Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Experiencer
CATS

Cats were worshiped as sacred gods in Egypt.
In other cultures they ward off evil.

I understand they can also be used for dark as well light.
Witches (of dark and light magick) often have cat familiars to aid them.

But why are cats not mentioned in the Bible? Even the animals considered unclean are mentioned. Are cats not AT ALL mentioned for a specific reason? To discriminate, ect?

I don't identify with one religion, but more like I admire all of them and adopt principles and values from each one. So I can't even say I am Christian or Buddhist, or anything of the like since it sounds limiting (after all, spirituality is about expanding what you know of the whole TRUTH).
Old 20-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Master

My cat has defended me from evil beings many times, shes exellent warning too, shes risked herself for me, shes a very good astral projector, follows me everywhere, sleeps in my bed, so yes theres definitely more to cats. They see directly into spirit world. Its very hard for a being to get undetected for a cat.
Old 20-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Knower
Im no witch lol but my little ginger kitty certainly acts as my familiar hehe shes been with me through thick and thin, who needs kids when you can have cats :p
Haha in all seriousness though, cats are amazing mysterious lil beings I love their own unique personalities I could own a whole cat sanctuary one day! My cat knows when im deeply hurting , she knows when ive got sickness and need healing not that she can do much but her cuddly kitty cat love is more than enough
Animals in general teach you a lot if you open your mind to see! They are truly remarkable beings we are so blessed.
Old 20-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarian
Cats were worshiped as sacred gods in Egypt.
In other cultures they ward off evil.

I understand they can also be used for dark as well light.
Witches (of dark and light magick) often have cat familiars to aid them.

But why are cats not mentioned in the Bible? Even the animals considered unclean are mentioned. Are cats not AT ALL mentioned for a specific reason? To discriminate, ect?

I don't identify with one religion, but more like I admire all of them and adopt principles and values from each one. So I can't even say I am Christian or Buddhist, or anything of the like since it sounds limiting (after all, spirituality is about expanding what you know of the whole TRUTH).

I am not sure why cats are not mentioned in the Bible,but it could be something to do with their association with witchcraft in the dark ages, I have heard the Bible was rewritten
Old 20-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Write up about the CAT:

http://www.shamanicjourney.com/cat-p...-mystery-magic

Old 20-09-2016, 11:32 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
My cat has defended me from evil beings many times, shes exellent warning too, shes risked herself for me, shes a very good astral projector, follows me everywhere, sleeps in my bed, so yes theres definitely more to cats. They see directly into spirit world. Its very hard for a being to get undetected for a cat.

I've heard they are excellent with astral travel, and that they let you use their bodies to astral project yourself. Let me know if there's truth to that :]
Old 20-09-2016, 11:38 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritLight
Im no witch lol but my little ginger kitty certainly acts as my familiar hehe shes been with me through thick and thin, who needs kids when you can have cats :p
Haha in all seriousness though, cats are amazing mysterious lil beings I love their own unique personalities I could own a whole cat sanctuary one day! My cat knows when im deeply hurting , she knows when ive got sickness and need healing not that she can do much but her cuddly kitty cat love is more than enough
Animals in general teach you a lot if you open your mind to see! They are truly remarkable beings we are so blessed.

I agree that animals can teach us humans a lot.
You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals.
For example, most serial killers and the like have a trait of starting out by first torturing animals. Animals are like small children in many ways, as the older they get their mental capacity stays to that of a toddler.
They can't comprehend beyond that, but still understand compassion and love. Basic stuff even my own 2 year old understands, lol

I am happy you have a bond with your kitty familiar :)
The world needs more animal lovers!
Old 20-09-2016, 11:41 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze

Awesome find! I appreciate the time you took to provide that link :)
It really resonates with me. No wonder why when I was little I used to act like a cat all of the time.
Now I want a cat :3

Thank you~namaste
Old 21-09-2016, 01:31 AM
Guide
I too would like to thank you for that interresting link wolfgaze
It is clear now why I have always found my cats so comforting in times of stress
Old 21-09-2016, 08:52 AM
Master
In Singapore and Thailand, they break the tails of the cats when they are kittens to let the 'bad spirit' out.

Anyway, I don't know why cats weren't mentioned in The Bible, but I don't see them as being relevant to the overall epic stories in there...it's not as if a cat caused the fall of an empire or a mass exodus of peoples from one place or another...and if there were more cats in the Bible, Jesus would have needed more loaves and fishes...I don't even think dogs are mentioned either...or any domesticated pet...maybe I am wrong.