Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-03-2018, 12:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
How does eternal death work?
As in nature and in the universe we see that everything breaks down to be recycled.

I want to a recycling plant a few times where before anything is made into something new it sterilized, the parts are seperated and it is broken down into its original form.

Non of that matter can really die because each of its smallest parts always have and always will exist in some way.

Sand becomes glass... glass can be crushed back to sand but each particle of sand remains.

If the earth was to blow up - lol (sorry that made me laugh for some reason, I was picturing Mike Myres as Dr Evil trying to blow the earth up) all the matter which makes the earth would be spread out into the universe... and potentially, eventually all the matter will make other formations.

My point is that I don't understand how hell can be NOTHING. Because everything which exists has always existed.

Unless hell is what was around before the universes big bang event? The empty space- the canvas of
Black space??!
Is Nothing just empty space... and if so how does one make something nothing?!! I see no examples in nature... And for us to go to nothingness there would then be something in nothing.
It seems like nothing is a place which awaits something.
A am genuinely curious I am.

My church also thought that Hell was a nowhere place...
As in eternal nothingness.

So there is a reason I am here. My roots are Christian and my entire spiritual awakening was influenced by the symbols contained in Christianity.

death works like this: you choose to make the choice to never again have to choose. But it mostly isn't allowed.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:40 AM
Master
Try reading this on death, Hell and Gods love.

https://preachersinstitute.com/2011/...odox-approach/

When we see the world as an end in itself, everything in itself becomes a value and consequently loses all value, because only in God is found the meaning (value) of everything, and the world is meaningful only when it is the “sacrament” of God’s presence. Things treated merely as things in themselves destroy themselves because only in God have they any life. The world of nature, cut off from the source of life, is a dying world. For one who thinks food in itself is the source of life, eating is communion with the dying world, it is communion with death. Food itself is dead, it is life that has died and it must be kept in refrigerators like a corpse.

Hell is simply our inability to accept Gods divine love.

There is no place that is a true void? Why, because God is everywhere.... and the source of your hell in the end. That being what divine love is.

Eventually we get it.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Whoops... I somehow got all muddled... that post was meant to be in the 'Jesus warned all thread'...
Talking about Hades and Hell and nothingness!
I posted in the wrong thread.

Thanks for the responses reguardless of my little misplaced post!
Old 09-03-2018, 09:49 AM
boshy b. good

It's up to us to be conmoved by outpost of His NewTestament.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Is Nothing just empty space... and if so how does one make something nothing?!! I see no examples in nature... And for us to go to nothingness there would then be something in nothing.

Hi Emerald,
ah, this is something I thought about a lot once!
It seems to me humans imagine 'nothing' to be the default state of things and wonder how something came from nothing.
The other way round makes far more sense
That 'everything' is the default and empty space is the creation, and it's not even empty. Science tells us even a vacuum is alive with quantum fluctuations and stuff going on
It's strange how physically our bodies we came from something through conception, spiritually for sure but inbuilt into our minds we think nothing is the default state
if this isn't some evolutionary thing, where maybe ancient people thought the other way, but hard wired it could point to God's need to hide from us in this remotest place. did we chose to come here, because only here can we find the most intimate union by entering in the place of most separation. submitting to our memory erased, risking everything...even our souls, to get closer
Old 09-03-2018, 08:25 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
How does eternal death work?
As in nature and in the universe we see that everything breaks down to be recycled.

I want to a recycling plant a few times where before anything is made into something new it sterilized, the parts are seperated and it is broken down into its original form.

Non of that matter can really die because each of its smallest parts always have and always will exist in some way.

Sand becomes glass... glass can be crushed back to sand but each particle of sand remains.

If the earth was to blow up - lol (sorry that made me laugh for some reason, I was picturing Mike Myres as Dr Evil trying to blow the earth up) all the matter which makes the earth would be spread out into the universe... and potentially, eventually all the matter will make other formations.

My point is that I don't understand how hell can be NOTHING. Because everything which exists has always existed.

Unless hell is what was around before the universes big bang event? The empty space- the canvas of
Black space??!

My church also thought that Hell was a nowhere place...
As in eternal nothingness.

So there is a reason I am here. My roots are Christian and my entire spiritual awakening was influenced by the symbols contained in Christianity.

