Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-07-2023, 09:24 AM
irisa

Finally...a little obe

Finally...

Since about 5 months ago i started meditating again. I´m only progressing slowly. But what is slowly? Since maybe 2 months i seemed to have sort of established silence ´somewhere´. Sounds weird, i know, but it means that i (ego) still can go crazy with all kinds of thinking, but when i sit down i am in that silence without any effort.
Yesterday evening i had been meditating again...for almost two hours i think. My head fell over numerous times, but all of a sudden it felt like something literally clicked inside me and i sat straight and was sort of in a higher state.
After meditating i lay down on the couch and was almost asleep as i felt i was slowly leaving my body. My upper body was already out and it felt like someone was dragging my feet out. Now, for years already i so much want to succeed in an obe (in being aware when it happens), but i´ve always been too scared. In a dream i even experienced the split in myself...the anxious part and the one that wants to roam free.
In the last couple of months i´ve also been getting to know my/the ego better and better. Learned how much of an influence the ego has in/on my life. I have had moments where i got so angry at ego, realising that that anger was also coming from the ego, lol...it is really weird when that happens.
But...yesterday, while feeling that i am leaving my body, feeling anxiety about it, i thought, (felt like i almost screamed it): ´No! Not this time.´Now it´s my time!´ it felt i came out with force. I, so badly wanted to succeed...but even more, wanted to be in charge...I drifted through the living room. But something felt like not completely right. I floated on my back. It felt like i was not floating on my own, because it felt like someones hands were around my ankles and that (person?) was dragging me along.

Still this doesn´t feel like being free. When you get out of your body...is it you experiencing from the soul or still the ego or both? Because, the intensity with which i wanted to get out my body this time...i don´t think the soul will react like this?!

Possible still thinking to much...
Old 23-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Master

Happened to me many times in the beginning to feel like someone was pulling me and spinning me around, usually holding me on one of the ankles. The thing is that there was no one there even though I felt a presence, right? I suppose it's the mind going haywire, I mean, you are leaving the physical body, consciously, that is something that not many can do. Talk with the day to day man and will think you are nuts.

I was dragged by my arm, dragged by my ankle, pulled outside my body by a force, pulled outside my body by a wire that was connecting "me" with the body, and so on and so forth, all sorts of experiences.

"Head falling over" is a really good sign you entered in deep states of meditation, I am at a point where my whole body "falls over", usually floating to the right side, at which point I know I am leaving the body but still have to deal with the fear.

I propose something else, instead to deal with the ego and things like that, look at things as they are, realize that we are playing with concepts, good, bad, ego, and so on and so forth, all happens in one's mind, dissolve these concepts and you are left with that which is, pure beingness, pure awareness.

You will get to experience that incredible sense of freedom, no worries.
Old 24-07-2023, 04:56 PM
irisa

Hi,

thanks for you reply!

I know it would be better to not think so much about the ego...it only keeps the mind more busy.

I did have (almost) obe´s/lucid dreams years ago, but it happened when i was not aware.

I think i am a little bit frustrated lol. About 20 years ago i had an awakening (i think kundalini) after only maybe max 5 meditations. My life changed almost overnight..but i got scared.

Now i meditating for a couple of moths and things go very slow...i am not that patient )especially not with myself.. )
After this little obe i had a dream:
I was in a hotelroom...my hotelroom. My mother was there as well...she´s going to stay for a night with me. There was a bed, that i slept in...and a sleepingcouch. I asked which one she wanted to sleep in. She took the couch and i wanted to make it ready for her. All the time there was no light in the hotelroom. When i stood in front of the couch i suddenly couldn´t see anything...was blind and i told my mother about it. I wasn´t scared (had that before my awaking 20 years ago as well, but then 3 times in one dream: was a very special dream).
After being blind, i suddenly saw those black and white pixels like on tv and a few seconds later i saw a map. Then i woke up...

Back then this is how i started to ´see´ with i guess the third eye...it started with black and white pixels, then geometric shapes and then all kinds of things.

So i think sort of an awakening might be on its way again...and when that happens, i think the possibility of having obe´s will increase...
Old 24-07-2023, 05:33 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisa
Back then this is how i started to ´see´ with i guess the third eye...it started with black and white pixels, then geometric shapes and then all kinds of things.
This is good, it's a trance stage, very healing for the 3rd eye indeed.

Quote:
Yesterday evening i had been meditating again...for almost two hours i think. My head fell over numerous times
After meditating i lay down on the couch and was almost asleep as i felt i was slowly leaving my body.
There's different versions of "leaving the body", you can leave it with your consciousness only, or with your astral body, there's also a dissolution / oneness possible (being nowhere and everywhere).
With the astral I don't know anything almost, ThatMan is good at it.

