Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 03-03-2015, 07:37 PM
LornaSzy

Channeling before I sleep?

Lastnight alot of faces came to me before I fell asleep, they were so vivid and real that I can still remember a few faces now in great detail. One in particular was a man and was angry at me and shouting then another man came to me and just smiled and was very peaceful which made me feel very peaceful and then I fell asleep. Has anybody else had this before? Do you think these spirits were trying to contact me? How can I protect myself when this happens ?

Thankyou

Old 04-03-2015, 01:04 AM
Experiencer
Hello LornaSzy,

Was this the first time you got visions in your mind? If this is the beginning of your journey to discover and develop your psychic ability, then those visions may not mean more than for your own experience being given do you by your spirit guide or other spiritual helper. If you have been experiencing psychic stuff for some time, then I would say you are like an open gateway to the spiritual world. If you don't practice some kind of protection then you may be visited by both lower and higher beings. So I am glad to hear that you instantly think about protection. You can do that in many different ways - it can be verbal or visual or both. A simple bubble of pure white light works well, but if you prefer another technique that's fine too.

I hope this helps a little.

Boson
Old 04-03-2015, 11:30 AM
LornaSzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boson
Hello LornaSzy,

Was this the first time you got visions in your mind? If this is the beginning of your journey to discover and develop your psychic ability, then those visions may not mean more than for your own experience being given do you by your spirit guide or other spiritual helper. If you have been experiencing psychic stuff for some time, then I would say you are like an open gateway to the spiritual world. If you don't practice some kind of protection then you may be visited by both lower and higher beings. So I am glad to hear that you instantly think about protection. You can do that in many different ways - it can be verbal or visual or both. A simple bubble of pure white light works well, but if you prefer another technique that's fine too.

Boson

Hi, thanks for replying, I am trying to develop my mediumship abilities , however it is not the first time this has happened. I have had what I think are spirits come to me before but I never used to remember and as for spirit guides I don't know who they are , would you recommend me getting to know them?
Old 04-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Experiencer
Hi LornaSzy,

Your spirit guides will communicate with you and make their presence known to you using your strongest psychic senses. What I would suggest for you to try at first would be that next time you meditate and desire to meet your spirit guides, ask to first be contacted with your main spirit guide and ask for this guide to identify himself/herself in a way that you can observe. Then you wait for any kind of sign to be shown to you. You may have to try a few times and please be patient. The first contact usually takes the longest to establish. I remember then I communicated with my healing guide for the first time. It took about 30 mins before a link of communication was established. Each time after that it was much faster.

Boson
Old 04-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LornaSzy
Do you think these spirits were trying to contact me? How can I protect myself when this happens ?

Thankyou

Hi,

We all have a oneness with All That Is which is hard to conceptualize. Aspects of self are often seen as spirits which are apart from us.

The best protection is to not use it. Your essence is an eternal presence. When you let it shine through your physical form, there is nothing but love than can reach you.

I like to encourage conversations with what we call spirits. For me they take place as imaginary exchanges in my mind. I am always curious who has come forward to speak with me and what they have to say.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 09-03-2015, 01:09 AM
GregoryScott

I agree with John in this aspect; we are all part of the creator, to fear others, is to fear the self. It sounds to me you are opening yourself up to a border range of spiritual awareness. During this process you will begin to see what has always been there. If what you saw were truly individual points of consciousness and not aspects of self, then whatever polarity you are striving for will always be more dominate in the entities that come forth. The more you open your heart the more you will attract like-minded energies.
Old 22-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by LornaSzy
Lastnight alot of faces came to me before I fell asleep, they were so vivid and real that I can still remember a few faces now in great detail. One in particular was a man and was angry at me and shouting then another man came to me and just smiled and was very peaceful which made me feel very peaceful and then I fell asleep. Has anybody else had this before? Do you think these spirits were trying to contact me? How can I protect myself when this happens ?

Thankyou

What you just described is a very common experience, and may or may not involve actual contact with disembodied spirits. Have you ever experienced lucid dreaming? If you can remember doing so, then the next time you have such an experience while going to sleep, try to will yourself into a lucid dream where you can ask the people you see who they are.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:42 AM
Celeste

I keep a white light around me, and I say very emphatically, get out, only good spirits are allowed here. This seems to work for me. Once a black statue figure was at my bed post. I had had surgery, and one thing after another was going wrong. It scared me. I chased it out. I was lucid dreaming, without even trying. It came back the next day, and I told it in no uncertain terms to get out. I asked who it was, and I was given the words that it was a solidifying of all the negativity I had been experiencing. It never came back.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:01 AM
GregoryScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
I keep a white light around me, and I say very emphatically, get out, only good spirits are allowed here. This seems to work for me. Once a black statue figure was at my bed post. I had had surgery, and one thing after another was going wrong. It scared me. I chased it out. I was lucid dreaming, without even trying. It came back the next day, and I told it in no uncertain terms to get out. I asked who it was, and I was given the words that it was a solidifying of all the negativity I had been experiencing. It never came back.

Very nice; you didn’t show fear when you asked this thought-form to leave. I think a lot of people overlook this aspect of ourselves; we are incredibly powerful creators! I believe what scares us most of all is we have no idea how to direct this power in a positive way. Negative thought-forms such as this are conscious manifestations transmuted into focused-energy by our own fears and we don’t even know we’re doing it. Positive thinking; thoughts of love, etc. will cause this energy to repel, or in most cases such as yours, this energy will disperse entirely back to source, being it has served its purpose.