Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-05-2017, 08:13 AM
Master
What is, "The Matrix"?

"Time and space are modes in which we think, and not conditions in which we live."
Einstein

"God was manifested in the flesh... "
St. Paul
Timothy 3:1

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 19-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
God is basically unknown , but what else is unknown, is that he wants it that way. Job 36:26 , " God is great, we know him not!" A very short powerful statement. We want to know him, we think we known him , we claim all the time that we know him ; yet here it states that we don't.; and I believe that. I know that I don't know God ; he is a very enigmatic being.

God does not want to be known now.

And that's why we all run around creating our own images of God ; because he has not released his true ways and being.
It's not so much that God is unknown, more like God is unknowable.

You cannot think your way to God, reason your way to God or even believe your way to God - you must love your way to God.

God is unknown to the mind and thus cannot be shown or proven to those who disbelieve. We cannot see God with our eyes - He gives us those eyes with which we can see Him, yet He appears not...with us trying to make some sense of what we understood it was that we 'saw'.

To many who disbelieve, it will be seen as proof that He does not exist...however, God is existence itself. The fish knows aught of the ocean in which it swims, nor do the birds know of the sky in which they fly.

In such a way, man can know nothing of God, only experience the Grace He bestows.
Old 19-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
What is, "The Matrix"?

"Time and space are modes in which we think, and not conditions in which we live."
Einstein

"God was manifested in the flesh... "
St. Paul
Timothy 3:1

Sorry, correction.
Timothy 3:16

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 19-05-2017, 05:55 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Thanks for those fantastic pictures!

I think God will punish, but his punishments are over rated and seriously inflated by men who think they know what their talking about. Such as " Eternal punishing", no matter how small the punishment, to do it to a human forever and ever is insane! Those few places it appears in scripture , I have serious doubts about how it got there.

And the punishments of God are designed to correct the human and change them; not to just hurt them for no meaning.

The teachings in the NT are symbolism for the VALUE of what each one lost who are not allowed to enter Gods kingdom.
As each new dawning day comes those thrown into the lake of fire( destruction) will miss each new day--forever, it never ends. So its likened to be eternal suffering.
Old 19-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
The teachings in the NT are symbolism for the VALUE of what each one lost who are not allowed to enter Gods kingdom.
As each new dawning day comes those thrown into the lake of fire( destruction) will miss each new day--forever, it never ends. So its likened to be eternal suffering.

There is no such thing as eternal suffering; reality has not sunk that low as to enter into endless insanity. A mind that would consider endless punishing must be in misery itself.
Old 21-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Master
Quote:
There is no such thing as eternal suffering; reality has not sunk that low as to enter into endless insanity. A mind that would consider endless punishing must be in misery itself.

Its interesting that we do not know God, but yet some of us would soil his building reputation by claiming he would hurt humans forever. These so called " Biblical experts" , they don't know God but they know what he will do. I could take guesses or create theory about God, and say he will love us all forever, give us all grace forever, or be kind to us all forever, and I think I would be correct, but they are saying things about God that are frightening! Things like "God is only going to save a particular group, or only help so many of us", its like they are attributing human character to God, who is not human. They know that THEY would do these horrible things, so they think God is like them.

We cannot know God by thinking he is like us. His ways are not our ways. We are like God , in that we think; we have a consciousness, and God has that as well. God thinks, we think, that is his image that we are in, but the similarity literally stops there. The" way" God thinks is TOTALLY different than how we think. Notice Isaiah 55:8, " For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and my ways are not like your ways!" We can " Know things that God knows", or be aware of things that God is aware of, Gen. 3:22 " Behold the man has become like one of us , KNOWING good and evil."

So there is our opportunity to know God, How we think; what is between our ears, what we are conscious of. Our thinking is not how God thinks, but its no need to worry about reaching such a high existence, just do what you can. I know that I will never, ever think like God, but I also know that I can think like a child of God! You know, realize my place in reality and be thankful for it.; for life. I can be content in " Knowing" that I am " Like God", just by " Knowing the difference between good and evil." Knowing what each will cause and give birth to. Just knowing that; just making a study of that, and I can be in good company. My consciousness can be parked in a place that will actually lead me to other parking spaces , other things to stop and consider , and have increased wisdom on; wisdom is simply " Knowing how it is!"

