Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-04-2024, 05:37 PM
Master

Violence

Please do not turn this into a political discussion.

While I am at peace with myself, it is evident to me that there is a growing blaze of fire erupting in this world. Not only hotspots between nations; like Ukraine and Russia, Israel and Iran, China and Taiwan, North Korea, etc.

But also among common people; I was watching the news about the stabbings in Sydney. I view Australia as a relatively peaceful place where this sort of thing rarely, if ever, happens. But it seems the craziness has now spread there as well.

There is a lot of violence in America, most nations in Europe, Asia, Africa, etc. Some might call it “evil” or the work of the devil. But what can the average common person do about the violence in this world?

On one hand I view it as possibly the darkness before the dawn. A more psychological perspective might be an extremely arrogant polarized perspective in people’s minds, or just mental health issues.

I feel like the world is on the brink of another major war, and the emerging conflict is between individual common people as well as between nations. Right now the world seems like an explosive powder cake and the fuse has already been set and lighted.

Still, I see the depth of beauty in life, the laughter and smiles in adults and children. The incredible wonderfulness of this creation in spite of the problems and conflicts which humanity has created. So what are your perspectives on the violence which we see in our world today?
Old 13-04-2024, 05:51 PM
Guide
A lot of tolerance is needed imo. There is no other way.

We created all these illusions together.
Old 13-04-2024, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman

I feel like the world is on the brink of another major war, and the emerging conflict is between individual common people as well as between nations. Right now the world seems like an explosive powder cake and the fuse has already been set and lighted.

This is something I think about but from a different angle.

I like looking at what I consider to be the largest terrorist attack in the World that has affected the most people in the World. That event happened over 1 and 1/2 years ago. Surprisingly, it seems virtually nobody can identify it. It happed on September 26, 2023. It was the blowing up of the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines.

And then, I look at what I call the largest domestic terrorist attack in the USA. We are told it was the Oklahoma City Federal building. That explosion they claim was the equivalency of 2 ton of TNT. But then, I suspect the largest domestic terrorist attack occurred in the City where I live. That explosion was equivalent to 25-30 tons of TNT.

From my attempts to rationalize why these events do not 'stick out' in our memories is I suspect we ourselves don't want to 'hear' of such bad things.

I also suspects that our societies want to, in many cases, look the other way and minimize when somebody does something bad. In some cases, I suspect, we do not realize how easy it is to rationalize a person's 'bad' behavior while in some cases, blame ourselves for 'thinking' bad about somebody who did something 'bad'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-04-2024, 09:44 PM
Master
Some of the things in the World right now (like when I wrote this) have been predicted. They could have been prevented but very little if any effort was put forth in resolving them.

One of the things I do is go back 'in time' and look at the news that led up to certain events. To my surprise, it appears they could, for the most part, be prevented and in some cases, the ones labeled as being 'bad' weren't really bad in my opinion.

We might end up have a nuclear war.

When I was a boy, we thought we were prepared for a nuclear war (we weren't) but today, it appears nothing is in place, unless a person does it 'personally' for themselves.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-04-2024, 10:29 PM
Master

When I woke up this morning I had a vision of Iran attacking Israel, and by this evening it has happened with Iran launching 100-drones at Israel. Whose fault it is, for me, is less important than how it will end, or at least be diminished. One person’s terrorist is another person’s freedom fighter.

People want guns because other people have guns, people want more bombs because other people have more bombs; tit for tat the violence is spreading and feeding off of itself. In my opinion the human race has always been violent; going back before the days of the Roman Empire.

But today the weapons are more destructive, even so the motivation for violence seems to be the same as it was back then. People fighting each other over different ideologies, religious beliefs, or wanting more resources. Its’ the same motivation with more powerful weapons.

Because of my healthcare background I must also look at the possibility of mental illness playing a role in all of this, if not mental illness then a temporary mental imbalance. What would make a person want to go out and stab a bunch of other people with a knife such as what happened in Sidney?

I see no difference between what happened in Sidney, terrorist attacks, or wars between nations; they are only different in size and scope but essentially they are the same. Violence once was and now once again, is becoming normalized in this world. It breaks my heart to see this.
Old 13-04-2024, 11:17 PM
Master

Throughout world history it has been easier to start a war then it has been to stop a war once it has been started.
Mainly because revenge keeps warring parties, as well as individual combatants, engaged. Revenge motivates violence.
Old 13-04-2024, 11:35 PM
Master

So I have been spelling Sydney, Australia, Sidney, which is how it is spelled as the first name of someone but not as the Capitol of New South Wales, Australia. Ooops.
Old 14-04-2024, 12:05 AM
Master
One has approach with understanding in a Christ-like fashion because "They know not what they do".

I retreat from the world because I know people are erratic and impulsively driven. I prefer to be my own man and not get up in the mix. I understand what's going on with reactivity, anger, righteousness, vengeance and greed, so I keep my distance and don't interfere.

It can't be resolved easily because all the internal content has to come out but the overall conditions don't enable it, so the chaos is added to and continues to spiral more violently. At some point something has to break, and if it does, you are lost (like that berko in Bondi), so keep your peace no matter what or you'll make things even worse.
Old 14-04-2024, 01:02 AM
Master
As the vibrations are rising, and this will continue for some time, there are many who can not cope with this, and lash out. A bit like a horse that is irritated and kicks out.
Old 14-04-2024, 04:50 AM
Master
It looks like the latest 'attack' between nations: the 'aggressors" gave forewarning. A few years ago, another 'aggressor' did the same thing. Is this the new way for us to tell who is the 'aggressor'?