Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-05-2017, 02:19 AM
Master

Reducing stress

Hi all, As you know one of the reasons meditation does is to reduce stress. My daughter says her way of reducing stress is to do her dancing. My husband says his way of reducing stress is listening to music. Does doing activities reduce stress the same way meditation does?
Old 01-05-2017, 07:22 AM
Suspended
Guide
Hello,

Yes.

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Master

Thanks for your reply. All you have to do is do something enjoyable and that will reduce stress. Why do people meditate? Someone said to me, mediating you just sit there and do nothing. If you do tai chi you are doing something.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Thanks for your reply. All you have to do is do something enjoyable and that will reduce stress. Why do people meditate? Someone said to me, mediating you just sit there and do nothing. If you do tai chi you are doing something.

Hello astralsuzy,

Meditation is virtually finding peace within,it is just a basic tool,and I mean basic,its caveman technology.
The point of your meditation can be anything,a nail in the wall,a sound,the sound of a bike wheel on the pavement,you can meditate on that if you can concentrate enough,or music,there maybe à certain rhythm or beat that just pleases your senses.

For me,well its to settle me down,calm my nerves,I lay to meditate,you do not have to sit,the point is to keep your spine straight, vertical or horizontal matters not.
Some folk have scoliosis of the spine,that's not a problem, the problem is getting your body relaxed, relaxed to a point were you are not quite sure and don't really care if you are sitting or laying down,you just get lost in your own headspace!

That's what meditation is, learning to relax,to destress, and when you are in that state strange things may start to happen,you close your eyes,any external noise try to block it out,or use the rhythm to start swaying like a hammock in a breeze,a hammock on a desert island,an island that you and you alone live on,you visualise all this in your "minds eye",
You feel the cool breeze blowing, you imagine the azure blue sea,the pure white sandy beach,and you just relax into nothingness,that's meditation.

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Someone said to me, mediating you just sit there and do nothing. If you do tai chi you are doing something.

That is not fairly true. When you meditate you are releasing resistant thoughts. So in that you are doing a most valuable thing. It is a tool for people who are not within the reach of appreciating life, so they can come back to that point... because when you enjoy yourself, then you are in alignment with source, thus if you are stressed you will release stress... but more so you are in alignment with your desires, so you are actually bringing in more of what you want your life to be. I like how A Hicks say: Don't meditate, appreciate
Old 01-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Experiencer
Its individual I think and its just important that you find out what works best for you.

For me its walking.
I'm not good with emotions, so when something happens I can't deal with, I go for a walk, the longer the better.

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 02-05-2017, 06:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Hello astralsuzy,

Meditation is virtually finding peace within,it is just a basic tool,and I mean basic,its caveman technology.
The point of your meditation can be anything,a nail in the wall,a sound,the sound of a bike wheel on the pavement,you can meditate on that if you can concentrate enough,or music,there maybe à certain rhythm or beat that just pleases your senses.

For me,well its to settle me down,calm my nerves,I lay to meditate,you do not have to sit,the point is to keep your spine straight, vertical or horizontal matters not.
Some folk have scoliosis of the spine,that's not a problem, the problem is getting your body relaxed, relaxed to a point were you are not quite sure and don't really care if you are sitting or laying down,you just get lost in your own headspace!

That's what meditation is, learning to relax,to destress, and when you are in that state strange things may start to happen,you close your eyes,any external noise try to block it out,or use the rhythm to start swaying like a hammock in a breeze,a hammock on a desert island,an island that you and you alone live on,you visualise all this in your "minds eye",
You feel the cool breeze blowing, you imagine the azure blue sea,the pure white sandy beach,and you just relax into nothingness,that's meditation.

Kind Regards Billy.
Thank you Billy, that sounds beautiful. I was curious about meditation as everyone has their ideas how they deal with stress. I have been meditating for years and I look forward to it. It is not a chore. It is my time to relax and enjoy the time.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:37 AM
Master

Thank you everyone, you have been helpful.