Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Newbie ;)

I have a similar situation, although its more that my mind is focusing on what is to come of the future. I hate it because i want to be able to live in the present and make the most of my ability to create magical memories while I'm still young. But all i can think about is the future, and the places i want to explore, and the people i want to meet. So i guess my problem is having too much within my mind, but i think yours is finding something to occupy you. Like something you love that you will put your mind body and soul into, that will force you into living in the present. I do that with mediating, art, reading and going on walks/ to the park and getting distracted by mother nature.
:-))
Old 27-08-2016, 04:07 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Not for me, never a dull moment
Old 28-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Merlini

being in the moment has its own reward, i find much fun in observing things and seen life unfold as it is natural, even the ego is a fun somewhat manner to see and look at established... but its not for everybody until they have stepped out of there own ego trips at first, only then it finds solutions to be in the moment, enjoying things as is and observing the moment, truthfully digesting it as it is
Old 29-08-2016, 01:27 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

If you find it boring to be present, then you are simply trying too hard.

Look within yourself and find your true purpose in life.
Old 29-08-2016, 03:29 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellabomer
So, I have been trying to stay in the moment. Well, even if I manage to be present in the moment, it gets really boring after a while, because if I am not doing some work, or meditating then it's really empty to just try to be present in the moment, to do what? To gaze at the wall... or to stare at the floor... and then my empty mind rushes back to the worries and anxieties because they fill up my mind and don't make me feel bored. That's the main problem! I stick to my worries and anxieties because they make my life less boring. How can I enjoy being present in the moment?

Why can't we just enjoy our contract with time and space instead of fighting it? Even as Spirits most of us are quite contented working with time--in a much more fluid fashion, but it is there; we are using it. We do review and plan; we do set goals. Let's just live. Or not!
Old 09-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Well, it's true that 'now' is all that exists. There's no past or future. When past is gone, it becomes just a part of your memory which can come and go and hence it's more like how our thoughts or perception make it out to be, and the future is unknown. Once you step into future, it becomes 'now'.

I like what Allen Watts said about it.

Something along the lines of, you are presently remembering the past, you are presently thinking of the future. This whole live in the now thing he said is based off Zen.

Here is a catch though, I have had precognitive dreams of the future that came true. So every once in a while, the future is known, for precogs at least....

That's the weird thing too, how is the future predicted?
I have also seemed to be able to change the course from my dream though, I did it one time to try to save my own life because I dreamed I got shot in the neck, and then the events of the dream started unfolding in reality and I did what I could to swerve off course.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 the bored ego

May I re-write your post to make more sense...........

So, I (the ego) have been trying to stay in the moment. Well, even if I (the ego) manage to be present in the moment, it gets really boring after a while, because if I (the ego) am not doing some work, or meditating then it's really empty to just try to be present in the moment, to do what?...To gaze at the wall... or to stare at the floor.. since I (the ego) am not able to just be here and now and must be doing something, anything, to feel OK and DISTRACTED.... and then my EGOIC mind rushes back to the worries and anxieties because they fill up my EGOIC mind and don't make me (the ego) feel bored. That's the main problem! I (the ego) stick to my (egoic) worries and anxieties because they make my (egoic) life less boring. How can I (the ego) enjoy being present in the moment?
How can I (the Divine) stop my ego from ruining everything?

Jim: One possibility is to stop long enough to recognize that your egoic personality is and has been running your life for a long time. Once you clearly see that you are NOT your egoic personality, you might start to feel better and no longer have all these EGOIC needs and impulses.
To see that you are NOT the ego or to stop believing that the ego is real and powerful, you might need to do some psychological work or some spiritual work such as with the question: "Who/what am I NOT?" ..... from the non-dual traditions.
Your problem is simply that you believe you are a limited, uncomfortable PERSON/EGO and you have never needed to question that conviction nor examine it.
Once you know that YOU have created and then moved into your egoic personality, it will be clear that you can be free of it and begin living a happier and freer life WITHOUT IT. Right now your ego has you by the throat but just a little self examination will reveal that you have unwittingly become the ego and the way out is to stop being and stop believing in your ego - YOU ARE NOT AN EGO! You are you - a free, happy and wise SPIRIT or Being.

Most people own or are owned by an EGO and never find a need to question that unfortunate relationship until their ego puts them into a bad situation and, even then, they will still believe anything except that their own ego is the problem! Our egos are and have always been the "problem" but we are somewhat hypnotized by our ego so we just don't see or understand how our ego is ruining our lives.
good luck
Old 10-09-2016, 01:39 AM
Ascender

Personally I see the practice of being mindful of the moment as entirely different than what seems to be described here as far as I skimmed through--

The practice of mindfulness to me; first off if it is said to be "The practice of staying in the moment--", then the instructions are flawed in degree--

Every practice is as useful to such a path as it to the degree that it refers to itself-- That is, if your practice is grounded in psychology, or the nature of human beings, and how they interact, the more local the context of the practice, the more local the context of progress--

In the cosmic sense; I would say the better practice is to realize the purpose of mindfulness and eventually the error of our way that causes us to practice it.. (in the sense that anything we practice in way of spirituality is because there is "error" to solve)-- In that, when have you ever been out of the moment you are in? how can you be out of the moment?

