Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-02-2024, 08:03 AM
Master
@ Starman ~ a true non-dual immersion obviously cannot have ego-identity. In fact, ego ‘falls off’ before we see light of Self in singularity.

Sometimes what is casually termed as a oneness experience is not really that but interconnectedness. For example, we enter the dark void of no-thingness. It is wonderful but we are there as formless presence and can possibly communicate therein with God or our master/ guide. So, duality, where we are connected with the universe but it is not a singularity.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:12 AM
Master
Amazing how you mention singularity, which is the essence of concentration. Good night all.
Old 02-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Master

Thank you Starman for those ideas. I love to try something different.
Old 02-02-2024, 05:02 PM
Master
We live and have our being in an ocean of vibration, and actually we ourselves are a vibration, a very fine and subtle vibration at our core. Vibratory attunement, or vibratory at-one-ment, can explain all of the experiences which we have had or ever will have.

“Everything is in motion, everything vibrates,“ this is the Third Hermetic Principle. In duality, or creation, vibration is called by many names. Our mental and emotional states are vibrations, as is our own physical body. Vibrations alternate between two poles; opposites are identical in nature but different in degree. The quality of a vibration changes depending on its polarity.

With concentration we can change our vibration, but our vibration also changes automatically with the foods we eat, how or what we think about, the words we speak, such as changing our vibration with affirmations, and our actions also can automatically change our vibration.

So we can consciously or unconsciously attune to various frequencies of vibration. There are coarse vibrations and also very fine vibrations, some so fine that they feel like nothing to the mind; because the mind itself is a certain quality of vibration. Vibration is sound; sound is another word for vibration.

Sound is the primordial substance of creation, all things are born in sound and all things dissolve in silence. Many yogis emulate that primordial sound by chanting the word “Om,” scientists call the primordial sound “the big bang,” and Sufi’s dance with their whirling dervishes to emulate the beginning of whirling sound which in metaphysics is said was the beginning of creation.

We are as a tuning fork or radio sampling various frequencies, as said earlier, some are doing it consciously while others are doing it unconsciously. Concentration is how we might sample a different frequency. Human beings put names on the surface results of vibratory activity but below the surface the essence of that vibratory activity may be revealed.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:03 PM
Master
Religions often talk about atonement, atoning for our “sins,” etc. Vibratory attunement and spiritual atonement are one and the same thing. We atone by attuning to different, finer and more similar vibrations to our own vibratory core. This may be done through prayer and meditation.

Concentration is as a road, a path, which we can travel into greater and finer vibratory frequencies. We all travel vibratory roads or paths, in my opinion. The great work of humanity is self transformation and that is done via vibratory transmutation, or tuning to finer frequencies.

A person can also tune to very coarse and prickly frequencies; which many may call “bad.“ Most people tune to those frequencies unconsciously. But we can also attune our consciousness to higher or greater vistas of awareness. All spiritual powers, abilities, or talents, emanate from a single power that manifests as radiant vibratory conscious energy. All emanates from one.

We are agents of the one being and can become co-administrators by placing ourselves in harmony with cosmic principles. In Esoteric Psychology it is said that the basic patterns of human personality are composed of vibrations peculiar to ones’ level of mental, emotional, and spiritual development. But through vibratory attunement we can upgrade our personality.
Old 02-02-2024, 10:30 PM
Master
Of the billions of snowflakes that fall in a storm no two are exactly alike, but everyone is patterned on the six sided hexagram. Each is unique yet conforms to the same basic shape. It is similar in the human state of being.

In spite of the great diversity and seemingly chaos in this world there is an underlying order and a controlling intelligence in which each entity is an essential part of one wholeness; in my opinion.

This wholeness, which is everything seen or unseen, can be looked upon as a great pulsating energy field in which we live and move and have our being. If we widen our view we can see this wholeness.

Some call it “GOD,” or nature, or the universe, but it is beyond words, thoughts, and labels. Yet it possess an unfathomable intelligence. And that unfathomable intelligence has also been placed within us. We have access to it.

We are as a seed planted here growing ourselves, or being grown by the one being; spurred on to do such by love or interest in discovering who, or what, we are. We have many tools in this quest; concentration is but one such tool.

I was once literally afraid of my own shadow. I was like a leaf shaking on a tree being blown about by the wind. But with the unfolding of self I came to realize that I was the tree, and all of the leaves shook and were being blown about within me. Still, a perfect order and intelligence was behind the seemingly chaos.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 03-02-2024, 06:35 AM
Master

Thank you Starman, I really really enjoyed your comments! Made total sense to me.
Old 08-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Knower

I think that the vibrations have to go along with our soul, otherwise I think they are useless, empty of quality...

(I define the soul as a flame in our centre)

(a flame that ceases when we die....)
Old 08-02-2024, 11:07 PM
Master

nothing makes much sense, if i am just going through the motions.

For me that often means, trying not to grab at stuff I don't want, just because I hear it is desirable...
Old 27-02-2024, 06:01 AM
Master
For me there is no such thing as being able to concentrate enough. Concentration, or a very keen focus, can being intelligence and insights. Concentration is a bridge or stream of consciousness.

I concentrate on silence and silence opens to me to reveal itself as something as much more than just a quiet presence. Our concentration can be so intense that it pierces physical reality, as mentioned previously, this is what the experience of Samadhi is all about.

Just about every mistake, or hurtful experience, which I have had in my life was largely due to a lack of awareness, a lack of focus or concentration. Accidents happened because I did not see them coming. Concentration can expand awareness, and do a lot more than that.