Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 17-05-2016, 08:22 AM
Master
Timelessness

For whom there is no “this is mine”
Nor anything like “that is theirs”
Not even finding “self-ness,” he
Does not grieve at “I have nothing.”

Part verse from the Attadanda Sutta.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 17-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Master
I am coming back to share my thoughts (another time) on this I found today. Just so you know I am not starting another thread like Floatsy's posting tons of stuff ongoing..hehe

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 17-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Guide
lol.
Imho, timelessness is a funny thing. Reading it I'm like oh, yeah! but it's a whole 'nother ballpark in experiencing it. Very fun!
Old 18-05-2016, 12:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
lol.
Imho, timelessness is a funny thing. Reading it I'm like oh, yeah! but it's a whole 'nother ballpark in experiencing it. Very fun!

And what would a black sheep know about all this?

For goodness sake if your going to say you know your experiencing this, just say what it is your experiencing, not that it is just fun.

Tell the world what you know? Tell me? You just might help me open to share my own that I just cant find words until someone triggers me to flow from there.

So go ahead don't be a black sheep, be a purple one instead?

I don't place things down lightly. I want to deepen my awareness when I do, so if your game go for it.

I spin the bottle and it landed on you black sheep..hehehe

Maybe you just want to hold onto it and not spill your ba ba ba's..

Old 18-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Guide
Ha ha, you're so direct. I like it.
Sure, I'll bleat.
Quote:
And what would a black sheep know about all this?
I like to play around a bit, err, not very conventional, kinda dance on the precipice of conventional reality, sometimes one falls off the cliff and timelessness happens.

Okay, so imhe, there are many ways to experience timelessness either soft(more akin to time dilation) or hard(full immersion, absolute no time). There are some ways where it's easier say in hard/solid Insight or Jhana practice(standing, walking, sitting, etc), OBE, and other alternate means(shamanistic, chanting, contemplation, etc.).

Quote:
Tell the world what you know? Tell me? You just might help me open to share my own that I just cant find words until someone triggers me to flow from there.

I'll share my experiences as best as I can. It's still something I'm in the process of mastering, you know easing into it, learn to navigate in and out, at will, etc. So yeah, fun, lots to explore/be, a very refreshing state.

Personally I found it easier to um...ease into it as timelessness in the true sense of the word(as I know it, cause I could just be diluting myself) as it has nothing to "grab" onto if that makes sense. So time dilation, then jump off the cliff into timelessness, though personally speaking, by that point all sense of physical forms have gone by the wayside. So it accompanies, no time, no space, no up, nor down, no sense of in or out, no me, no not me, dark nor light, yet it's familiar, pre-birth, homey, it's as if time was a creation, or illusion and that timelessness isn't something outside of yourself.

Time dilation has that nuance of timelessness as well, but it's "softer," whereas timelessness is earth-shattering. At least for me it was. Does that makes sense? For all intents and purposes, time dilation can have a sense of timelessness(which can also be fun to play with). I can elaborate if you care, but don't want to flood with text walls or tl:dr so trying to keep it short here. :P

So you, how you say, share your own. Do you have any more links to the texts discussing timelessness, sounds like a fun read.
Old 19-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
Ha ha, you're so direct. I like it.
Sure, I'll bleat.

I am sorry, I cant help myself. But I can be indirect too so look out..lol.
I like a good bleat so tucking in now to read this...

Quote:
I like to play around a bit, err, not very conventional, kinda dance on the precipice of conventional reality, sometimes one falls off the cliff and timelessness happens.

Yes yes...this is it..Me likes it, that feels familiar in me.

Quote:
Okay, so imhe, there are many ways to experience timelessness either soft(more akin to time dilation) or hard(full immersion, absolute no time). There are some ways where it's easier say in hard/solid Insight or Jhana practice(standing, walking, sitting, etc), OBE, and other alternate means(shamanistic, chanting, contemplation, etc.).

Yes I am following you, not sheepishly of course, very aware of where your bleating from..

Quote:
I'll share my experiences as best as I can. It's still something I'm in the process of mastering, you know easing into it, learn to navigate in and out, at will, etc. So yeah, fun, lots to explore/be, a very refreshing state.

