Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-02-2024, 04:02 PM
Master
QUOTE 8 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00

There is a saying by Meher Baba in this regard, " A mind that is fast is sick. A mind that is slow is sound. A mind that is still is divine."

I love that one !
Old 16-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Master
No one has ever experienced this? Finding yourself everywhere?

"Give your attention to the experience of seeing rather than to the object seen
and you will find yourself everywhere."
-Rupert Spira

Last edited by Ewwerrin : 16-02-2024 at 05:30 AM.
Old 16-02-2024, 08:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
No one has ever experienced this? Finding yourself everywhere?

It is just a state of perception without any filters.

You can go to the beach to watch the beautiful sunset. However, if you are not careful, you might get unconsciously identified with the inner monologue and miss the sunset even as it is happening. And then drive home feeling stale and empty.

If you are careful to be mindful and aware, you will be in touch with present moment reality and witness the sunset in its beauty and totality. And then drive home feeling full and fresh.

So this is dualistic and nondual states of perception in brief.

The op in this thread deals with this subject very well.

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=121178

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 16-02-2024, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
It is just a state of...
... showthread.php?t=121178[/url]
TLDR: Question Bellow in Bold.

Thanks for reply. What you said is wonderful. I love that. Being on the beach is always a special and beautiful and mind awakening and awareness expanding experience.

I experienced this quote one or two times in my life when I was feeling very good emotionally. I felt really high or light and weightless or effortless. And I could feeeeel the consciousness of everything around me. Celebrating with no end. Every single thing, all the way miles into the distance, I could feel all the collectives and the individuals and it was an ongoing extacy of celebration of all the endless many consciousness'.

That's why I asked how it feels to you or anyone here in this thread. Because to me it felt really good. And I was wondering if anyone experienced this in feeling very good aswell.

And whenever I feel very good, this always happens. I become aware of all the energy and consciousness all around me. Even trees. Even walls celebrating being themselves. And how they interact with our awareness of them.

It's impossible to explain. It feels like you said, perception without filters. My joy opened my awareness to expand miles into the distance. While if I dont feel joyful, my awareness may even be in the mind alone.

Would you say that this "filterless perception" always is accompanied by very high flying good feeling emotions like joy?

I never intended on experiencing that. I just focused on feeling as good as I can possibly feel. And the filterless perception came with it appearantly.

But also sometimes it's synchronisity that causes me to click into a multidimensional experience of transcendance. But that happened only one time or maybe two.

Anyway, these are all rare experiences, and they all share the same fact. I felt very good when I had them. Is this so for you aswell? Or can you feel neutral and still have a filterless perception?

Anyone is more than welcome to share their thoughts on this. I'm eagerly awaiting a response.
Old 17-02-2024, 06:51 AM
Master

Quote:

I experienced this quote one or two times in my life when I was feeling very good emotionally.

In the yogic tradition, emotional peaks or contentment results in high levels of prana or life energy, also known as chi in chinese and ki in japanese.

The high levels of prana raises or expands the consciousness simultaneously, and you may have experienced the nondual or unitary perception as a consequence.

Thank you for stating your experience here as it is informative.

Usually this state is experienced through meditation, selfless service, prana inputs from a spiritual teacher or personal practice , austerities, self-inquiry, total love, being in midst of nature and so on.

Quote:
And I was wondering if anyone experienced this in feeling very good as well. .

Yeah, it obviously feels very good,and quite superior to any form of sensory or intellectual pleasures.

Quote:
I never intended on experiencing that. I just focused on feeling as good as I can possibly feel.

Yes, this appears to be a serendipitous experience for you. I have come across other people having similar experiences and seeking explanation for the same.

Quote:

Anyway, these are all rare experiences, and they all share the same fact. I felt very good when I had them.

The challenge then is to make it a constant experience rather than a rare experience.

The nondual state is considered to be very auspicious and healthy, and productive of positive energies and vibrations, which benefit you, nature and those around you for the better.

If you reproduce this state at will and be at a high, you will lose any addictions you may have, such as intoxicants or chemical dependents. If you lose your dependents, it means you are getting stronger and independent.

The nondual state is also your natural state, so you should be able to access it whenever you want.

Eckhart Tolle used to liken people unaware of their natural state to beggars sitting ignorantly on top of a treasure chest, and seeking pennies from passerbys.

