's healthy to eat?, I mean vegetables and fruits are contaminated with pesticides and I can go on and on with every food that's contaminated. There's always something, I'm just trying to at least eat what's a bit better. I guess!
Old 24-06-2014, 05:19 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyheaven1979
There's always something

Too many nuts and oils make you fat as well.
Chocolate, cookies, applie pie, muffins. Enough temptations for a convinced vegan to go astray.
Old 25-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Master
Hey Mogenblue!! I know what you mean, I have already seen some improvements in my body after not eating meat and dairy for 2 weeks already! There are a lot of type of foods that I like and have no meat. My favorite dishes have fish in it! :) I'm a cookie junkie too, I love cookies! and other sweets!! Even thou they are very fattening cause of the sugar content, but I don't care, I couldn't stop eating them. I work out so a little bit of sugar wont harm me. I do know that Rum and whisky well alcohol overall can make you gain weight and are very bad for your liver too if you drink a lot! lol I don't think a little bit won't harm you thou! Cheers!
Old 25-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Experiencer
Cheers buddy

You don't have to change everything overnight. It doesn't even work that way. Everything goes step by step. Alcohol in moderation is great. I keep tight track of my weight and I exercise too. So when things get too much the cap goes on the bottle until my weight is under control again.

There is so much to enjoy. Just walk through the isles of your local supermarket and you are bombarded with all kinds of sweets, cakes and what not.
Overhere in Amsterdam there is a fastfood restaurant or food store at least every 50 yards. And the smell that comes out of those places...
I'm just human you know. I think I am doing great. Last month I lost 5,5 kg in one month. Last year it took me more then three months for that. So things do improve overtime. It just takes time.

My body keeps surprising me all the time.
Old 26-06-2014, 01:35 AM
Master
That's awesome that your losing weight mogenblue!! That's what's good about not eating meat and dairy. I have seen that I have lost some weight already. The only thing is that I been feeling a little weak and I don't know if that's normal?