Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-11-2023, 03:10 PM
Master
I remember once coming out of a bar and just about everybody in the bar followed me out. I guess they wanted to see if I could still get on my motorcycle.

Back then, when I rode a motorcycle, about the only messages I would get is that I couldn't get hurt or die so I lived my life based on that.

I remember the day that I gave up riding my motorcycle and then sold it: I knew that things had changed. I was going to make a left hand turn when something told me to stop which I did. Coming over the hill behind was a Sheriff deputy doing a blood run (transporting blood from county to county) for a hospital. He was going over 100 MPH (160KPH) in the wrong lane which meant if I had made the left hand turn: he would have broad sided me. About 10-15 minutes prior, he had pulled me over for crossing a solid line and not having a motorcycle license. I didn't get any tickets and I departed on my merry way.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-11-2023, 03:30 PM
Master

Wow the things we got away with in those days lol
Old 26-11-2023, 04:05 PM
Master
LOL!

I used to love hydroplaning on my motorcycle. It was so much fun.

The beauty of youth. What happened?
Are we going to end up like our parents? LOL!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-11-2023, 04:24 AM
Master
My partner tells me he was a heavy handed drinker in his thirties/forties mainly. He has shared he could have gone down the path of alcoholism, but gave up more entirely, when we met. He was still drinking a few and when I witnessed the changes in him with drink, it only confirmed what I’ve always thought. Our underlying ‘needs’ or ‘suppressed needs’ usually show their face when drinking, we get more comfortable, to be the person we silently hold down. I’ve never liked behaviours in drinkers, especially when they fake all that without drink. As far as ‘interference’ goes according to your thoughts, anything we consume, smoke inhale, etc etc..doesn’t really allow you to know yourself without it. So try it and see. Then stop and notice. That way you’ll compare yourself to yourself.

My partner and I had a convo about people who have to have that one glass a day. My argument with him, was it’s not the drink that you need to look at, but the need behind it, that’s directing the choice. He claimed one a night is fine, it wouldn’t do harm, but I felt in his energy, an old pattern of protection in himself. What arose then, was him getting uptight thinking others might think, he has addictive behaviours. I think ex drinkers when they consume a glass here and there, could potentially justify their choice as ‘not a problem’, but I think knowing previously how it was a problem and where it could lead, one would be more inclined if clear of underlying needs, to respond with awareness that any need to have, is a potential void within and how you feel about that void, determines so much.
Old 28-11-2023, 11:47 AM
Glenda

Got so inspiring words from here.
Old 28-11-2023, 10:09 PM
Master
Well that convo my partner and I had, really did open up his feelings. He very courageously shared while driving yesterday he noticed some severe aggravation arise in himself. In his job he is driving so he was confined to the vehicle.. where he couldn’t escape himself. He let it be there and he said by the afternoon he felt lighter and clear.

He saw a dead eagle on the road and he even shared about his anger at ‘what if’ of that eagles death. His view was of some speeding driver, who without a care run it down, that scene he created opened some old wounds…The eagles death, helped to bring it all up and out..

What was interesting was as we said goodbye yesterday, I did say, keep your eyes out for eagles today..
Old 29-11-2023, 12:38 AM
Master

i like alchohol just a little, as it loosens me up. But I don't drink much, my 'near twin' made me overdose on it in some past life where I had just been boozing around... apparently i used to do that a lot lol.... and now it isn't very comfortable to drink alchohol... besides there is the fact of my medications...

that said, some of the things people say around me make me wonder if I'm not somehow drunk anyway? Or just so used to being drunk I can't shake it? OR maybe they are? Problem with my life is I don't have much solid to stand on I never can get a 'true' picture of whatever is happening around me lol...
Old 29-11-2023, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
My partner tells me he was a heavy handed drinker
That's right. For me, one and two here and there is not a problem, but I'm not the same as other people who stop drinking because the 'just one more' mentality has gone. Other people don't lose that, so just one a day becomes two sometimes, and sometimes three, and sometimes a lot.

If it's the occasional tipple, which is what I do, just at Christmas or something, everything's fine, but I think most ex addicts still want more and I'm one the rare ones for whom the whole thing with intoxicants has ended.

I wish I knew why or how so I could let other people know how to do it, but I don't know how it happened. I just have zero interest in intoxication and I don't even think about it anymore.
Old 29-11-2023, 08:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i
that said, some of the things people say around me make me wonder if I'm not somehow drunk anyway? Or just so used to being drunk I can't shake it? OR maybe they are? ...

What are they saying that would make them think that?
Old 29-11-2023, 08:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I wish I knew why or how so I could let other people know how to do it, but I don't know how it happened. I just have zero interest in intoxication and I don't even think about it anymore.

Maybe bad experiences and enough knowledge helps? I don't know, not much of a drinker anyway.

When I do drink somewhere, so it's not at home, I usually have to drive, and that certainly prevents me from having that third drink. Another reason is that dizziness isn't fun. And another reason is you'll feel horrible the next day. You've also damaged your teeth and your body. There's enough reasons to not drink at all. Even in small moderation it is risky and a gamble. Some people are casual smokers, but every time you do that you can mess yourself up, you don't have to be an addict for that.

Even moderation is bad, and knowing that might help keep distance.