Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 18-09-2015, 03:00 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
That made me chuckle...

I could go a skin graft or a blood transfusion.
Old 18-09-2015, 06:44 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTrek
The similarity to my own feelings is quite interesting. The phrase that kept running through my mind for weeks is "I love her more than my own life." I truly believe that I would have taken a bullet for her if it came down to that.

As a manly man, I would have stood up for any of my girlfriends over the years, but I would have drawn the line. Would I give a kidney? No.

Would I go into a burning building knowing I likely would die? No.

With H, there would be no waffling; no hesitation in any situation. I never felt such selfless love and the desire to actually put someone else first.

My protective instincts were on full overdrive.

Oh my!.... I have thought and talked both these thoughts myself several times:

I love him more than my own life.
I would take a bullet for him.

and also:

I would never let any harm come to him.
I would protect him with my life.

and on and on ... like your mind never gets exhausted of these dialogues, especially the really romantic ones!!

The persistent and unexplainable urge to want to protect someone in every way who is much bigger and v v much stronger than me is really so weird n funny actually!!

There definitely is proof ... its within each of us... without going too much into the crazy details let me tell you that I was a terrible skeptic and my life experiences had made me 'trust NO ONE except God'. I had made up my mind never to ever give my heart to anyone no matter what, in fact there was no heart to give and I was as good as dead inside, just living a robotic life waiting for death when God ordained. I didn't believe in love anymore... I scoffed at it and its artificiality ... any sign of it observed in others was like nails scratching on a blackboard for me... yeah I was that deep into hating love and relationships for years and years!! When any guy showed interest in getting to know me I would just put them down gently or harshly depending on my mood! The more serious they got the harsher I got!! I avoided every new person in my life ... literally like the plague... old friends and family was good enough social contact (that too weared me down and I kept to a minimal)! To top it all I too am an engineer and everything has to make complete sense for me to accept it... I research everything like mad before I even slightly commit... maybe that's why I got bombarded by signs to make me believe ... else I definitely wouldn't have.

So from there to here... long journey... but I do believe in it's authenticity 100%!!

tc ,
- Blissful
Old 18-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Kristin25

I have a young child and I have to put my child first so I could not take a bullet for my twin although I feel like I totally would, just like I would do so for my son. I love my twin very similarly to how I love my own child. There is the difference in "attraction" of course but strip that away and the base deep bonding "protective" love is the same. *sigh* I know my love for him is totally unconditional because it would be deemed insane in 3D for me to still love him as much as I do yet I do. I can't NOT love him. There is no reason for me to try not to love him. It's not a love I can really articulate to others except to say that I feel like my soul must be very much in love with him and there is no ignoring the heart-song of my strong soul.

As an aside, I've come to learn that I am meant to love myself this same way so that's a step I'm working on as well. It's VERY freeing once you begin to understand God wants you to simply ADORE yourself like you would a tiny innocent child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTrek
The similarity to my own feelings is quite interesting. The phrase that kept running through my mind for weeks is "I love her more than my own life." I truly believe that I would have taken a bullet for her if it came down to that.

As a manly man, I would have stood up for any of my girlfriends over the years, but I would have drawn the line. Would I give a kidney? No.

Would I go into a burning building knowing I likely would die? No.

With H, there would be no waffling; no hesitation in any situation. I never felt such selfless love and the desire to actually put someone else first.

My protective instincts were on full overdrive.
Old 18-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Experiencer
Kristin,
That's really interesting... I too feel that the love is very similar to what we feel for our child, unconditional and non-negotiable... in fact I have expressed that emotion too to my TF.

-Blissful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin25
I have a young child and I have to put my child first so I could not take a bullet for my twin although I feel like I totally would, just like I would do so for my son. I love my twin very similarly to how I love my own child. There is the difference in "attraction" of course but strip that away and the base deep bonding "protective" love is the same. *sigh* I know my love for him is totally unconditional because it would be deemed insane in 3D for me to still love him as much as I do yet I do. I can't NOT love him. There is no reason for me to try not to love him. It's not a love I can really articulate to others except to say that I feel like my soul must be very much in love with him and there is no ignoring the heart-song of my strong soul.

As an aside, I've come to learn that I am meant to love myself this same way so that's a step I'm working on as well. It's VERY freeing once you begin to understand God wants you to simply ADORE yourself like you would a tiny innocent child.
Old 18-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by QT Pie
For me it is very simple.

So we literally suffer and pine for what will absolutely never be. Ever. Even if we got the object we desire.

You just wrote what I am beginning to experience. Once you come to this conclusion you can get on with your life knowing that the one special person will always be part of you.
Old 19-09-2015, 05:30 PM
SoulfulRose11

I can say I am not certain of the soul splitting concept, separation is an illusion and part of being human..we exist in all kinds of individualness - fences yards, cubicles at work, etc. Maybe asking this question begs the answer that TF are never truly split. I think the soul splitting is a human interpretation of something unexplainable and none of us for sure can prove it. We just have the awareness and higher knowing of existing with our TF as part of us spiritually here on Earth and that is the point.
Old 19-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Experiencer

I am a scientist too, the kind that always finds and sees the rationale behind everything...but boy oh that whole tf thing has brought me down to my knees....i got proof that I can not explain.
Old 19-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt
You just wrote what I am beginning to experience. Once you come to this conclusion you can get on with your life knowing that the one special person will always be part of you.

That's awesome! If you learn not one more thing the experience is worth the pain as this fact applies to all of your life, not simply this. Congrats! That is liberating to see isn't it! :)

(After your done being ****ed at yourself about it. Haha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinFlame
I am a scientist too, the kind that always finds and sees the rationale behind everything...but boy oh that whole tf thing has brought me down to my knees....i got proof that I can not explain.

