Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 08-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I suspect in time you will find that 'Twin Flame' is just another word for someone who is almost a perfect match for your frequency at this moment in your life and the word Twin Flame is just the popular word to describe this experience as it was Soul Mate 3 decades ago and 'Apple of my Eye' at the beginning of the 19th century and so on.

Right now you are thinking Twin Flame Union is something unique and special and would set you apart from most other people on the planet as being uniquely special, divinely inspired and somehow having obtained something which uniquely proves you are worthy and so on.

You draw your information from internet theories and opinions and have applied some synchronicities as your proof that it is so and filled in the rest with the emotion your feel for this 'frequency partner' and she back for you. I am suggesting to you that in 5 years you will have a much better idea about what this was and wasn't and 'Union" and "meant to be together as partners" won't be a part of your thinking anymore.

And in 10 years you will have met several other 'Twin Flames' and decided that the woman who is your 'Twin Flame' now was just really a soul mate, or maybe a 'False Twin Flame' and this latest one is actually the Real Thing...unless of course 'Twin Flames' are out of vogue and passe' by then in which case you may use the next new hip label to define your relationship to the person.
It's actually starting to fall out of vogue now as more and more people are having enough time for the relationship to run it's course and people to discover it wasn't what the thought it was after all.

Many people have radically altered their lives, moved, given up careers and made dramatic life altering decisions over this belief system and experience...only to discover they were mistaken.
Including myself.

So are you saying you don't believe in Twin Flames?
Old 08-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Knower

I would view it as full acceptance/acknowledgment of a connection and embracing it, whether you are physically together or not. I don't think there are any stages really or that the term came before the concept. That assumes every situation is the same. So it could mean more for you. Not everyone has the same experience, nor has a change of heart after a few or dozen years passes.

Last edited by Ldlf16 : 08-12-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:47 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldlf16
I would view it as full acceptance/acknowledgment of a connection and embracing it, whether you are physically together or not. I don't think there are any stages really or that the term came before the concept. That assumes every situation is the same. So it could mean more for you. Not everyone has the same experience, nor has a change of heart after a few or dozen years passes.

Of all of the answers posted this makes the most sense. Every experience is different. Yes, the term TF is over used and misused very often, but the experience is authentic for some. I am not a believer in the concept of soulmates. But this man has changed me. I definitely love who I've become since meeting him. We aren't together but the bond is still strong. I find inspiration in that everyday.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:56 AM
Knower

I think 'union' occurs when you've both done the inner work and you've both reached a certain level of conciousness where you come into harmony...and basically stop tearing eachothers soul apart haha at least i hope thats what happens.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missxchief
I think 'union' occurs when you've both done the inner work and you've both reached a certain level of conciousness where you come into harmony...and basically stop tearing eachothers soul apart haha at least i hope thats what happens.

Yes it has been a rather intense relationship. I suppose we are lucky that we do have daily contact and have Meditation connection sessions together.
There is such a strong physical attraction to each other as well as spiritual. When we have met up its like total peace and serenity between us, its beautiful.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Suspended
Master
both acknowleding the deep connection and BE OPEN about it to eachother, to tell how you feel, why and where to go from there. Openess to eachother.

Twins dont need to be together 24-7 because they are connected and both are aware of that. there is no running and chasing, the energy has stabilised, fears are gone and both have given their "naked" selves to eachother. knowing that the other loves you same as you do. this kind of love can overcome distance because they are already connected. you can go on as week without talking, yet you are still knowing somehow their presence and feeling them.

i dont see particullary a familt- dog-children and all, i see two people being so in love, still in the "love buttery phase" after 10-20-30 years while other couples around are settled, in a routine and have sex 1 time month and hugging and holding hands are not common. its sad. it shows that there is not that spark. but with twins i see holding hand, hugging, cuddling even when together 50 years. i see my life with my twin like this. i dont want and need children, maybe a dog, maybe 2 different homes to live in but forever connected deeply.
Old 26-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Knower

Quote:
I suspect in time you will find that 'Twin Flame' is just another word for someone who is almost a perfect match for your frequency at this moment in your life
I'm beginning to realise that this is probably the truth.
Old 27-01-2016, 01:18 AM
Master
Firstly is the Union of your Self because if you don't achieve this you cannot have an union with your TF. I tend to think it's mainly a journey of self but that takes to our TF when the time is right.
Old 27-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Deactivated Account

Guides explained it to me like energetically stick all your traits together and all theirs and then amplify it(third energy). Of course, you only want good traits in this bubble, because otherwise the bad just become amplified.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Guide
Quote:
I suspect in time you will find that 'Twin Flame' is just another word for someone who is almost a perfect match for your frequency at this moment in your life and the word Twin Flame is just the popular word to describe this experience as it was Soul Mate 3 decades ago and 'Apple of my Eye' at the beginning of the 19th century and so on.

