Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 25-04-2017, 04:31 AM
Newbie ;)

What is your preferred method of meeting your guide?

I know that you have to meditate and look inside yourself. I would everyone how the had specifically done it or what was the type of meditation that worked the best for them. How do you know?
Old 25-04-2017, 04:58 PM
Newbie ;)

I don't think there's any other way to speak with your guide other than meditating. if there is another way, then someone please do share. Sitting in silence in a dark room, your thoughts will be running around widely in your head for an extended period of time. Eventually those thoughts will stop and that's when you can hear your guide or spirit talk to you. Truth resides within us and it resides around us. It's a beautiful thing to see that a world resides beyond this physical realm that we are in.
Old 25-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Master
Divination is my most effective way of speaking with Higher Self, Guides and Angels.
Old 25-04-2017, 10:57 PM
Master
My preferred method of getting in touch with my guidance is through the observer type meditation in nature or out of doors, where I sit and meditate on feeling oneness. I find it is easier to get in touch with the higher aspect of myself in this manner.

Second preferred is a way of relating to my guidances through meditation. During meditations and past life work I have come across guidances, sort of like characters or aspects of myself which I can meditate with the intention of meeting. I use any scenery with the meditations for this. I could picture a garden, a river, a brook, a picnic scene. The picnic scene seems to be a favorite meeting setting for my guidance.

It also I notice depends on the guidance. Certain ones like more desert areas, certain ones like river and cave settings etc.

So my preferred method is a meditation geared to simply silence the mind, and the second preferred is a meditation geared for letting creative thoughts and imagery come through.

With some of the imagery meditations I incorporate some of the visual imagery into my embroidery artwork with needle and thread. This reduces stress, is a productive means of calming myself when stressed, angry, or depressed; and is a good way to put meditation to creative use.

There are a number of means I communicate with my guidances, many more than what I wrote, but those are among my favorite ways.

But as for the best way- I tend to try and trust my intuition. It hardly steers me wrong often.
Old 26-04-2017, 12:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Divination is my most effective way of speaking with Higher Self, Guides and Angels.

Yeah, I find this the most beneficial. I can't see them or hear them, but I can feel when they are nearby (usually after meditating or centering myself), but I usually have to use some form of Divination to actually "speak" to them. Though, there are times they give me a "knowing" or visions slightly if they are needed at the moment.

What is your preferred divination method? Personally, I use cards but have thought about trying new things.
Old 26-04-2017, 12:51 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
My preferred method of getting in touch with my guidance is through the observer type meditation in nature or out of doors, where I sit and meditate on feeling oneness. I find it is easier to get in touch with the higher aspect of myself in this manner.

Second preferred is a way of relating to my guidances through meditation. During meditations and past life work I have come across guidances, sort of like characters or aspects of myself which I can meditate with the intention of meeting. I use any scenery with the meditations for this. I could picture a garden, a river, a brook, a picnic scene. The picnic scene seems to be a favorite meeting setting for my guidance.

It also I notice depends on the guidance. Certain ones like more desert areas, certain ones like river and cave settings etc.

So my preferred method is a meditation geared to simply silence the mind, and the second preferred is a meditation geared for letting creative thoughts and imagery come through.

With some of the imagery meditations I incorporate some of the visual imagery into my embroidery artwork with needle and thread. This reduces stress, is a productive means of calming myself when stressed, angry, or depressed; and is a good way to put meditation to creative use.

There are a number of means I communicate with my guidances, many more than what I wrote, but those are among my favorite ways.

But as for the best way- I tend to try and trust my intuition. It hardly steers me wrong often.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I generally meditate inside because my body temperature drops when I get into the meditative state. Though, I have always imagined the same outdoor scene every time I meditate lol. Maybe I should try changing the scene up a bit and see what happens.

Mine is always a mountain that has a waterfall coming off of it that fills a small pond of water before stretching out in a thin calm creek that goes through the forest. The whole little grove is surrounded by thick forest trees, but I can sometimes make it bigger or smaller. Usually, a deer come and visits me here. And I have gone into the water, and at the bottom, it does into a crystal cave filled with water (I can breathe in the water).

I haven't thought about going elsewhere though.

And, that is a great idea to meditate while cross stitching. I used to love to do that growing up, but I haven't done it in awhile. Plus, haven't thought about meditating while doing something creative like that. :)

Thanks.
Old 26-04-2017, 02:45 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightening
I know that you have to meditate and look inside yourself. I would everyone how the had specifically done it or what was the type of meditation that worked the best for them. How do you know?

Hello,
You know when you feel a definite shift in your consciousness, you actually " feel " a change in your thinking,I personally do not worry about guides or angels, if they are there,that's alright,if they are not there ( I am not consciously aware of them ) then that's alright too!

I always found you get more from the universe when you have the least expectations, if you normally want something so badly it reflects in your aura,the thought goes out,it never stops,like sound and light!

I just started to meditate again and I use a method of concentrating on a black wall in front of me,any thoughts that come into my mind appear as an orange mist,I just mentally shoo it away,eventually I will have a pure black screen, that will happen quickly too,no waiting and I use that as a medium for "scrying", just like a black mirror,or if you like a crystal ball!
Perseverance is a good friend to have, and patience,you just have to get the mix right.

Good Luck

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 26-04-2017, 03:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Hello,
You know when you feel a definite shift in your consciousness, you actually " feel " a change in your thinking,I personally do not worry about guides or angels, if they are there,that's alright,if they are not there ( I am not consciously aware of them ) then that's alright too!

