Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Suspended

You might be Angelkin...It's a branch of Otherkin where some people believe they are non-human on an integrated level...

Lots of people in the Otherkin and Therianthropy community experience a phenomenon often referred to as "phantom shifting" where the individual feels phantom parts that are not physically there (such as you describing feeling wings on your back)...But it feels very real to the person experiencing the phantom sensations...

Or you might have a strong connection with Angels perhaps...

Do you feel as if you might be what you see/feel yourself as in your mind's eye or is this something you feel a connection is external to you?
Old 01-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDivision13
So, I don't know how to explain this without it being weird, but sometimes I can feel wings on my back flex and see my self in a suit of armor, almost like a knight's armor, and it weirds me out a bit because I'm wondering why I have this image or feeling constantly. If I really focus on it I can feel the energy go through my not-so-much-there wings.

Any thoughts? Am I going nuts? Do you guys feel the similarly?
Yeah you're going nuts. Actually stark, raving bonkers.

It's an archetype or a symbol for the energies that surround you. The energies themselves can't be perceived by the mind as they are but the mind needs something with form in order to grasp it. If you can't say what energy looks like then you'll understand the need for the symbols/archetypes. Don't think about it too literally but think of what the imagery means to you. The armour is usually protection and the wings are angel-like but beyond your weirding out they might mean something different to you personally. If it actually was armour or wings, how would that make you feel? There's your answer.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:10 AM
Suspended

Well said Greenslade...

That's what I was trying to convey but you explained it better and more in-depth than I did...

Wurdz R Hard darnit! ;P

Old 02-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
Well said Greenslade...

That's what I was trying to convey but you explained it better and more in-depth than I did...

Wurdz R Hard darnit! ;P

Thank you.

Interestingly enough I found this on FaceBook -
"A Sufi woke one night and said to himself, It seems to me that the world is like a chest in which we are all put and the lid is shut down, and we give ourselves up to foolishness. When death lifts the lid, he who has acquired wings, soars away to eternity, but he who has not, stays in the chest a prey to a thousand tribulations. Make sure then that the bird of ambition acquires wings of aspiration, and give to your heart and reason the ecstasy of the soul. Before the lid of the chest is opened become a bird of the spirit, ready to spread your wings."
- Sufi Farid ud-Din Attar, "The Conference of Birds "