Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-12-2017, 10:37 PM
Experiencer

when to let go

Let go when it feels good to let go.

I think Abraham would agree with this, with his extreme emphasis on doing what feels good.

I've always had a problem hanging on, never letting go. I think I never really knew HOW to let go, it was just something I never learned to do.

This idea - to let go when it FEELS GOOD - seems to solve the problem for me. It takes the whole sense of SACRIFICE out of letting go. It makes it a GOOD thing.....and you don't have to let go when it doesn't make you happy to do so.
Old 27-12-2017, 11:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Let go when it feels good to let go.

I think Abraham would agree with this, with his extreme emphasis on doing what feels good.

I've always had a problem hanging on, never letting go. I think I never really knew HOW to let go, it was just something I never learned to do.

This idea - to let go when it FEELS GOOD - seems to solve the problem for me. It takes the whole sense of SACRIFICE out of letting go. It makes it a GOOD thing.....and you don't have to let go when it doesn't make you happy to do so.

Letting go is a funny thing. It feels real but its not if that makes sense? In understanding that we and life are in a movement of change constantly, being open to it all as it flows with an open awareness of yourself as that it does open that doorway that it doesn't have to be a "not good" thing. It just is really letting go of what no longer serves you or life itself.

I understand all the same what your saying, I relate to this in my past very much. For me it always came with these ideas of sacrifice and "I cant do it" it doesn't feel right feeling, but then some where in me pushed through and I had to in some form of what was moving in myself all the same, to learn how to let go more from an awareness of "its not a bad thing to do" space. That it could feel natural and easy as I move through life in myself. That it is a good way to be and practice being.

I had very unhealthy attachments from very young. So the breaking free to form a more healthy attachment awareness was imperative to the whole process of my past and future self. I didn't know how to let go, I was a suppressed feeler who didn't want to feel or face myself deeper. I had to learn the art of letting go more open and flowing, aware of a bigger picture in myself beyond conditioned ideas of how to be and live this life.

And really in hindsight it was just to get myself out of my own way, to let things move through me more freely as they arise in acceptance of what is, not struggle and make the transitions in me be resisted.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 28-12-2017, 12:28 AM
boshy b. good

Smile

What are we letting go of, and why, because it's a Trophy in da departament
you specialize in or and you are be boosted to let go because you see the wide
picture that you shall beget a better brought up and you shall beget a better
everything by dropping a let go?

Is this comfortable to keep, you better say to yourselves next time. Is this what
my parents had in mind for my personal bestest, knowing as you'd notice?

What is overcome? Laughing at opposition and waving it out because you
walked up to secure modalities within? I think so.

Why let go is a task? Maybe cause it's so special and wonderfull and has
Got it's emphasis agreements.

Maybe it's the greater thing To reach within, co, co all the nutritious better
For us acclaim comfys of we got a Bag of true goodys of, slot'ed about
within.

Ofcourse we are charismatic, they spoiled our charisma! But No, Why Don't
You.
Old 28-12-2017, 01:24 AM
Master
letting go is better than being sandblasted
Old 28-12-2017, 06:13 AM
Experiencer

Naturesflow, natural and easy, I agree that that's a good way to be. That's basically my point, because it doesn't feel natural, and definitely not easy, to let go when it hurts to do so.

Boshy, I think, as naturesflow said, we need to let go of that which no longer serves us (or never did). And I agree with you that it ideally wouldn't be a 'task', but would be natural and easy, and would feel GOOD, not painful.

Uma, I agree. And that's something I really need to grasp.
Old 28-12-2017, 11:45 AM
boshy b. good

Smile

Quote:
Boshy, I think, as naturesflow said, we need to let go of that which no longer serves us (or never did). And I agree with you that it ideally wouldn't be a 'task', but would be natural and easy, and would feel GOOD, not painful.
"We got to move on because the darn offering is pretty darn ugly."

Quote:
What are we letting go of,
Nonsense nonsense.

Sheer dumb
if you ask.
Old 28-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Naturesflow, natural and easy, I agree that that's a good way to be. That's basically my point, because it doesn't feel natural, and definitely not easy, to let go when it hurts to do so.

Uma, I agree. And that's something I really need to grasp.

I think any kind of grasping brings about suffering in some form. I had to learn to free all attachments to allow myself to move through a whole body experience more open in all ways of being, not just my mind and emotional body overruling the totality of my being. There is so much freedom to live this life without them, even the good can be difficult to let go of, along with the not so good aspects of life. I have learned that even in the love stakes, allowing the freedom to let it be as it needs rather than moulding it or wanting it a certain way, frees it up to be as it needs to be. that way you breathe space between and let it blossom without entanglements..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 28-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Letting go is a funny thing. It feels real but its not if that makes sense?

It does to me though I'm never sure if I make sense to me (a different matter entirely but still )

You can't unwrite your experiences or history so the best outcome is to use a let-go event to strategise the future which may include finding something better to get into i.e. avoiding the qualities/pitfalls of the thing abandoned. (I don't know if hypnotism would work... just a slight problem may be "loose ends" left by the let-go event entering the flow somewhere else and affecting experientially related events.)

Another tactic might be to trivialise its effect like find reasons why one wasted one's time pursuing the thing let-go and how the clinging turned out to be a false sentiment - which leads to.....
Quote:
In understanding that we and life are in a movement of change constantly, being open to it all as it flows with an open awareness of yourself as that it does open that doorway that it doesn't have to be a "not good" thing. It just is really letting go of what no longer serves you or life itself.
That about sums up the "why" of it, to me.

Quote:
I had very unhealthy attachments from very young. So the breaking free to form a more healthy attachment awareness was imperative to the whole process of my past and future self. I didn't know how to let go, I was a suppressed feeler who didn't want to feel or face myself deeper. I had to learn the art of letting go more open and flowing, aware of a bigger picture in myself beyond conditioned ideas of how to be and live this life.

And really in hindsight it was just to get myself out of my own way, to let things move through me more freely as they arise in acceptance of what is, not struggle and make the transitions in me be resisted.

Understand this and I had one or two things to struggle with but generally things pan out as your previous words I quoted here declared - letting go of what no longer serves.

Thank you.
Old 28-12-2017, 03:31 PM
boshy b. good

It's let go cause sheer ultimated optimism will catch you from behind on a better road, a better path.
Old 28-12-2017, 03:53 PM
Master

As I read what's said brings to mind the thought of cause and effect I mean seeing it when you let go. One has to first think about it, also cause and effect.