I always found you get more from the universe when you have the least expectations, if you normally want something so badly it reflects in your aura,the thought goes out,it never stops,like sound and light!

I just started to meditate again and I use a method of concentrating on a black wall in front of me,any thoughts that come into my mind appear as an orange mist,I just mentally shoo it away,eventually I will have a pure black screen, that will happen quickly too,no waiting and I use that as a medium for "scrying", just like a black mirror,or if you like a crystal ball!
Perseverance is a good friend to have, and patience,you just have to get the mix right.

Good Luck

Kind Regards Billy.

Maybe imagining a crystal ball or dark mirror would help me. I have ADHD so clearing all thoughts from my mind is sometimes really hard. Usually, I just focus on my body/the sensations until it is ready to focus well enough until I can let it go wild with imagination. When I try to do the full blank mind I either fall asleep or struggle for far too long. Though, maybe if I keep my first images simple to give my mind something to focus on so it doesn't get bored then it would work.

Old 26-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I generally meditate inside because my body temperature drops when I get into the meditative state. Though, I have always imagined the same outdoor scene every time I meditate lol. Maybe I should try changing the scene up a bit and see what happens.

Mine is always a mountain that has a waterfall coming off of it that fills a small pond of water before stretching out in a thin calm creek that goes through the forest. The whole little grove is surrounded by thick forest trees, but I can sometimes make it bigger or smaller. Usually, a deer come and visits me here. And I have gone into the water, and at the bottom, it does into a crystal cave filled with water (I can breathe in the water).

I haven't thought about going elsewhere though.

And, that is a great idea to meditate while cross stitching. I used to love to do that growing up, but I haven't done it in awhile. Plus, haven't thought about meditating while doing something creative like that. :)

Thanks.

Hi.
Yes many prefer an inside meditation as well. I am capable of it indoors as well, but I really enjoy out of doors due to the bird chatter around my building. It relaxes me naturally. Of course I can hear them inside as well. I suppose it is a matter of what makes us most comfortable. The more comfortable we are the better capable we are to get to where we need to be faster.

The place you envision is good for you, it is your imagery and your place.
My imagery only changes because I have become aware that I often do not seem to actively control it in a sense. It basically is my subconscious working in the background.

I can control going to a certain visual place in my mind, but have no control over what guidances do or anything else that pops up. At times it can be disconcerting, and I need to bring my focus back.

I feel no matter what we envision if we feel comfortable with the visualization then there is no real need to change it. That is just how meditating works for me, my guides will bring me to different areas, and I will accept the area as opposed to fight it.

A new favorite area of mine is one that came to me in a very vivid dream. A river, and within the river are a multitude of different colored gemstones and precious stones. This is a dream place where my life grandfather came to me in the dream.
The place is very beautiful and this is where I choose to go at times.

I often use meditation with a lot of creative work. A poem I posted here came from myself getting to a point of silencing my mind, and was written about a friend who had passed in their view of me so to speak.
So I have begun to use that method with writing or auto-writing as well. I will silence myself first so that what comes through is more pure and undiluted.

I also use silencing techniques when reading the astrological charts for others. I am able to better read the energies when I am at a place of silence.

But yes there are many ways of communicating with our guides. It is the individual's choice which ones they use.

I am able to use a conversation in my mind with a guidance and still be able to find information especially if I have silenced properly as well.

But my advice would be to use which way feels right for you.
So long as you are comfortable with it, there shouldn't be a problem.

Best wishes.
Old 26-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Yeah, I find this the most beneficial. I can't see them or hear them, but I can feel when they are nearby (usually after meditating or centering myself), but I usually have to use some form of Divination to actually "speak" to them. Though, there are times they give me a "knowing" or visions slightly if they are needed at the moment.

What is your preferred divination method? Personally, I use cards but have thought about trying new things.

I use Oracle Cards, about 8 decks all in front of me, then holding the question in mind run my hand about each deck scanning for the energy hit, then shuffle the cards and when some fall out it is time to split the cards - the one on the right hand side will be the answer.
Two of the decks I made with my Higher Self - in that case I sort of channeled the words and using a magic marker put them on a regular suit based playing card deck which was later turned into divination deck by a professional printer. These two decks covered a lot of words, ideas, higher concepts and ways to measure. I find them very useful as part of the whole system. Together they make a dictionary with a lot of words for conversational ease.

The system has gotten smooth enough now I use them professionally doing 2-40 Readings a week for people both out of my home and at Psychic Fairs. This weekend I did a lot of readings for other Psychics and was tickled that they kept saying 'Oh you're good!".

I tried divination with a pendulum but could make it swing in whatever way brain wanted, so had to put that down.

On the go when I don't have decks available I'll just use a surface, even my leg and designate one area as a YES and ONE as a NO and then ask the question and feel for the energy. It's not effective for getting the 'why' the answer is as it is or surrounding information - but it's good enough for on-the-go.

I have friends who use kinesthetics for divining. They ask the question and then feel in their bodies for the answer - heart opening is a YES, Energy in the Solar Plexis is a NO.
I've tried it and it occasionally works for me, but I'm still learning to read my own body energy language. I don't trust answers received from the body as much as it reacts to what's in my head and I'm not looking for my own thinking minds answer but my Higher Self or Teams input from their perspective.