Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 28-06-2014, 07:02 PM
ImManOnMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masons Child
It would also be helpful if you find a local Buddhist community. Most decent size towns have a Temple or at least a group of some kind. People supporting you is invaluable.

thanks, I've had the same thought. Problem is I live in very rural Michigan and there isn't a lot. but I know there are some.
Old 28-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Masons Child

Buddhanet has a searchable directory. I guess I can't post links until I've been here a bit longer but just search for the website
As long as The Temple has an internet presence you should be able to find them. I am not sure which Tradition you follow but hopefully there's something fairly close.
Old 29-06-2014, 11:45 AM
ImManOnMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masons Child
Buddhanet has a searchable directory. I guess I can't post links until I've been here a bit longer but just search for the website
As long as The Temple has an internet presence you should be able to find them. I am not sure which Tradition you follow but hopefully there's something fairly close.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Experiencer
To fine a centre, here is a link to the Buddhanet World Buddhist Directory

http://www.buddhanet.info/wbd/

Best wishes,

Sam
Old 03-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Master
Never mind.

Last edited by Baile : 03-07-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImManOnMoon
I'm finding it very difficult to find enlightenment or even to start on the path towards it or any kind of peace of mind. Been difficult to meditate even.

In fact I've been quite irritable lately too, which I know is from my newly estranged sleep schedule. I work from 10pm to 6 am and don't get to sleep till about 7 and wake up at 5 pm and when I wake up I'm just in a bummer mood (current)
I can feel myself on the verge of depression
but I don't want to be.

I could just use a friend right now, I guess.

I'm alll kinds of confused right now.

I am no Buddhist but my advice is very simple: You must find someone that you can help.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:32 PM
jaypantera

My best advice is to try and find a way to live every moment in the present. NOT past NOT future.
I know it sounds hard because we tend to have many many thoughts running. For many years i tried to run away from myself. Means because of some deep traumas i couldn't face the child within. The child we all have. We can't sit still to observe ourself because we are actually afraid. Which fear is something the mind creates -i can represent that saying our 'shadow self'- so we wouldn't do that 'jump' toward spiritual awakening.

If you look the world around you everything moves fast. You need to become the watcher of it. And move in your own rythm. If you have depression it's because a part of you it's blocked in the past, and another part it's in the present..but you need to realize you are living in the 'now' moment. Forget the time and everything. Keep it only for practical reasons (like job, personal schedule etc) the rest moments there is no time. You are a Being capable to do enormous stuff. we are all capable for great things. Live every moment it's the master Key.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:45 PM
ImManOnMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypantera
My best advice is to try and find a way to live every moment in the present. NOT past NOT future.
I know it sounds hard because we tend to have many many thoughts running. For many years i tried to run away from myself. Means because of some deep traumas i couldn't face the child within. The child we all have. We can't sit still to observe ourself because we are actually afraid. Which fear is something the mind creates -i can represent that saying our 'shadow self'- so we wouldn't do that 'jump' toward spiritual awakening.

If you look the world around you everything moves fast. You need to become the watcher of it. And move in your own rythm. If you have depression it's because a part of you it's blocked in the past, and another part it's in the present..but you need to realize you are living in the 'now' moment. Forget the time and everything. Keep it only for practical reasons (like job, personal schedule etc) the rest moments there is no time. You are a Being capable to do enormous stuff. we are all capable for great things. Live every moment it's the master Key.

thank you very much
Old 07-07-2014, 10:49 PM
jaypantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImManOnMoon
thank you very much
no problem :) keep it up