Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-06-2020, 01:03 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
very well said. We all have to keep chugging along. When time has passed, improvements are made and lessons are learned by all it will be a better time. Some of the most important lessons are the hardest.
Perhaps time has already passed. Perhaps better and worse times all already exist. Perhaps it is we who need to learn those lessons and improve our ability to navigate along those chains of cause and effect.

Anyway, if you do learn how to navigate better, I am pretty sure there is a cheese ball at the end of many of the chains, you just need to figure out how to get there.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:05 PM
Master

I believe that when you say / accept statements (slogans) like "no pain, no gain", "important lessons are the hardest", "we all have to keep chugging along", "suffering makes you stronger", and such, you bring those into your reality. I advise against!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:47 PM
Master

Another bad one ...
“You don’t realize how happy you are until you’ve been sad.”,
or “You’re never happy until you have been sad.”
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:17 AM
Elfin

Hello. And yes , being spiritual can be a very lonely business. Very very lonely. For me I wanted to shout it from the rooftops for all the world to hear. But I knew no-one would listen. I would advise that you have that moment of warmth within yourself with the special knowledge that you feel, you know. And with that comes the knowing that in a way you are forewarned, prepared for changes that are about to come.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:37 PM
Pathfinder
I live by two basic principles:

God has a plan and God's plan is good and Mother Nature does not make mistakes.

By adhering to these principles, regardless of the truth or falsity of it, what it does is allow me to relax and trust in the process of what is occurring.

I feel very blessed and fortunate indeed that not only has this crisis given me an opportunity to reflect more and develop my self-awareness it also is revealing and making it known to A LOT of people all the systemic problems within society that need to be worked on and improved. I think this is a wonderful blessing and will result in better tomorrow for us all.

I don't know if many people here know of Jane Roberts and the Seth Materials but there's a wonderful reading that is on Youtube by Brian Scott called Jane Robert - Seth on Pandemics and Viruses. You'll have to search the title because this forum won't enable me to post links yet.

HTH
Old 09-06-2020, 03:29 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictoria
I live by two basic principles:

God has a plan and God's plan is good and Mother Nature does not make mistakes.

By adhering to these principles, regardless of the truth or falsity of it, what it does is allow me to relax and trust in the process of what is occurring.

I feel very blessed and fortunate indeed that not only has this crisis given me an opportunity to reflect more and develop my self-awareness it also is revealing and making it known to A LOT of people all the systemic problems within society that need to be worked on and improved. I think this is a wonderful blessing and will result in better tomorrow for us all.

I don't know if many people here know of Jane Roberts and the Seth Materials but there's a wonderful reading that is on Youtube by Brian Scott called Jane Robert - Seth on Pandemics and Viruses. You'll have to search the title because this forum won't enable me to post links yet.

HTH

I agree so much, as challenging as this global situation may get, it bears with it such unique spiritual opportunities for the collective consciousness
Old 09-06-2020, 05:25 PM
Pathfinder
I'm watching the news this morning and by watching the news I mean Seth Meyers and Trevor Noah. Thank goodness for comedians, without them I don't know how I could absorb and process all the violence, injustice and insanity that is occurring in my country.

After watching the videos of all the violence and police brutality that is happening to people who are peacefully protesting and even journalists and members of the press who are just there to report on the events my heart grew very heavy and as the tears rolled down my face I felt an overwhelming feeling of compassion emanating from my heart.

My compassion is not just for those being brutalized and victimized but also for those police officers who are doing the brutalizing and victimizing because those officers will have to live with the guilt and horror of the acts they have committed against their fellow human beings for the rest of their lives.

The reason the police are acting this way is because they have no accountability and a person who has no accountability for their karma, for their actions is truly lost. Whereas the the people being victimized may be hurt, maimed and unjustly jailed or imprisoned they have the understanding that one should be accountable for ones actions and therefore even if their bodies are hurt and broken they are at a spiritually much better place then those committing the violence and their trauma serves a much higher purpose.

As awakened beings it is our duty to dwell in a state of inner peace and if we come to place where we can maintain that inner peace then it is our job to teach others how to find inner peace within themselves. This is the way of the bodhisattva and we are ALL bodhisattvas because we have all chosen to enter into life in our human forms and we are all here to teach the lesson of inner peace whether it's through wisdom and understanding or through fear and ignorance. We all come into this world veiled in ignorance and unknowing about the true nature of our Eternal Oneness and it is through the lessons of life that we learn to reconnect to our Source Energy and illuminate the world.

