Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling > Channeled Messages

Old 08-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Master
The Soul - Seth/Jane Roberts

One prerequisite for such an intuitive understanding of the soul is the desire to achieve it. If the desire is strong enough, then you will be automatically led to experiences that will result in vivid, unmistakable subjective knowledge.
The inner self knows its relationship with the soul. It is a portion of the self that acts, you might say, as a messenger between the soul and the present personality. You must also realize that while I use terms like soul or entity, inner self, and present personality, I do so only for the sake of convenience, for one is a part of the other; there is no point where one begins and another ends.
So your soul, that which you are, constructs your physical daily reality for you from the nature of your thoughts and expectations. You can readily see, therefore how important your subjective feelings really are.
At certain depths of sleep, however, the soul’s perception operates relatively unhampered. You drink, so to speak, from the pure well of perception. You communicate with the depths of your own being, and the source of your creativity. These experiences, not being translated physically, do not remain in the morning. You do not remember them as dreams. Dreams, however, may later the same evening be formed from the information gained during what I will call the depth experience.
Now in terms of psychology as you understand it, the soul could be considered as a prime identity that is in itself a gestalt of many other individual consciousnesses...
The soul can be described for that matter, as a multidimensional, infinite act, each minute probability being brought somewhere into actuality and existence; an infinite creative act that creates for itself infinite dimensions in which fulfillment is possible.
Beyond this are states in which the symbols themselves begin to fade away, become indistinct, distant. Here you begin to draw into regions of consciousness in which symbols become less and less necessary, and it is a largely unpopulated area indeed. Representations blink off and on, and finally disappear. Consciousness is less and less physically oriented. In this stage of consciousness the soul finds itself alone with its own feelings, stripped of symbolism and representations, and begins to perceive the gigantic reality of its own knowing.
Seth- Jane Roberts (1970's)
Old 08-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Master
Hi Sound,
Interesting stuff.
I really enjoyed reading the last line:
In this stage of consciousness the soul finds itself alone with its own feelings, stripped of symbolism and representations, and begins to perceive the gigantic reality of its own knowing.
Old 29-06-2011, 08:32 PM
CentaurSage

Seth through Jane Roberts is some of the best material!
Old 29-06-2011, 09:32 PM
jackie-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentaurSage
Seth through Jane Roberts is some of the best material!

I agree wholeheartedly
Old 30-06-2011, 01:19 AM
LightFilledHeart

Me three I remember back in 1975 when a friend brought me his copy of The Nature Of Personal Reality. I read it voraciously! But I had to do so in stages. It wasn't that the writing was couched in hard-to-understand vocabulary, it was that the concepts were just SO new (and so foreign!) to me that I could only absorb so much before having to put it down and go to sleep to integrate what I'd taken in...! I absolutely loved it, and it changed my whole way of thinking. I've many Seth books since, but that one holds a special place in my heart, as does The Education of Oversoul 7, another personal favorite
Old 06-07-2011, 04:01 AM
Master
soul... begins to perceive the gigantic reality of its own knowing.

Another way of saying this... We notice our own silent whole awareness.

Xan

Old 21-07-2011, 02:19 AM
dragon charms

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Me three I remember back in 1975 when a friend brought me his copy of The Nature Of Personal Reality. I read it voraciously! But I had to do so in stages. It wasn't that the writing was couched in hard-to-understand vocabulary, it was that the concepts were just SO new (and so foreign!) to me that I could only absorb so much before having to put it down and go to sleep to integrate what I'd taken in...! I absolutely loved it, and it changed my whole way of thinking. I've many Seth books since, but that one holds a special place in my heart, as does The Education of Oversoul 7, another personal favorite
OH my goodness. I had the exact same experience as you did! It was so much for me to absorb, I took a bazillion naps, to get through it. Loved every moment. :)

It's so much fun to meet someone who the same experience! Wowser!
Old 21-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Natalia

Lots of good value in this post. Thank you for the awesome post Sound

Bright Blessings
Old 21-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Dilchannan

Thanks for sharing Sound. I enjoyed it very much!
Old 21-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Master
Nice to see this thread re surface ... to everyone who responded ... you are welcome :)