Right now you are thinking Twin Flame Union is something unique and special and would set you apart from most other people on the planet as being uniquely special, divinely inspired and somehow having obtained something which uniquely proves you are worthy and so on.

You draw your information from internet theories and opinions and have applied some synchronicities as your proof that it is so and filled in the rest with the emotion your feel for this 'frequency partner' and she back for you. I am suggesting to you that in 5 years you will have a much better idea about what this was and wasn't and 'Union" and "meant to be together as partners" won't be a part of your thinking anymore.

And in 10 years you will have met several other 'Twin Flames' and decided that the woman who is your 'Twin Flame' now was just really a soul mate, or maybe a 'False Twin Flame' and this latest one is actually the Real Thing...unless of course 'Twin Flames' are out of vogue and passe' by then in which case you may use the next new hip label to define your relationship to the person.
It's actually starting to fall out of vogue now as more and more people are having enough time for the relationship to run it's course and people to discover it wasn't what the thought it was after all.

Many people have radically altered their lives, moved, given up careers and made dramatic life altering decisions over this belief system and experience...only to discover they were mistaken.
Including myself.

Oh wow! So very beautifully said, as ever with your wonderful posts CrystalSong

I believe that as we look to increase our spiritual awareness, where at times we may allow our emotions to run away with us, putting a label on the TF experience can become an expectation to meet a given set of varying 'criteria' rather than just accepting each special connection for what it is.

I too have wanted to put a label to this incredible feeling of pure love, to give a definition and credence for a connection so special that started my spiritual awakening and journey of self discovery. Where my life has changed so completely.

While I still apply the term 'Twin Flame' because of the unconditional love and divine nature of the relationship that we shared, I have started to question it's finality - in this lifetime at least. Mainly for two reasons. The first is that if our connection was that of a common understanding, where we both felt exactly the same, then nothing would have been insurmountable (although I have always appreciated and respected my TF's free will, and this point is simply to emphasise the general understanding of the runner-chaser syndrome associated with TFs based on my experience following our separation ).

Secondly, I want to have a life of love and intimacy. So, in time, I wouldn't want a 3D label to stop me meeting someone special. Where I would then unnecessarily look to find another label to reflect that connection - or, unthinkably, devalue everything my TF and I shared with each other and our perfect time together.

Of course, we may reconnect as many believe TFs do, and find that extra dimension to make our union complete. Indeed, in my last message to my TF I said that I will always be here for her with open arms if she ever needs me. As I understand her reasons for having to follow her own Charted Path, and I will always love her so perfectly for her honesty and integrity.

But... and here is the but... up to now I have put my life on hold while I come to terms with our separation.

Although I still need to take things slowly, and have much healing to work through, my heart knows that I cannot continue to put my life on hold for something that may or may not happen. I am sure my TF wouldn't want me to, and if anything I know she would want me to be happy. If we are going to reconnect then I will no longer live in hope, but put faith in the universe that whatever my future brings is my perfect destiny.

I will therefore look to live my life, and from my own heartbreak find myself and my life purpose so my positivity and spirit can shine so brightly.

I have so much to give, and maybe the ultimate lesson here is for each of us to reach such a level of 'awareness' where we see the very spirit of life. Not just in ourselves, in others, in animals, even in plants and trees - but in the river, the sea, the ocean, the earth, the clouds, the sky and the stars.

Where we become 'One' with ourselves and the universe, where we become our own Twin Flame.

This isn't to say we can't give our very heart and soul to someone special. As once we know what this means within our true self, the real beauty is when two enlightened spirits come together and appreciate themselves and the other exactly for who they are without any preconceptions or idealisms.

With this inner awareness it is time for me to embrace my Charted Path, where I now see beyond my physical self so I can realise all my dreams. I really am so blessed for my beloved Twin Flame who started me on this beautiful path of self-realisation, and I will forever love her so dearly.

Ultimately, my advice is to not apply labels or have any external expectations when you find someone so incredible that your heart overflows. While books or internet websites can help explain about the TF experience, there is no substitute for how you feel inside - at your very soul level. Therefore simply listen from within yourself and appreciate each and every precious connection that finds you. As when your energy merges with someone else then that will always be so beautiful, so special and so unique.

So, from this point on, I'll generalise Soul Connections while I continue to learn and grow - and have a perfect appreciation of each of my special Soul Connections

With so much love and light
Paul

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking

Last edited by Ghost_Rider_1970 : 28-01-2016 at 02:50 AM.