Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 18-07-2023, 10:15 AM
Master
There are ways of doing things though that don't cause too much disruption,we just accepted the combustion engine but the negatives of mass car use is hard to deal with now,we are seeing problems with daft modern farming that we are not dealing with properly,we are then burying or creating problems for the future like animal waste or nuclear,we are not adapting to these things we are just burying spent nuclear hoping that our childrens children will know what to do with it,what a legacy.
Old 18-07-2023, 12:28 PM
Master
Not sure what you’re battling against, Pod…

Worldwide, meat production/consumption, is the biggest contributor to deforestation, soil depletion, species’ extinction, and also a major contributor to climate change, We can do things differently, and it starts with alternatives and/or certainly limiting intake of animal food.
Old 18-07-2023, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Not sure what you’re battling against, Pod…

Worldwide, meat production/consumption, is the biggest contributor to deforestation, soil depletion, species’ extinction, and also a major contributor to climate change, We can do things differently, and it starts with alternatives and/or certainly limiting intake of animal food.
Yes there are plenty/enough of alternatives already. We can also farm properly just like we have done for thousands of years if people want meat.These types of things are novelties that appeal to us and make money for the few. Not needed.
Old 20-07-2023, 08:52 AM
Master
We are in the billions. The land we have available for farming worldwide is pretty small. Wasting the majority of that land for growing crops for (mostly) cows is seriously wasteful. Beef and dairy are some of the worst offenders and biggest environmental culprits.

A world without cows would be a better one.
Old 20-07-2023, 08:54 AM
Master

..... But what about milk ?

....unless of course we all learn how to milk nuts .
Old 20-07-2023, 11:26 AM
Master

Because it's not what we need, but it's how we treat and address those needs .
And we DO need cows.
Old 20-07-2023, 12:45 PM
Master
Can you imagine how many nut trees one could grow where cows and sheep and goats forage just now?

And if we just keep a few, and allow raw milk and raw milk cheeses that would be great.
Old 20-07-2023, 12:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Can you imagine how many nut trees one could grow where cows and sheep and goats forage just now?

And if we just keep a few, and allow raw milk and raw milk cheeses that would be great.
Can you make cheeses and milk from nuts ???
Old 20-07-2023, 12:56 PM
Master
Sure you can. It is a different process and the result most likely is not what you are used to, but for many it is cheese or a valid substitute.
Old 20-07-2023, 01:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
That's the idea we don't need gallons and gallons of inferior milk, lots of which gets poured away.

I keep posting this in the hope that someone will read it one day!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-dairy-farming

The milk taste test: Can our experts tell the difference?
We asked our panel of experts to compare the Hare Krishna milk with the supermarket version
Sam Clark (chef, Moro restaurant, north London)

Looking at both of these, the colour is hugely different, and tells a big story without even tasting them. You can also see that one of the milks has a much better viscosity. One tastes like a very ordinary low-grade milk; you can feel that the cow didn't go to a lot of effort for that, it's probably over-milked.

The other one tastes like a meal in itself. You really feel it's got a lot of goodness, it tastes three times more concentrated, there's not just a marginal difference here. The flavour lasts for a long time, it doesn't just disappear. People are so used to drinking thin, high-volume milk that they might find it difficult to drink this, they might find it too strong. It's sad that we're so used to a watered-down version.

We make all our own cheese and yoghurt here at Moro, and of course I'd love to use milk like this to produce it. You can tell it'd make a great cheese or yoghurt. I wish my kids could drink this. It tastes like you're on a farm. The flavour is very complex and really stays with you. There's no comparison. This is the real thing.

Rosie Sykes (chef and author)

Number two [the Hare Krishna milk] was much richer and more delicious and generally lovelier. It had an amazing silky texture. I've never drunk milk like that before. It even moved in a different way; it seemed very rich. I could imagine that making anything with it would improve it so much. If you made a white sauce or a custard with that it would be incredible. It was almost like cream, it was so rich. When I first opened it I actually wondered if it was all right, because it almost smelt like it was raw; not cheesy but more smelly than ordinary milk. You can't really smell shop-bought milk unless it's gone bad, but this had a definite smell. Once I tried it I realised it was fine, and instantly thought, my god, it's incredible.

I knew the other milk was normal milk as it seemed thin and lighter and bubbly.

John Vidal (Guardian environment editor)

Oooh it's creamy! It's rich! Mmmmmm! It's delicious! The other one is beige and bland. It's like a Stilton compared with Dairylea.

Interviews by Kate Abbott

Imagine if we had lots of these types of farms locally, even if they invested to crerate a top end foodstuff, people would pay.