Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 04-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Experiencer

Thanks for these posts, Likes2Read. I love them! I am listening to your sound file right now.

Thanks, too, for posting on my thread about cleaning stones.

After reading one of your posts the other day (maybe here on this thread? I'm not sure...I'm easily disoriented) I went to youTube and played a video for 528 hz. I put my fluorite on the computer and they loved it. Then, I also found, from the youTube video, a place that sold the sound file for less than two bucks I think it was. So I downloaded that and played it continuously, and I did feel pretty wonderful. But I didn't put two and two together and realize I could cleanse all my stones this way.

I don't have a cell phone but the computer works great.

I think I will invest in a tuning fork, though, so, like you, I won't have to depend on the computer. A tuning fork is more portable, too.

My sister has lots of trouble with smoke, so she won't use sage. This will work very well.

I can't thank you enough.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:21 AM
Experiencer

Wait. So playing 528 hz BOTH cleanses AND charges? Right? I did feel pretty charged myself.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:59 AM
Likes2Read

My latest adventure happened today, when I received an order from sound healer Jonathan Goldman. He writes music that contains healing, chakra-balancing, and reiki tones. My purchase allowed for an online download PLUS CDs of the music, so I've been listening to the music already, but it's still nice to have a hard copy of it.

The purchase also included a tuning fork that resonates with the pineal gland, which connects to both the Third Eye and Crown Chakras. And it was going to include an "activator". Well, I thought that was interesting, and wondered what an activator was. I mean, I knew that it was going to be round and flat, and that it was for striking the tuning fork against. But I wondered what it would be made of, would it be hollow, etc.

Well, what was the activator? A HOCKEY PUCK. It has Jonathan Goldman's site's logo on it, but it is an InGlasCo official hockey puck, made in Slovakia. I darn near fell on the floor laughing. I'm a major hockey fan and I've got a houseful of pucks already. This, however, is my first METAPHYSICAL puck. ;)

This isn't even the first time I've seen a real hockey puck repurposed for some other task. As a jewelry-making wire artist, I know that there are times when hammering the wire will help to work-harden it and make the pattern stronger. I saw something described as a "hockey puck anvil" on one of my jewelry supply sites as a surface for hammering wire items. It was reasonably-priced, so I ordered it, and discovered that they LITERALLY meant "hockey puck". That was the source of another laughing fit on my part (not to mention, I dug up one of my black practice-used pucks and added THAT to my jewelry-making tools, as well).

So now I have THREE hockey pucks in my studio, none of which are going to be seeing any ice time any time soon. LOL. Two are for jewelry-making and the third goes with my sound-healing tuning forks and chimes.

And the pineal tuning fork works great, but I was glad I was relatively well-grounded before trying it out. I can see where someone would start to go all spacey if they boost their Third Eye and Crown Chakras a whole lot without having been grounded.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:04 AM
Likes2Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
Wait. So playing 528 hz BOTH cleanses AND charges? Right? I did feel pretty charged myself.
Yes. It's actually acknowledged as a healing tone. I know my stones love it, especially the Fluorites.

I discovered it when I downloaded a Chakra tone app and there happened to be a frequency called "Cleanse" that felt really nice. I used a musical tuner app on another device to determine what the frequency was, and did some googling to find out more about it. And boy, did I find material, lol. There's a lot more material about that frequency than I ever expected to see.

This is how I got into learning about sound healing. One thing led to another and there's a lot of interesting information to read, and tones to listen to. The good news is that thanks to the internet, you can "try before you buy", and find examples of various healing tones. Then you will have an idea if you want to invest in something that produces those tones.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2Read
My latest adventure happened today, when I received an order from sound healer Jonathan Goldman. He writes music that contains healing, chakra-balancing, and reiki tones. My purchase allowed for an online download PLUS CDs of the music, so I've been listening to the music already, but it's still nice to have a hard copy of it.

The purchase also included a tuning fork that resonates with the pineal gland, which connects to both the Third Eye and Crown Chakras. And it was going to include an "activator". Well, I thought that was interesting, and wondered what an activator was. I mean, I knew that it was going to be round and flat, and that it was for striking the tuning fork against. But I wondered what it would be made of, would it be hollow, etc.

Well, what was the activator? A HOCKEY PUCK. It has Jonathan Goldman's site's logo on it, but it is an InGlasCo official hockey puck, made in Slovakia. I darn near fell on the floor laughing. I'm a major hockey fan and I've got a houseful of pucks already. This, however, is my first METAPHYSICAL puck. ;)

This isn't even the first time I've seen a real hockey puck repurposed for some other task. As a jewelry-making wire artist, I know that there are times when hammering the wire will help to work-harden it and make the pattern stronger. I saw something described as a "hockey puck anvil" on one of my jewelry supply sites as a surface for hammering wire items. It was reasonably-priced, so I ordered it, and discovered that they LITERALLY meant "hockey puck". That was the source of another laughing fit on my part (not to mention, I dug up one of my black practice-used pucks and added THAT to my jewelry-making tools, as well).