Coolio I like explorer's and I love your avatar that says a lot about your nature..
Quote:
Personally I found it easier to um...ease into it as timelessness in the true sense of the word(as I know it, cause I could just be diluting myself) as it has nothing to "grab" onto if that makes sense. So time dilation, then jump off the cliff into timelessness, though personally speaking, by that point all sense of physical forms have gone by the wayside. So it accompanies, no time, no space, no up, nor down, no sense of in or out, no me, no not me, dark nor light, yet it's familiar, pre-birth, homey, it's as if time was a creation, or illusion and that timelessness isn't something outside of yourself.

Yes it does make sense. Yes that's how I would relate it.

Quote:
Time dilation has that nuance of timelessness as well, but it's "softer," whereas timelessness is earth-shattering. At least for me it was. Does that makes sense? For all intents and purposes, time dilation can have a sense of timelessness(which can also be fun to play with). I can elaborate if you care, but don't want to flood with text walls or tl:dr so trying to keep it short here. :P

Yes please elaborate because I wish to know more and understand something I am only seeing in part with what your showing.
Quote:
So you, how you say, share your own. Do you have any more links to the texts discussing timelessness, sounds like a fun read.

I do and I think when you elaborate more I will be able to share how I experience this. You know when your moving through something in articulation but the piece you require to build it more complete has not entered your timelessness space, to bring it out? Well this is one of those times...or timelessness times..lol

And I will find the links to that short piece if I can..I am a hopeless intuitive who dances in timelessness more often than not so things get lost in space most often..

Old 19-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Master
Mr. Wolf is hungry
Old 19-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Mr. Wolf is hungry

What the heck...

Old 19-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Guide
Quote:
I am sorry, I cant help myself. But I can be indirect too so look out..lol.
No biggie, or apologies necessary. I've been told by quite a few people, that I'm way too direct, so find it funny(in a good way) to bump into someone who likes to dive right in. Plus I like how creative you are writing, very fun.

Quote:
Quote:

Yes please elaborate because I wish to know more and understand something I am only seeing in part with what your showing.
With time dilation, I noticed that in each moment, of countless moments, one can experience a moment in eternity. These windows in time dilation, when you dive in, can give you, say a glimpse in timelessness. Eventually if you play around enough, it's seems like an inevitable slide ride into timelessness.

So say, in walking noticing your steps, or just observing feelings as they arise and pass there are spaces, spaces between thoughts, between actions, even in noticing your physical body, there is space.

In noticing the space, I um..noticed that I could push into that space(mentally direct attention like a flashlight to that space), in doing so that space opened up(akin to a 3d expanse either within, in relation to observing body sensations, or without in observing say music, sounds, physical actions), in exploring that space, it has a timeless quality to it, but still a subtle sense of space, time, etc., It's not a far hop to that timelessness quality from there. It may seem like there is fumbling at first, but found that there is a definite correlation or 'map' to how read various internal signs, as a guide to go back again and again to such state.

With enough mental training(mindfulness/awareness & concentration/honing the mental flashlight from an incandescent bulb to a flashlight then a laser), it provides the framework to cut through the fabric of reality, irregardless of physical actions(walking, sitting, even working, or going about life). When you place your mind's attention on this space, let's see if I can describe it adequately, and condensed...it's as if you pierce through the illusion of time, time seems to slow down, different experiences may arise depending on the conduit of focus(such as physical actions, music, internal states, etc.)

Quote:
You know when your moving through something in articulation but the piece you require to build it more complete has not entered your timelessness space, to bring it out? Well this is one of those times...or timelessness times..lol
Makes sense. Sometimes it feels like thoughts float around, abstract shapes, textures, sounds, and by grabbing them, shaping them, it builds them into the words we know, then we can speak or write but before then, well. Observing thoughts is a good way to experience both timelessness and time dilation.

Gotta run, I hope it makes sense, if not just let me know. I look forward to your linkies.

Quote:
Mr. Wolf is hungry
lol, I hope you like mutton.
Old 21-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Master
I am coming back to this Black sheep, I have forgotten and I am interested to absorb more of your sharing. Just I am off to the beach to relax for a few days..

See you when I get back.