Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 27-11-2016, 03:31 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
The law of attraction is a true one,
Eh?
A law is a law, it either works within defined limitations or it doesn't. LOA does in limited ways but not always.
Quote:
and the universe really works that way.This law has another name i prefer which is The law of affinity. Likes attracts likes.
Oh, right. Let's see you make the same poles (alike) of two magnets attract each other. I think it either a massive arrogance or simply whimsical thinking that "the universe" will adjust its entire self to give someone a little money or whatever. Think of what's involved. I can't even hold back summer and prevent it turning to winter. I can't un-fry an egg. The universe isn't listening let alone co-operating. I tend to read "universe" as a term more acceptable in the New Age community than "god."

Besides, like can often attract its opposite to advantage. Electricity wouldn't work were than not the case.
Quote:
I agree sometimes the LoA is sometimes distorted by some authors who want to make money with it but it is nevertheless a valid concept.
Of very limited application. Changes of habit, attitude and such, fine, in a stable state. But as others have said, once you're subject to interaction with others, things can fall apart....assuming your wish is feasible at all.

Don't be bluffed by preachers who claim authority by calling something a Law. To me, it's a law when it can be modelled mathematically and transformed to be expressible in terms of any variable.

Old 27-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
Well....negative thoughts are enough. Just think about how often we tend to think positive instead of negative things.

I think you'll find those 6 million victims were very positive in 1924. They knew they had done nothing wrong so they had absolutely nothing to worry about.

LoA?

By 1945 they were dead.

Old 27-11-2016, 03:53 PM
Knower

Maybe this is helpful?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uckk2dbbdEo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-yhCO76xEU
Old 23-12-2016, 01:59 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I think you'll find those 6 million victims were very positive in 1924. They knew they had done nothing wrong so they had absolutely nothing to worry about.

LoA?

By 1945 they were dead.

I do not think they were very positive. They were scared, because many were afraid and talking about the things that could happen. Many of them left countries before invasions, but not all, of course. It is not easy to think happy thoughts under those conditions...Of course they did nothing "wrong", however LOA doesn't care if we are right or wrong, it just matches events to our dominant vibration. LOA is not based on justice or morality or on what we would like to happen.
However people do change their vibration. Louise Hay was abused and raped at a young age, and yet right now she is a healthy happy woman in her nineties, helping others achieve the same through her publishing company, books, lectures, etc. If something negative happened to us, it is not a life time sentence. As a matter of fact, it is not even true, because now we are not the same people, that we were before. That is just a fantasy in our heads. All exists is now.
Old 23-12-2016, 06:40 PM
I believe a question of this depth found in the original post can not be
answered by the few of us here,
when volumes have been written over centuries on the human condition and a Creator.

We have the Christian story of original sin entering the human stage,
the Hindu explanation of spiritual development through suffering
in the Bhagavad Gita and the stories of an angry God being appeased
with virgins being thrown in volcanoes...similar to the Judeo/Hebrew
blood sacrifices, I might add...as illogical as anything a primitive, savage mind could come up with!

Then we have whatever Alan Watts, CS Lewis, Ram Dass, St. Augustine,
Lao Tzu, Jung, to the reasoning of Maya Angilou add to the topic of
why human suffering of any kind!?

We have the mysteries of cause and effect, karma, reincarnation,
generational DNA/memory/momentum of collective thoughts....
not just this Law of Attraction.

There is the understanding of thought waves and whether they ever disappear without the change repentance brings.

Personally, I believe every answer to every question can be found within ...in stillness, in silence...in deep meditation...
but, a stillness that is hard to be imagined.
A stillness that recognizes in humility that we do not know what a single thing is for...and in this way the mind
can be restructured, cleansed of concepts that cloud a deeper, broader perspective,
that even Albert Einstein did not have.

Can a person that truly wants to understand 'why is there any suffering' do this?
That is, Go within...take this time... Go beyond the puny little human intellect
to grasp what seems to be unknowable?
Yes, if his heart is not antagonistic from the start as to what answer he may find.

My take on the subject.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru