Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-01-2012, 11:43 PM
MrNiceGuy

So where do you go from here guys ?

I'm looking here for any guidance from any of you on remaining optimistic in times of depression and or uncertainty, there are many ways to describe it, lost or empty is maybe more accurate right now while i feel more hopefull tonight being here on this site around such warm beings.

It may help you to know i a confessed drug abuser mainly binges with periods of sobriety and consequencal chemical imbalances in my brain wreaking havoc on my mental health.

Yesterday was one of the lowest points of my life, 7 days heroin free, nursing rebound depression from a vallium binge that ended 7 days ago also, i hadnt slept for two days and decided two drink a bottle of wine and whiskey at 4am, later on in the morning i was ready to kill myself and toyed with the idea, this was followed by what i can describe as a short alcohol induced mental break that ended me in casualty in which i also caused damage to my cubicle and fear and alarm too staff before i was assesed with a clean bill of health and my state being blamed on substance abuse, later that day i was arrested for what happened in hospital and speant the night in cells feeling very helpless and isolated and shocked at how cruel i feel i was treated, I have a growing crimnal past and only avoided prison today by a small slither of compassion by a judge that i intuitively know really wanted to remand me in custody. Thankfully i was bailed and am safe at my mums for the time being.

So i am a little shaken but surprisingly i left court today feeling somewhat flat, no longer bad as i was but im not too great either, in limbo we shall say.

The title of the thread begs the next question ?

Please beleive me when i say i am not the run of the mill junkie, i have inteligence for which im greatefull, im very open and honest and i am aware i can change this though admtadly afraid the statistics are going to overcome me.

I joined here too ask you guys for pointers onto where too start my path, i am not religous though i relate to what jiddu krishnamurti has to say, i have a sketchy beleif that there is more life after death and greater beings though i dont think these matters much in this life, this present living state we are all in. I beleive the most valuable thing is too know ones self and i dont care much for our sick society but deep deep down i love you guys, i love you who is reading this as much as i love my mother, grandad or any other living being. These are the positive things i am holding onto, though i frequently become complacent and angry that i cant hold or maintain this, i want to be afresh and breath and be released.

I really value any feedback, pointers,books, tips, even you tube vids, any inspiration for life, thank you even just for reading as im glad i got that of my chest.
Old 14-01-2012, 05:13 AM
michael55

Read A Course In Miracles maybe... or go practice Aikido or Tai Chi. Those are my suggestions.

Good luck.
Old 14-01-2012, 05:30 AM
Master
Where to go from here?

Find ways to heal your heart and open your mind.

An excellent healing method is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques. You could check it out at http://EFTuniverse.com.

Xan

Old 14-01-2012, 05:55 AM
vulkus

I'm going to state the obvious, you are the run of the mill junkie. Just about every substance abuser I've ever met is quite intelligent, articulate and a people person. Whether you are these things NOW, though really is irrelevant.

Before you move on, you have to be open and honest with yourself. You have to acknowledge that you are a substance abuser and that you genuinely want to change. Until you do these things real change won't happen.
Soul searching is pointless at this point in time.
Old 14-01-2012, 06:12 AM
glenos

C. Google 'The Harry Edwards Healing Sanctuary' and ask them for absent healing. These boys n girls are the best of the best. And I mean the best.
Lordy, your situation takes me back a bit. Yep, done all that, got the T shirt and the groovy boots to go with it.lol This fight mate has to come from within you, and it's a toughie. Once you ask for help the ball will start to roll, and in the direction you want it to roll in. Don't start digging into what people have to say in weirded out books that will urge you to open up to this n that. This will confuse the bejayzus outta ya. Other than works by 'Silver Birch' (another Google) of course, who will tell you what is, not what to believe in. Hard facts of what all this life and living business is about. I liken his works to a driving manual. These are the facts kinda thing.
Try to remove the situation that makes you want to binge it up. That could be other people or a situatuion in your private life, ie a nutty bird, mates who are into the scene of drink and drugs and perhaps music too. That was my area of opperations back in the day. Try to get a hold of this veering off course business using your own power that you have within and get your absent healing going. They are a terrific places to start the ball rolling of coming back.
I wont wish you luck as you don't need it, 'cause all you need is you. And I'm sure you are big enough, tough enough and clued in enough, to pull yerself back from this path and onto one that will see you and the rest of your life in a much much better situation and light. We are urging you on and are with you ... Give it a go bud!

G
Old 14-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulkus
I'm going to state the obvious, you are the run of the mill junkie. Just about every substance abuser I've ever met is quite intelligent, articulate and a people person. Whether you are these things NOW, though really is irrelevant.

Before you move on, you have to be open and honest with yourself. You have to acknowledge that you are a substance abuser and that you genuinely want to change. Until you do these things real change won't happen.
Soul searching is pointless at this point in time.
Right, dealing with the drug problem is pretty important. I would say get treatment and help immediately before it's too late. Drugs will kill you or land you in prison.
Old 14-01-2012, 07:27 AM
crazydreamer

Dear MrNiceGuy, good luck with your continued recovery. I was "rehabilitated" as a teen, through a program called Laws for Living. It teaches that you are viewing everything you perceive, one of three ways, either through the eyes of Love, anger, or fear. This was taught to prisoners, at some of the nations toughest prisons, with an 80% something success rate. Many lives were changed for the better. Here is a few youtube links, to help you get started understanding. These teachings give a deeper understanding, to a higher way, that is not normally understood by western minds. Dr Michael Ryce is the only person I know that teaches this course at the time. Hope some if the links I've enclosed will help you to understand, you are Loved, and can correct your own errors. Hang in there!

The destructive power of hostility and fear:
http://youtu.be/1YSpA9EAC6M
Practicing Regulatory Speech:
http://youtu.be/I9RHYm7Ws5I
The Eye is the Lamp of the body:
http://youtu.be/4ZDOhhMKvLc

Love (khooba) is the ancient Law, which all the Laws hang upon.
My hope is, you all find it and live it, in the now!

This link will fully explain where these teachings come from and the deeper meanings.
http://www.iloveulove.com/history/enlightenment.htm

Dr. Ryces and his wife are friends of mine. He learned these teachings from the same men I did. You may enjoy his translation of the Lords Prayer from Aramaic, and the deeper insights into the Beatitudes also. Hope you can find Love, truth, and peace, for yourself in these links.
www.whyagain.com
Old 14-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Greenslade

Sit in the park, take hold of a flower but don't pick it.
You have its Life in your hands, what do you do next and why?
Old 14-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Master
Hi MrNiceGuy, I think you should try to work out why you are not happy with life, if you can work out why, then you have a good chance of beating this drug habit, if your generally happy with life you don't need anything extra to make you happy. I use to drink a lot, because i was never happy, when i was drunk i was happy. But when i had my Wakening, I realized that i was pure happiness, pure Love, I didn't need anything from there on to make me happy, my happiness was always within me, never out there.
Old 14-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
I'm looking here for any guidance from any of you on remaining optimistic in times of depression and or uncertainty, there are many ways to describe it, lost or empty is maybe more accurate right now while i feel more hopefull tonight being here on this site around such warm beings.

It may help you to know i a confessed drug abuser mainly binges with periods of sobriety and consequencal chemical imbalances in my brain wreaking havoc on my mental health.

Yesterday was one of the lowest points of my life, 7 days heroin free, nursing rebound depression from a vallium binge that ended 7 days ago also, i hadnt slept for two days and decided two drink a bottle of wine and whiskey at 4am, later on in the morning i was ready to kill myself and toyed with the idea, this was followed by what i can describe as a short alcohol induced mental break that ended me in casualty in which i also caused damage to my cubicle and fear and alarm too staff before i was assesed with a clean bill of health and my state being blamed on substance abuse, later that day i was arrested for what happened in hospital and speant the night in cells feeling very helpless and isolated and shocked at how cruel i feel i was treated, I have a growing crimnal past and only avoided prison today by a small slither of compassion by a judge that i intuitively know really wanted to remand me in custody. Thankfully i was bailed and am safe at my mums for the time being.

So i am a little shaken but surprisingly i left court today feeling somewhat flat, no longer bad as i was but im not too great either, in limbo we shall say.

The title of the thread begs the next question ?

Please beleive me when i say i am not the run of the mill junkie, i have inteligence for which im greatefull, im very open and honest and i am aware i can change this though admtadly afraid the statistics are going to overcome me.

I joined here too ask you guys for pointers onto where too start my path, i am not religous though i relate to what jiddu krishnamurti has to say, i have a sketchy beleif that there is more life after death and greater beings though i dont think these matters much in this life, this present living state we are all in. I beleive the most valuable thing is too know ones self and i dont care much for our sick society but deep deep down i love you guys, i love you who is reading this as much as i love my mother, grandad or any other living being. These are the positive things i am holding onto, though i frequently become complacent and angry that i cant hold or maintain this, i want to be afresh and breath and be released.

I really value any feedback, pointers,books, tips, even you tube vids, any inspiration for life, thank you even just for reading as im glad i got that of my chest.

People have said there's no point soul searching at this time, but more factually, you are indeed soul searching... so that is how it is.

Dealing with physical addiction is hard because the sensation of withdrawl is so unpleasant, and the minds reactivity goes nuts... then it is so easy to relieve it with a simple pill, drink or smoke or whatever.

I don't even know why exactly I stopped drinking and drugs, but by the time I did it wasn't extraordinarily difficult, though it was pretty hard, yes.

I remember I started getting a bit more serious about my meditation practice and that took a priority, but the drugs were interfering with my clarity, so I came to a point where to go furthur with meditation I had to stop taking intoxicants.

Therefore, I suggest, meditate, and as it becomes more important in your life, intoxicants will become less important.