Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 23-06-2016, 05:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I don't buy into the God created it anymore. I did for a time, but not anymore. I think as far as the earth, the grass, trees, insects, animals, humans etc...evolution. Things can be created by man and a lot destroyed by man. But no, I don't believe God created cows, who created milk, etc...

i'm a believer.
the semantics may tend towards unnecessary confusion.
the universe, in its entirety, is one thing:
that thing is God -- there is no separation of God from creation.
the "collective consciousness" is God's consciousness.
that's what makes sense for me.

there may be useful things to learn from supposing contrary positions however.

the conundrum of what happened "before" time (or "after" it) can serve to entertain...
but there simply isn't anything that exists "outside" of all that is,
nor anything that exists "outside" of eternity (as i understand things).
Old 23-06-2016, 06:09 PM
Master
I used to be a believer in that sense. I don't know why not so much anymore. I believe there IS something but I don't know what. I think having an atheist for a boyfriend is getting to me more and more mostly because of things we listen to. I've begun to question things I used to believe in and experiences, but I have nothing to cast a true shadow on many of my experiences, so I do believe there is more to this life and things we don't know facts on but experience are amazing, but honestly the whole singular God who created, that's a difficult pill for me to swallow. I just don't see a god saying I want to create a cow, or a moth...etc...

I've watched countless documentaries on evolution, how things evolved, what caused various animals to evolve and even how the human body is evolving, for example our hands simply due to people texting. It's amazing. I don't believe a god is somewhere saying I'm going to change this about the human body because...

I simply do not know, Horace...I could be wrong. I just don't know. I believe in energy and vibrations lol.

I'm not as articulate as many here. I may ponder something for a time and a subject calls for my attention but most often I feel empty as it can only take me so far...no real answers. I have my own experiences so I know something exists out there but no god.

I was reading a book recently and it kept calling for me to worship it, and it was sounding too much like the Christian god I had to put the book down. I was very disappointed.

It's good to see you...I hadn't seen you post lately ...you or Baile or maybe I've just overlooked your posts!
Old 23-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Pathfinder

Infinite regression can be 'solved' by understanding the concept of 'infinity' properly.
Let us take an infinitely recurring number, for example. Something like 0.333 repeating. We can follow this number down the rabbit hole forever. Or we can just round it off and it will be just as understood. The number 0.333 is just as precise as 0.3333333333 for most applications, for most answers.
More peculiarly, we can multiply both by 3 and achieve the same answer by the same processes, 1.
(1/3)*3 = 1
(1/3)=0.333~
0.333~*3=0.999~
Therefore, 0.999~=1, no rounding necessary.
When we round to a decimal place, 0.333 and do the same we get an answer that is rounded to the same decimal position, But ultimately it is the same answer because we know that we rounded it. The rounded numbers are only representations of the truth, for the sake of human convenience.

But what does any of this have to do with cows and gods and reality? Glad you asked.
By the same extension a cow is infinitely divisible, but once we divide it by anything other than exactly one cow, it falls apart (literally if you physically divide it). But what you will get is pieces of cow, down to its atoms, particles, sub particles, etc. Until we have something that is not only no longer identifiable as "cow" but something that isn't even identifiable as a discrete object anymore. We essentially break it down into the very fabric of our reality as we know it, and then we can no longer go any further because concepts beyond this are not comprehensible.

And this applies both ways, too. We can add or multiply something to incomprehensible depths, 1+1+1+1 and on forever and ever... But human understanding only goes so far. Once something encompasses the entire universe, or something greater, there are no comprehensible answers beyond this. It is infinite.

... So we round.

"God" or at least the human understanding of a God, in its infinite form, is the rounded version. It is the final answer to where human comprehension and our reality breaks down and can no longer be divided or multiplied. It is the representation of the infinity itself. (But not the actual infinity, because we can never follow that rabbit hole all the way through. It is physically impossible.)

Does this make the answer more satisfying to you?
Not that anyone need to accept "God" as the answer to anything. This is simply just my explanation for the human means of communication.
Old 23-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Master
Ugh, math! It's my sore spot. But yes, that is a good answer to me! I think perhaps I have a hard issue with the word or term god...and can't get the Christian god or any religious god out of my head...and I don't believe in any religious gods.
Old 23-06-2016, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmNemo
Infinite regression can be 'solved' by understanding the concept of 'infinity' properly.
Let us take an infinitely recurring number, for example. Something like 0.333 repeating. We can follow this number down the rabbit hole forever. Or we can just round it off and it will be just as understood. The number 0.333 is just as precise as 0.3333333333 for most applications, for most answers.
More peculiarly, we can multiply both by 3 and achieve the same answer by the same processes, 1.
(1/3)*3 = 1
(1/3)=0.333~
0.333~*3=0.999~
Therefore, 0.999~=1, no rounding necessary.
When we round to a decimal place, 0.333 and do the same we get an answer that is rounded to the same decimal position, But ultimately it is the same answer because we know that we rounded it. The rounded numbers are only representations of the truth, for the sake of human convenience.

But what does any of this have to do with cows and gods and reality? Glad you asked.
By the same extension a cow is infinitely divisible, but once we divide it by anything other than exactly one cow, it falls apart (literally if you physically divide it). But what you will get is pieces of cow, down to its atoms, particles, sub particles, etc. Until we have something that is not only no longer identifiable as "cow" but something that isn't even identifiable as a discrete object anymore. We essentially break it down into the very fabric of our reality as we know it, and then we can no longer go any further because concepts beyond this are not comprehensible.

And this applies both ways, too. We can add or multiply something to incomprehensible depths, 1+1+1+1 and on forever and ever... But human understanding only goes so far. Once something encompasses the entire universe, or something greater, there are no comprehensible answers beyond this. It is infinite.

... So we round.

"God" or at least the human understanding of a God, in its infinite form, is the rounded version. It is the final answer to where human comprehension and our reality breaks down and can no longer be divided or multiplied. It is the representation of the infinity itself. (But not the actual infinity, because we can never follow that rabbit hole all the way through. It is physically impossible.)

Does this make the answer more satisfying to you?
Not that anyone need to accept "God" as the answer to anything. This is simply just my explanation for the human means of communication.
This is exactly what I was trying to say with the opening post but didn't know how. Thanks for the insight.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:15 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I'm sure a lot of us annoying, questioning brat of children use to torment our parents endlessly...

"Who made the milk?"
"Cows made it!"
"Who made the cows then?"
"Nature made it".
"Who made nature then?"
"God made it"
"Who made God then?"

Now falling short of saying "we make it", the whole conversation usually ends there with parents throwing their hands up in exasperation.

Some of us will stop at "God made it" and be satisfied with that, while others will say "who made God then?" and always be dissatisfied with that.

However, kids will be kids and all.
God is eternal. This means he exists at all points in space/time and as such has no begining or end, so he is not created.
Old 19-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Suspended
Knower

Yes god made everything. God makes life possible on earth.