Leaving with my consciousness, I do it when I meditate, sitting position. It takes quite a lot of practice. If my head falls over (it happened a few times), I'm usually in the jungle and I've never had great experiences, except strange meetings with snakes.
When I meditate laying down, that's when I have healing sessions (body asleep, mind awake) and eventually dissolution of time and space.

So, my advice would be : if you meditate in a sitting position, keep focused and straight (but not tensed), you should not be tired.
If you want to achieve faster "results", do it laying down for healing and resting your body first, then you'll see how far your trance goes.
Old 24-07-2023, 06:13 PM
irisa

Hi,

thanks for your thoughts!

A trance stage? Then i have been in that stage for quite a long time...often during the day and hours before falling asleep. I even remember a time when i was showering and i saw something like a movie with my ´inner eye´...

Meetings with snakes? Wow, i would be back awake in no/time...

When my head falls over i ´wake up´ every time...from the movement i guess. I remember from decades ago that my head would also fall over and that at a certain point everything would turn pitch-black and i would hear a click, like someone pushes the light switch. Most of the time i would wake up from that as well. The couple of times i ´stayed´ in that blackness most of the time i would end up having a very vivid and special dream.

Laying down for meditation is not good for me...i fall asleep to easily..
But i know that if i meditated for a longer time and i would lay down after that there´s a bigger chance for having an obe.
Old 24-07-2023, 06:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
The couple of times i ´stayed´ in that blackness most of the time i would end up having a very vivid and special dream.
Yes, usually it's sexual there, and vivid also.

Quote:
Laying down for meditation is not good for me...i fall asleep to easily..
IMO not being tired a key to unlock certain things.
Or it may be a good way to train yourself not to fall asleep, don't know, but I have had more success when I'm fully rested.

Quote:
A trance stage? Then i have been in that stage for quite a long time...often during the day and hours before falling asleep
To be it's daydreaming, but I may be wrong.
Old 25-07-2023, 06:43 PM
irisa

Daydreaming? No, very sure it was not daydreaming at all...

I remember i was very conscious of the fact that i was ´seeing´ these filmlike images and very surprised of what was happening. I kept seeing it while i was thinking my thoughts that had nothing to do with it...

Like your are dong your thing with the tv on...only this tv was sort of in my mind/third eye...
Old 28-07-2023, 02:20 AM
Guide
Nice!! Congrats! Every inch counts!
That's fantastic you got yourself to this point!!

Quote:
Finally...
When you get out of your body...is it you experiencing from the soul or still the ego or both? Because, the intensity with which i wanted to get out my body this time...i don´t think the soul will react like this?!

I say the soul doesn't react it just experiences reactions from the bodies and minds it finds itself using. So it's a bit of both. If there was a pure egoless experience you'd be anihilated into absolution, right?

If we create a temporal body with the information of this realm then we experience through that, if we actually have a sambhogakaya body (or pieces of it) we (the soul) experience a reality perceived through it and that experience would be more "pure" than the programmed views our physical bodies present to our perception.

Without interrupting people's own path I'd just comment that in my upcoming the best answer to give is that because soul isn't something we experience, soul is the thing that we actually are and therefore any and every experience is happening to/for the soul but it happens through "filters" which are our mental components, our emotions, etc...

- When we have OBEs one of two things seem to be happening.
One is that we project into a lucid dream created by the part of the brain called the hippocampal cognitive map.
- The other is that we really project outside the brain and body itself and drag the information with us which can superimpose over the experience so it's been like (to me) seeing two TV channels superimposed over each other.
There's a fractal environment also that I suppose is the instruction information behind the scenes of what we perceive through the body but are seeing now outside it's influence.

?
Old 01-08-2023, 08:17 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
When you get out of your body...is it you experiencing from the soul or still the ego or both? Because, the intensity with which i wanted to get out my body this time...i don´t think the soul will react like this?!

This is a very hard one to answer, because one can exit the body with the Soul, or Ego or a combination of the two. It's all energy. I don't know how to explain myself. Maybe your Soul is wanting the Ego to experience something and forced the Ego out a bit. But either way, awesome experience, and congratulations.
Old 29-11-2023, 07:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Happened to me many times in the beginning to feel like someone was pulling me and spinning me around, usually holding me on one of the ankles. The thing is that there was no one there even though I felt a presence, right? I suppose it's the mind going haywire, I mean, you are leaving the physical body, consciously, that is something that not many can do. Talk with the day to day man and will think you are nuts.

I was dragged by my arm, dragged by my ankle, pulled outside my body by a force, pulled outside my body by a wire that was connecting "me" with the body, and so on and so forth, all sorts of experiences.

"Head falling over" is a really good sign you entered in deep states of meditatio