Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Suspended

regression

Is it possible to regress fully in spiritual matters? Example: once fully transcendent becomes completely engrossed in the mud. Example: once no longer fearful but immersed in fear again. What might be the causes for this, and do you have any experience on this topic??
Old 02-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Knower

Yes, this is possible. The reason that a person may regress is when his heart tells him to do something that would help him to make further progress, he balks and decides not to do it. Normally the fear of what people may think, or fear of giving up all your wealth or any number of other fears causes him to not listen to the advice his heart is giving him will arise and if you give in to that fear you begin to backslide. Once you backslide it is very easy to be back in 3d consciousness where you lose all the feelings of bliss, feelings of unconditional love towards everyone, gifts of clairvoyance, clairaudience and any other states of being you possessed and be back in the mud as you so nicely put it.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Master
Spiritual regression depends on how firmly a person has embraced a higher, or greater, state of consciousness, and if a person does regress it may be an indication that they did not have a firm grasp of that greater state. Regression can be a learning tool for oneself. Lots of people regress, especially when faced with a crisis, but some do not even know that they have regressed, so if a person is aware of their regression they can better benefit from it and use it to see where they need further work on themselves. Regression often happens because a person does not have an adequate outlet for stress or are poor at handling crisis. A person has to give themselves permission to make mistakes, as long as those mistakes are not irreparable, and it does not help for us to be so hard on ourselves. Its’ okay to regress as long as we readily do what is necessary to recover and not remain in a regressive state.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:31 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerAK
Yes, this is possible. The reason that a person may regress is when his heart tells him to do something that would help him to make further progress, he balks and decides not to do it. Normally the fear of what people may think, or fear of giving up all your wealth or any number of other fears causes him to not listen to the advice his heart is giving him will arise and if you give in to that fear you begin to backslide. Once you backslide it is very easy to be back in 3d consciousness where you lose all the feelings of bliss, feelings of unconditional love towards everyone, gifts of clairvoyance, clairaudience and any other states of being you possessed and be back in the mud as you so nicely put it.

Do you speak from experience?
Old 05-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Lots of people regress, especially when faced with a crisis, but some do not even know that they have regressed, so if a person is aware of their regression they can better benefit from it and use it to see where they need further work on themselves.

I guess unhappiness would be the clue
Old 05-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesliketoplay
Do you speak from experience?

Yes.

Peace and blessings
Old 05-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Suspended

Peace and blessings.
Old 30-09-2016, 10:44 AM
Suspended

I don't think of it as backsliding

Think of a painting

You've been working on one area, this area is very developed

"Regression" is just moving to an area of the painting that you haven't worked on as much
Old 01-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerAK

My own experience and what I see but wealth was never a problem for me to test. Since it is not, something else is going on which is just as strong to me, it becomes something else.

In the example given, I have seen fear has other faces. It doesn't seem logical that it does because we think it (fear) means only one thing. I am aware if a person so called regresses to return to a previous one, they return to what is known, a memory, a home. The known is comfortable and stable, no surprises, no expectations. One reason this might happen is perception, the spiritual state in the now isn't what was expected.

One of the things we may not know about emotions, such as fear is the emotion can transmute. It retains it's strength. Fear may change itself and (the emotion) adapt itself to transform into anger. One can return to a former state unexpectedly. For some reason I saw this in the example. That fear of what people might say would upset me and I would be angry and change just to spite someone. All emotions do follow a path, such as from anger to acceptance, acceptance to openness, openness to awareness and each level must be dealt with. Here nothing is known and the mind must know. Can any remember say where fear came from.

Emotion runs and wiggles it way out, escapes and puts on other faces you don't call fear. It is a negative flow of energy. I also think the law of resonance is at work in being in fields of negativity, these waves interact and we can pick them up thinking they are us.

I love the way bees said it must be a clue, and what must we do with clues, explore.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
My own experience and what I see but wealth was never a problem for me to test. Since it is not, something else is going on which is just as strong to me, it becomes something else.

In the example given, I have seen fear has other faces. It doesn't seem logical that it does because we think it (fear) means only one thing. I am aware if a person so called regresses to return to a previous one, they return to what is known, a memory, a home. The known is comfortable and stable, no surprises, no expectations. One reason this might happen is perception, the spiritual state in the now isn't what was expected.

One of the things we may not know about emotions, such as fear is the emotion can transmute. It retains it's strength. Fear may change itself and (the emotion) adapt itself to transform into anger. One can return to a former state unexpectedly. For some reason I saw this in the example. That fear of what people might say would upset me and I would be angry and change just to spite someone. All emotions do follow a path, such as from anger to acceptance, acceptance to openness, openness to awareness and each level must be dealt with. Here nothing is known and the mind must know. Can any remember say where fear came from.

Emotion runs and wiggles it way out, escapes and puts on other faces you don't call fear. It is a negative flow of energy. I also think the law of resonance is at work in being in fields of negativity, these waves interact and we can pick them up thinking they are us.

I love the way bees said it must be a clue, and what must we do with clues, explore.

Some very insightful comments.

I entered a mystical path when in college. I surrendered to God and only did what I thought would please God. I did face 'fears' of what people would think if I did certain spiritual activity but they were within my ability to overcome. I also realized that overcoming those fears and going ahead only made me stronger, more committed to the path and helped speed up my progress. Other than this I feared nothing and no one except God; I felt a complete sense of freedom. I felt a total lack of fear at all other times. I know this may sound like a contradiction but I realize the fear would present itself to be overcome as a challenge because I (would be doing something I had not done before in my life and) knew that people would see me in a different light. I preferred anonymity but my actions would make me stand out. The fear would vanish as soon as I accomplished my task to be replaced with bliss and a powerful feeling of love. This would be my proof (if I needed any) that God was pleased with me for the action I had undertaken.

But the last action my higher self suggested to me required an act that would not only be very embarrassing for me but cause me to be ostracized by society; people would think I am a madman. I would probably have to had to leave my house with nothing but the shirt on my back. There would be no turning back. This I knew I could do but chose not to do it since I could still exercise my free will if I desired. The embarrassing act was necessary for me to increase in humility which I also knew (I had perceived an element of pride still in my heart). Without having any ego left, the goal would have been for me to realize that I don't exist. Like the famous sufi mystic Shibli said, "I am the truth!"

I don't regret my journey while it lasted (about 8 months) and I learnt a lot during that time. It was a time of total happiness, bliss, unconditional love, calairvoyance, clairaudience, instant manifestation and anything else I desired. I realize those abilities were given to me to continue on my journey and help me do greater and greater spiritual deeds. I was one with the universe and the world was in harmony with me. I knew the meaning of paradise. Every pain/hardship I experienced would increase the love and bliss I felt.

In the intervening 25 years or so I have lived a full life with all the normal activities (and mistakes) a person does. I went through dark periods when I was totally uninterested in the light. However, the spiritual path has always had an over-powering attraction for me so I did enter it and leave it again a few more times. Now I have decided to adopt a slower path where I take my time. I deliberately engage in time-consuming activities and hobbies to distract myself from the spiritual path since I don't want to make rapid progress. So I go 2 steps forward and 1 step back and it doesn't compare with my first spiritual journey (the progress I made on that path in one day is the progress I'm making now in about ten months). But I view those days with nostalgia and hope that I can reach the same level before I die.