Only through inner peace can there be world peace.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:52 PM
Master

Many read Seth, few understand and apply it.

Everybody watches only the news and the shows that confirm their views, and form a more and more distorted view of the reality.

Seth said:
"A generation that hates war will not bring peace. A generation that loves peace will bring peace."
—Seth Speaks Chapter 12: Session 550, September 28, 1970"
Old 09-06-2020, 07:59 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictoria
I'm watching the news this morning and by watching the news I mean Seth Meyers and Trevor Noah. Thank goodness for comedians, without them I don't know how I could absorb and process all the violence, injustice and insanity that is occurring in my country.

After watching the videos of all the violence and police brutality that is happening to people who are peacefully protesting and even journalists and members of the press who are just there to report on the events my heart grew very heavy and as the tears rolled down my face I felt an overwhelming feeling of compassion emanating from my heart.

My compassion is not just for those being brutalized and victimized but also for those police officers who are doing the brutalizing and victimizing because those officers will have to live with the guilt and horror of the acts they have committed against their fellow human beings for the rest of their lives.

The reason the police are acting this way is because they have no accountability and a person who has no accountability for their karma, for their actions is truly lost. Whereas the the people being victimized may be hurt, maimed and unjustly jailed or imprisoned they have the understanding that one should be accountable for ones actions and therefore even if their bodies are hurt and broken they are at a spiritually much better place then those committing the violence and their trauma serves a much higher purpose.

As awakened beings it is our duty to dwell in a state of inner peace and if we come to place where we can maintain that inner peace then it is our job to teach others how to find inner peace within themselves. This is the way of the bodhisattva and we are ALL bodhisattvas because we have all chosen to enter into life in our human forms and we are all here to teach the lesson of inner peace whether it's through wisdom and understanding or through fear and ignorance. We all come into this world veiled in ignorance and unknowing about the true nature of our Eternal Oneness and it is through the lessons of life that we learn to reconnect to our Source Energy and illuminate the world.

Only through inner peace can there be world peace.

Very good point. Many have compassion and try to have empathy for the victims, but few do so for the perpetrator. Even if some try to have compassion for those brutal police officers, few would think it appropriate to try to have empathy for them. But I think it is as important for me to try to have empathy for a perpetrator as it is for the victim, lest I go off trying to seek justice for the victims, and end up becoming a perpetrator myself.

I think the police are doing these things because they have come to believe in the rightness of their actions, even if they believe that the rest of society naively disapproves. But I suppose nobody every really thinks they are truly doing evil, even when they know society condemns their actions as evil, they don't see it that way. It seems to me the professions we choose often have dramatic effects on the persons we become. Police officers are regularly placed into a position where they are expected to deal with the ones who are committing acts of wrong or 'evil'. Those we generally consider to be the perpetrator of immoral acts and violence, the darker aspects of human nature. One of the challenges we all face is to live among so much sorrow, pain, and evil in the world and not give into it and become evil ourselves. Police officers are exposed to that evil much more often then most of us who "call the cops" when we see it going on and "let them handle it". We all build and continuously rebuild our picture of the world based on the experiences we have. I think it would be a difficult thing to witness the world in the way a police officer does and not have it darken ones picture of the world and humanity to one extent or another. Throw in the corrupting influence that power and authority is known to have on an individual, and the us v. them, battle field mentality that often develops among a police force, and it is not hard to see how all of it could have a negative effect on an individual. It is a sad thing that some who take up a profession because they may wish to serve society, protect it against 'evil', and ensure that those who perpetrate such acts are brought to justice, only to succumb to that dark and evil view of the world themselves and end up perpetrating acts of evil in the belief it is serving justice.

"Only through inner peace can there be world peace." Very true.
"No justice, no peace." is a popular chant among the protesters. Perhaps it works in reverse as well. Inner peace is necessary if one wishes to understand what justice really means and a heart filled with fear and darkness cannot know peace. Perhaps for the sake of perspective if nothing else, we need to have empathy and compassion first, before deciding what 'evil' is and what 'justice' demands.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Marin Luther King Jr.