So now I have THREE hockey pucks in my studio, none of which are going to be seeing any ice time any time soon. LOL. Two are for jewelry-making and the third goes with my sound-healing tuning forks and chimes.

And the pineal tuning fork works great, but I was glad I was relatively well-grounded before trying it out. I can see where someone would start to go all spacey if they boost their Third Eye and Crown Chakras a whole lot without having been grounded.

That hockey puck stuff is hilarious! Ha ha ha! It seems every where you turn you run into them. Thanks for sharing these stories. Ha ha ha!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Experiencer

Okay Likes2Read. My 528 hz tuning fork came today. Do you strike the fork and put the stem on the stone, or do you strike the fork and just sweep it around the stones to clean and charge them? And how long is long enough? How many times do you strike the fork for each stone you want to cleanse and charge? Sorry if these are bad questions, but I just don't know! I don't have an intuitive sense about it. Thanks for your response!
Old 14-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Likes2Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
Okay Likes2Read. My 528 hz tuning fork came today. Do you strike the fork and put the stem on the stone, or do you strike the fork and just sweep it around the stones to clean and charge them? And how long is long enough? How many times do you strike the fork for each stone you want to cleanse and charge? Sorry if these are bad questions, but I just don't know! I don't have an intuitive sense about it. Thanks for your response!
I kind of worked it out via trial-and-error. Since 3 and 8 are both considered mystical or lucky numbers, sometimes I sound the tuning fork three times, sometimes eight. If I feel like the stone needs more energy after that, I'll sound the fork again.

I happened to get a tuning fork that came with a resonator.

The box has one closed end and one open end, and the sound is amplified coming out of the open end.

So my own answer is, "I aim the open end of the resonance box at the stones, or put them IN the resonance box."

Before I got the tuning fork with the resonator, however, I held the tines of the fork above the stones. You could also place the tip of the stem so that it touches the stone. Sound the fork and hold it at all different angles, and you'll see that the sound is louder from some angles than from others. That should help you decide how to orient the tuning fork to project the sound in the desired direction.

To reproduce the amplification that comes from the resonance box, press the tip of the stem against something solid like a tabletop. You'll hear the tone a lot more clearly. Be sure not to touch the two tines of the fork, as that's where the sound is coming from, and anything that dampens those vibrations will stifle the sound.

Basically, anything that allows the sound coming from the fork, plus your intention, to reach the stone (or whatever else you are cleansing) is a good thing. Jonathan Goldman's equation is "Frequency + intent = healing".

Have fun! :)
Old 14-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for the reply, Likes2Read. Very helpful.
Old 20-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Likes2Read

The latest...

I have listed in this thread some frequencies that resonate with our seven main Chakras, ones that are calculated based on values like planetary, solar, and lunar cycles. These are not tones that will be found on a piano keyboard; however, chimes and tuning forks have been created to produce these tones. There are also videos on Youtube (at least one of which is linked in this thread) that play back these tones.

However, there is a different system of tones matched to Chakras that IS easily replicated by a piano or any Western musical instrument.

C - Root
D - Sacral
E - Solar Plexus
F - Heart
G - Throat
A - Third Eye
B - Crown

If you are interested in using tones to clear and brighten your Chakras, and you haven't got ready access to the planetary tones posted elsewhere in this thread, it should be easy to replicate the musical pitches listed above with any musical instrument or music-producing app.

This leads me to the reason for this post. I have not got large amounts of spare funds to work with, and I have already invested in tuning forks and chimes to replicate the planetary tones mentioned above. My research into sound therapy keeps bringing me to sets of tuning forks that replicate C through B, but I haven't got funds right now to run out and get seven more tuning forks. So I have wondered what to do.

Then I ran across a tuning fork that is adjustable. The website of one of the people who have written about sound therapy, Francine Milford, has got a lot of sound therapy items for sale, including her books and about a zillion tuning forks and sets. She has got an adjustable weighted tuning fork that when you move the position of the weights, you change the tone of the tuning fork. It can be made to replicate ALL seven tones (C through B), and it only costs the price of ONE normal tuning fork.

So I set some funds aside and placed that order. My adjustable fork arrived today. So I did a nice little Chakra tuneup with it. As usual, the cats were parked outside the studio when I finished, and my dog had migrated from her regular daytime nap spot on the sofa to her dog bed where she spends the night, which is at the foot of the stairs. She doesn't normally use her dog bed during the day. She's tiny and elderly and doesn't like to climb the stairs, so she curled up in the closest cozy place to the studio, which is right at the top of the stairs.

Those critters seriously love their Chakra tones, both the planetary ones and the Western-music ones. Now I'm REALLY going to make them happy, and play an album of Reiki-infused music (by Jonathan Goldman, another person who teaches about sound therapy).
Old 21-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Master

Thanks for posting this:)