From the beginning of man--all not living now have died. This is the first death, it is not permanent--There is a ressurection promised-- Those that fail entrance into Gods kingdom go into the lake of fire= the second death--this is permanent.= everlasting.
The teachings in the NT of a place of eternal torment is symbolic. for the following.

Every one thrown into the lake of fire will miss each new dawning day in Gods kingdom and be cut off from Gods love--that will never end. Its likened to eternal suffering.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
From the beginning of man--all not living now have died. This is the first death, it is not permanent--There is a ressurection promised-- Those that fail entrance into Gods kingdom go into the lake of fire= the second death--this is permanent.= everlasting.
The teachings in the NT of a place of eternal torment is symbolic. for the following.

Every one thrown into the lake of fire will miss each new dawning day in Gods kingdom and be cut off from Gods love--that will never end. Its likened to eternal suffering.

Ok. Thanks for that I understand the context now... slightly different from my childhood churches teachings-
Fire has often been referred to as a purifying force before. My feelings were that the lake of fire may symbolise a purifying force for souls.
When being baptised in fire in my spiritual experience... it was a purifying force.
Fire has been used in my country for thousands of years as a regenerative force.
As it was also probably used in agriculture during the time revelations was written.
So I wonder if this lake of fire is also more a renewing, purifying force for souls?
Perhaps eternity means that the purifying force is eternal??
Once the soul has been thrown under the bus and into the lake of fire they are eternally purified... Lol... I live in hope - for all my brothers and sisters.

It is difficult to fathom so many souls being eternally burned though - that would create alot of pollution for new earth just kidding.

In seriousness though I find it very sad to think all my brothers and sisters might burn forever. I suppose that is why there is motivation to try and save souls if this is ones belief.
For me though the thought translates into making me want to send a great burst of love energy out instead.
What happens to souls on earth (such as my own) which find God's love, grace and peace within this lifetime on earth even if they are not Christian's?... I believe in Jesus and even feel his love in my heart but I am not anything religious wise (I used to be a christian and I still draw spiritual richness from my Christian roots).
Pretty much everyone I know in my social circle also in this category are atheists but they all appear to be living with the spirit of love- God - at home with the spirit.... it seems quite a terrible waste to burn those souls... they would have so much to share in God's kingdom.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Hi Emerald,
ah, this is something I thought about a lot once!
It seems to me humans imagine 'nothing' to be the default state of things and wonder how something came from nothing.
The other way round makes far more sense
That 'everything' is the default and empty space is the creation, and it's not even empty. Science tells us even a vacuum is alive with quantum fluctuations and stuff going on
It's strange how physically our bodies we came from something through conception, spiritually for sure but inbuilt into our minds we think nothing is the default state
if this isn't some evolutionary thing, where maybe ancient people thought the other way, but hard wired it could point to God's need to hide from us in this remotest place. did we chose to come here, because only here can we find the most intimate union by entering in the place of most separation. submitting to our memory erased, risking everything...even our souls, to get closer

Thanks DavidMartin - I quite enjoy your posts and sharing.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:22 AM
Master

enjoy your posts too Emerald keep 'em coming + any visionary stuff. I've been dry of any of that for last six months including dreams so I need a fix!

The only dream I had recently was I had a stash of treasure containing golden objects like eggs. I took one to a Jeweller to get some money and he told me it was worthless, I looked and sure enough it was made of cheap plastic! I went back and took another one and this one was real, gave it to a girl I know as a gift and she just threw it away without looking at it
it's tempting to think I'm not going to get any major breaks

the girl in question is a Christian I'm attempting to lead away from certain preachers whose spell she is under. She is besotted and captivated with almost any preacher (she loves Benny Hinn and he's not the worst)
She just needs to trust herself
So maddening as I never met anyone as in love with Jesus before
So far, no luck getting her to gain a bit of independence of thought
Had a row with her over her attending a Don Stewart meeting (sells prayer hankies, lives in a mansion off the miracle seed money from the sick and dying), she listens to freaks like that, but not me. can't figure it out!

I simply commented to her once that Joyce Meyer was annoying and she looked shocked, then agreed yes she is a bit - of course she is! She never shuts up droning on and on about herself for hours on end

I digress
Old 10-03-2018, 05:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Well I think you are doing better than me then. My last vision in dreamspace was fibreglass haha - layers and layers of fibreglass threads.
Great way to get me to sleep - it's like counting sheep except I was counting fibreglass threads

Maybe next time I will see a bag of construction nails or a staple gun or something