You can also liken it to having a few million dollars in your bank account and forgetting the ATM password to access it.

Quote:
Is this so for you aswell? Or can you feel neutral and still have a filterless perception?

Yes, there are many ways to access the nondual state and not just prana/chi increase by emotional peaks/contentment.

But this is also a good way for anyone to transmute their emotional energies to constructive channels.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 18-02-2024, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
In the yogic...
... energies to constructive channels.
That is very interesting. Thank you.
Old 18-02-2024, 09:30 PM
Master
When you find yourself everywhere there are no emotions, no thoughts, or expression; but in my experience of cosmic consciousness I felt tremendous love and an incredible lightness. Basically, when you find yourself everywhere nothing is objective because you are everywhere. You are not reacting to anything, or analyzing anything; there are no emotional or mental reactions or expressions. At least not in the experiences which I have had.

I have shared here on this form many times how I lost my eyesight and was totally blind for 5-years. When I was blind to this world I still had awareness and my awareness expanded to my other senses. I learned then, that even with eyesight, we may look at things with our eyes but we will only see them with our awareness, and our awareness definitely can expand. Simply put; something can be right in front of us, and we may be looking at it, and not see it until someone else points it out.

Sight is attached to perception which gives us perspective. As awareness grows, or expands, perception grows and expands, and perspective changes. I also view Rupert Spira as very insightful. The word “insight” is an extension of outer sight, but when you have no outer sight, as I experienced, you will still have inner sight which can help in growing our awareness. Time gives us the opportunity to grow on every level. Looking at the stars in a night sky shows us a larger picture, so does expanding our awareness. In my opinion.
Old 18-02-2024, 10:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
... in my experience of cosmic consciousness I felt tremendous love and an incredible lightness. ...
That is exactly how I felt. Very good feeling emotion and allot of "lightness". Very free feeling and expansive.

But why then do you also say that you did not have emotions? Or do you mean your emotions were not a result of something, because that I can agree with. Unconditional love/joy. That's definitely what I felt to be the core resonating nature of everything and me. The connective tissue and core center of all things. The foundational nature or source of all of it. The spirit of unconditional love/joy.

Without that emotional, energy motional, feeling or vibrational translation of core resonance, I never experienced expansive awareness, while feeling no emotion.

You have?
And what was it like, if you did experience expanded awareness without emotion?

Cause my 5 senses, as vibrational translators, were perhaps enhanced, or not, but the 6th sense of vibrational translator as emotions, were definitely enhanced. The emotional sense that indicates the vibrational relativity between me and my greater non-physical consciousness, which is always fully connected/aligned with God Source Consciousess.
And what came with that high flying emotion, was an expanded awareness, because it was the ultimate connection between all things.

If you truely mean, you felt no emotion and had an expanded awareness, what was that like?
Old 19-02-2024, 02:10 AM
Master
Hi Ewwerrin, conditional love is an emotion, because it is based on reactive conditions, but in my experience unconditional love is not an emotion, because it is there regardless of conditions; now how a person may react to unconditional love that’s another matter. I am just talking about my experience and attempting to describe what is beyond description. But I’ll try anyway, from my perspective emotion is part of our central nervous system, while awareness may transcend our nervous system.

Experiences are not the words which we use rather experience stand alone on its own and we humans apply words to our experiences based on our spoken language. Joy has a very rich and thick presence which stands on its own without an emotional reaction. So maybe the distinction is between emotions and feelings.

Feelings may be how we interpret emotion, or to say it another way, emotions are sensations and feelings are how we interact with those sensations. One is a flow of energy and the other is a reaction to that flow. Some people are said to be too emotional when actually they may just be hypersensitive to emotions.

Some people may say they can’t feel anything regardless of the emotional sensations which may be present. I am sure others may have a different take on differences between feelings and emotions. So I was simply talking about expanded awareness beyond emotional sensations, which is my experience; I should have said this from the beginning.
Old 19-02-2024, 03:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Hi Ewwerrin, conditional love is an...
... from the beginning.
Hey starman,

Thanks.

I still don't know what the experience is like tho.
What kind of expanded awareness did you have? What was it like.
And if its beyond emotions, was there emotions while you were beyond it, or did you mean no emotion was present at all and your awareness was expanded.

Sorry if I ask too much. I'm very curious about this and would love to hear your experience of it.

Thank you.