If you are daydreaming, if you are lost in thought, how are you not in that moment? because others claim you were there, but you don't remember what happened? I have never been out of the moment once my life, I haven't been out of the moment in the past, I haven't been out of the moment in the future.. if I could do that, it would probably be more useful than it has been to us; and in so it can be--

The issue is that time is not an existence in the way we experience it, everything is eternal-- There is no change in awareness, there is no change in existence, there is no realization, all of these just frameworks so that we can operate in a coherent fashion--

But this coherent fashion, because it is based from the perspective of a human on earth; does not act coherently with itself and is unable to because one thinks they are on earth, as a human, doing the things they are doing..
When in fact that is not so in the cosmic context-- And this is because the order of our being does not reflect the real order of being we see.. which is eternity and everything there is to be aware of and realize is in front of you, and that it is realized already because those things you are unaware of, are those things you are aware of--

So to me the real goal of mindfulness is to manifest into one's self an arrangement where the qualities of the moment is understood-- That the past you think of is in the moment, and that the past is always in the moment, and the the future to as well is in the moment.. and that these things can be seen in the moment as to bring every aspect of self into an eternal moment in which all is, was, will be an expression of self--

That is to say, the way our thoughts orbit in the mind are dependent on the arrangement in which they orbit; and if your past and future experiences are coming from somewhere else or the past is becoming distant.. that this kind of thinking causes you to act in a manner that distorts the reality of your experience into a lower quality-- But that to see, where the future and past are going, how they are coming and going, and the unchanging nature inherent within them so that the past, future, and present; are interactions of self-- essentially could be thought about as one pattern, whom when it decides to express itself, relates to itself in a way that it doesn't understand compared to the perspective in which he understood it, so that these two simultaneously the same thing have two different experiences of itself.. and that experience is what is between them when they relate; so that they are not the two things that are relating to each other, but that they are the relationship itself between the two-- Allowing the one thing that became two, to express what it is from the perspective of the whole (one thing, that becomes two things which is that one thing in greater expression, and the individual forms that arise in the relation can experience the relationship that perfectly expresses themselves within it--

-------

But then we find ourselves here? How come if such a thing could even be taken as a model of reality to follow, the simple notion of self expression; then why are we in a place where we know nothing of ourselves, and that mindfulness could convince someone that they can leave the moment, when the moment describes that which they are always in--

And it is in us to ask this, what is the perfection of imperfection and the imperfection of the perfect; what is the good of the bad, and the bad of the good, what is the form of the emptiness and the emptiness of the form-- And what do these things mean to us when they are reconciled into the same existence; else we come upon the void and see where we come from, yet not who we are--
Old 11-09-2016, 08:22 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
So, I have been trying to stay in the moment. Well, even if I manage to be present in the moment, it gets really boring after a while, because if I am not doing some work, or meditating then it's really empty to just try to be present in the moment, to do what? To gaze at the wall... or to stare at the floor... and then my empty mind rushes back to the worries and anxieties because they fill up my mind and don't make me feel bored. That's the main problem! I stick to my worries and anxieties because they make my life less boring. How can I enjoy being present in the moment?

Is happiness, for you, to be in a state of Worrying and Fearing ? Because this is what your topic is describing.

To stay in a Present moment is to be Happy. Because Happiness cannot be atained yesterday nor Tomorrow, not 1 second earlier and not a second later than Now.

Forget the Past and the nonexistant Future, and be Happy. If you have conditioned yourself to be Happy for a Reason, then unlearn it and start beeing Happy.
Happiness does not need Reasons, but the World teached you that it is not so.

What happinees is ? Recall the moments where you were happy, and feel it now as long as you can.
Fake it if it is not possibile.

Starring at the Wall or Gaze'ing at the Floor are only aids, for the starters, to attain the recognition of the difference between "Action demanding thoughts" and "Peacefull Thoughts".
It is like Aspirine, you take it untill you learn how to stay healthy.And after you have learned it, you dont need aspirine/floor/wand.

If you really need a reason, then Recognize that staying in the Moment and beeing happy is better than worrying about the Future and beeing anxious.
why ? Because how many times have you worried in fear about the future, and it came differently ?

See, you taught yourself that worrying will bring you more Happiness, when the Future events come as different and better than thought.
it is always this 'more' and 'better feeling' that is the Future promising.
But happinees is Now. Is this Recognition not a Reason to be Happy ?

Edit: Here is a Y-Tube link which may be helpfull : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTh56DJ2_LQ (the point which im reffering to starts at arround 15:25, but the rest is helpfull aswell)