Lol, I know how you feel. I had given myself a diploma in non-attachment and was embracing the bliss and freedom that comes along with that. Then.... Ouch

It's like... Okay... Spend years disciplining yourself and some mess like this comes along.

But - they also say the last "battle with Mara" is epic. I'm assuming this is mine. And doing my diligence to see it as a product of our illusory world that seeks to entice our longing/ideological imprisonment.

Cause it is... A beasty one.
Old 19-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Experiencer

I know plenty of logic-minded people working in technical and scientific fields who would never step foot in a forum like this, yet here you are. Honestly it sounds to me like you don't want the twin flame "hypothesis" to be real because it doesn't align with what you are experiencing in your own deep connection to someone. There was a time I posted here and said I'd had it, that I wasn't sure I believed anymore, etc. But like so many others here, I had NO choice but to believe it. It has brought me to my knees as well and caused in me the deepest pain and the most intense elation, and in him as well. I know because he has shared this with me after a time, it took him quite some time to open up. He's a really technical person, brilliant actually, high school drop out, completely self taught and making six figures. Yet he has said many things to me in the past 6 months of our two years together that were BLATANT understandings of the twin flame connection. It has blown his mind too, the man who couldn't be bothered with women, drama, love, ethereal things, supernatural things, finally got it. He didn't have a choice in the matter either. When you think about someone who is your twin 24-7 for years, you are going to eventually come to an understanding that this is something incredible, truly spiritual, you realize you are "home" with that person, against your ego and your primitive self's massive and relentless protests, you both know you are bonded spiritually and nothing and no one can ever break that bond. No one who knows him ever expected this to happen to him. He was single forever. And no one expected me to stick with this person while he worked through his fears and ran, but I did, because I couldn't not, and believe me I tried. I took trips, I slept with others, and all it taught me was that I was abusing myself by trying to deny the bond.

He finally surrendered, he realized he didn't want to lose me, not because he feared not finding anyone as good as me, but because he loved me like he never even knew was possible. Things are really great now but it was a long, painful journey to getting to where we could both completely trust in the connection and allow ourselves to be vulnerable. We had so many of the classic signs and synchronicities it's not even funny, to the point that I mapped our addresses and the lines between our houses were a perfect mirror image. We frequently text at the same exact time after having not texted all day. And we have incredible, consuming passion because it is our souls that are trying to make love, and well I suppose they are, but there is a hunger there that is something otherworldly. I was married for a decade and had lots of relationships under my belt. He and I are both single parents, around 40 years old, and I can tell you this is something else, he IS my twin flame. We both know we are each other's strengths and weaknesses and together we are amazing, and we both recognize we can and must continue to let go of our fears and doubts and just love. Those who understand us know we are beyond soulmates. I have been posting here in my darkest hours, this is no picnic, but it can end in something truly awe-inspiring for those who are not afraid. It took us awhile, but we are not afraid anymore, and we are the love of each other's life. Best way I can describe it. It is real.
Old 19-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz614
I know plenty of logic-minded people working in technical and scientific fields who would never step foot in a forum like this, yet here you are. Honestly it sounds to me like you don't want the twin flame "hypothesis" to be real because it doesn't align with what you are experiencing in your own deep connection to someone. There was a time I posted here and said I'd had it, that I wasn't sure I believed anymore, etc. But like so many others here, I had NO choice but to believe it. It has brought me to my knees as well and caused in me the deepest pain and the most intense elation, and in him as well. I know because he has shared this with me after a time, it took him quite some time to open up. He's a really technical person, brilliant actually, high school drop out, completely self taught and making six figures. Yet he has said many things to me in the past 6 months of our two years together that were BLATANT understandings of the twin flame connection. It has blown his mind too, the man who couldn't be bothered with women, drama, love, ethereal things, supernatural things, finally got it. He didn't have a choice in the matter either. When you think about someone who is your twin 24-7 for years, you are going to eventually come to an understanding that this is something incredible, truly spiritual, you realize you are "home" with that person, against your ego and your primitive self's massive and relentless protests, you both know you are bonded spiritually and nothing and no one can ever break that bond. No one who knows him ever expected this to happen to him. He was single forever. And no one expected me to stick with this person while he worked through his fears and ran, but I did, because I couldn't not, and believe me I tried. I took trips, I slept with others, and all it taught me was that I was abusing myself by trying to deny the bond.

He finally surrendered, he realized he didn't want to lose me, not because he feared not finding anyone as good as me, but because he loved me like he never even knew was possible. Things are really great now but it was a long, painful journey to getting to where we could both completely trust in the connection and allow ourselves to be vulnerable. We had so many of the classic signs and synchronicities it's not even funny, to the point that I mapped our addresses and the lines between our houses were a perfect mirror image. We frequently text at the same exact time after having not texted all day. And we have incredible, consuming passion because it is our souls that are trying to make love, and well I suppose they are, but there is a hunger there that is something otherworldly. I was married for a decade and had lots of relationships under my belt. He and I are both single parents, around 40 years old, and I can tell you this is something else, he IS my twin flame. We both know we are each other's strengths and weaknesses and together we are amazing, and we both recognize we can and must continue to let go of our fears and doubts and just love. Those who understand us know we are beyond soulmates. I have been posting here in my darkest hours, this is no picnic, but it can end in something truly awe-inspiring for those who are not afraid. It took us awhile, but we are not afraid anymore, and we are the love of each other's life. Best way I can describe it. It is real.

Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing. :)