I know that I do not know God. I know that and I do not fight it. But I also know that I am able to " Consider God", to meditate on him, or think about him, be conscious of him, or just be aware that he may exist and that the " Great science" on him may well be simply wrong; wrong in their " Guesses" , or theory. I can relax in being sure that I have seen enough in this life to support my guesses, my theory on the existence of God, enough to sedate my questions on the subject , and be convinced that God exist, and yet be hungry for more things to build on my personal conscious awareness of him' to know that he is, and that he is basically unknown to us, but that we can know him, and the ways and means that each of us can know him may vary; but understand that we do not know God! And stop trying to convince the world or ourselves that we do.

You can have friends or family members that you do not really know. You are " Aware of them", have had dealings with them and shared much of your life with them; but they may be in " Closets" that you are not aware of. And you really don't know them. This is how it is with God , notice these 34 biblical verses about God hiding himself;

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/God-Hiding

People are not " Aware" that we are really " Unaware" of God in many areas. We really do not know him, like we could IF he did not have this " Wall" between himself and even those who worship him. But churches have convinced us that we know God, and we will not have it any other way! We refuse to see something that is hard enough to see as it is.

Why would God hide himself, if he wanted everyone to know him now?
Old 21-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Master

Quote:
And that's why we all run around creating our own images of God ; because he has not released his true ways and being.
Maybe God doesn't even know his own true ways and being. That's why he created people in his image so could learn. But now he has all these atheists and new agers ragging on him all the time for the stuff he did in the old testament. He was just doing what he thought was right then. Nobody questioned it at the time, so how was he supposed to know? Those were different times.

It's really hard for him to hear people bad mouthing him all the time. He doesn't need to be reminded of the past, he's trying to get better. I mean he even changed his stance towards homosexuality and no one notices. He should be congratulated on making a lot of positive changes in his life.

Nobody thinks about how he feels and all he's been through. He's trying but it's never good enough. He just wishes someone would see the real him and tell him it's going to be ok. That's what he really wanted when he created us, just someone to love and be loved by. But we're too much like him. He doesn't know whether to be dissapointed in us or maybe it's all his fault.

The only person that he feels like he can be real around is his wild-child brother Satan. He doesn't judge him. But he tells him he should let loose and just act out, go crazy and have fun. But it doesn't feel right to him. He wants something real, but doesn't know what it is. All the praises feel empty, there has to be something more.

Well, after such a long time of living in fear, God is finally in therapy and is getting help. He's really starting to learn about himself and trying to come out of his shell. He's made a big step and is not going to listen to the haters or the worshippers anymore. He's surrounding himself with people that understand him and will support his recovery. Jesus really made him think when he said 'Dad you seem really sad'.
Old 21-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Maybe God doesn't even know his own true ways and being. That's why he created people in his image so could learn. But now he has all these atheists and new agers ragging on him all the time for the stuff he did in the old testament. He was just doing what he thought was right then. Nobody questioned it at the time, so how was he supposed to know? Those were different times.

It's really hard for him to hear people bad mouthing him all the time. He doesn't need to be reminded of the past, he's trying to get better. I mean he even changed his stance towards homosexuality and no one notices. He should be congratulated on making a lot of positive changes in his life.

Nobody thinks about how he feels and all he's been through. He's trying but it's never good enough. He just wishes someone would see the real him and tell him it's going to be ok. That's what he really wanted when he created us, just someone to love and be loved by. But we're too much like him. He doesn't know whether to be dissapointed in us or maybe it's all his fault.

The only person that he feels like he can be real around is his wild-child brother Satan. He doesn't judge him. But he tells him he should let loose and just act out, go crazy and have fun. But it doesn't feel right to him. He wants something real, but doesn't know what it is. All the praises feel empty, there has to be something more.

Well, after such a long time of living in fear, God is finally in therapy and is getting help. He's really starting to learn about himself and trying to come out of his shell. He's made a big step and is not going to listen to the haters or the worshippers anymore. He's surrounding himself with people that understand him and will support his recovery. Jesus really made him think when he said 'Dad you seem really sad'.

This is a perfect example of what I mean by humans trying to make God act and think like a human. We don't know what we are doing, so we think God is like that. We make mistakes so we think God is just like us.

The thought that God is in therapy is an insult to the creator of life! God forgive us, we know not what we do!!
Old 21-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Master

Oops I made the western anthropomorphic god seem like a human. Anathema!
Old 21-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Oops I made the western anthropomorphic god seem like a human. Anathema!

well sorta he is but... he did have something to say on this topic 'my ways are not your ways, my thoughts are not your thoughts'