Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Knower
Glad to know I'm not the only one who's felt this way.

[*{my two cents worth here}*]

From my own experiences, a large chunk of my feeling this way simply comes from me having incarnated *REPEATEDLY* into the same area, the same era, into a very particular set time. Multiple lives, and, yet, around the same area, in the same time. Because of that, when I've finished whatever was needed in that very particular (and repeated) section of incarnations, when I've moved onto my next set of lessons and experiences, it's been different.

Sorta like thinking back to your school days. After days and weeks and months and years spent in one sort of school, eventually you'd learned everything you needed to. Passed everything you needed to. Then it was time to move onto the next grade / level / section.
What I remember most was going from junior high to high school. It was still school. I was still with my classmates I'd known for years, but the surroundings were all new. The lessons were all new. It took me several long months before I mostly felt settled into my new grade and my new school. Despite that, a part of me still missed the junior high because I knew the campus. I knew the teachers. I knew the classes. The routine. etc.

The big lesson that I (eventually) learned from this is that, no matter how out of place and uncomfortable we feel in the here and now, the thing is, we chose to incarnate to the here and now. (Otherwise we wouldn't be here right now lol) We chose to be born into the families that we have, and the experiences and lessons we've chosen to encounter. In a way, we've carried a piece of our old homes (i.e. past lives we were super familiar and comfortable with) with us into our new homes (our current incarnation). Others affect us and we learn from them, but in that same way, our mannerisms also affect those around us.
Such as with me. It wasn't until I was wweeellllll into my twenties before I began to realize why I felt more comfortable with certain mannerisms (respectful and humble towards others), why it felt so natural for me to be that way, despite how out of place that seemed to be here in the "modern day" world we live in.
A good portion of that simply comes from that large chunk of time my past self spent reincarnating and reincarnating and reincarnating and reincarnating into the same time and area (which is kinda funny since, on three different occassions, I've had bunches of incarnations like that. My higher self purposely choosing to come back to a very set time and location. When I learned that the first time, I was shocked. I didn't even know that was possible. After the third time, I shouldn't have still been surprised, lol, but I was.)
But, on the other side of things, that also goes to affect others around me, who, although are, at first, surprised by my demeanor, but then are grateful for being treated in such a way. It's different and not like most everyone else, but, not in a bad way.

So yeah, short version, no matter how out of place you feel being in the here and now, even sorta wishing you could go back to that time and place you feel most comfortable / familiar with / drawn towards, just keep in mind that you're currently incarnated here for a reason. Maybe to help others. Maybe for others to help you.
It's not exactally easy to embrace that, but it is useful to keep in mind, and, for me, has made my time here easier. I still kinda yearn to go back to where my heart is most familiar at (though I'm clueless about the language and probably wouldn't last a day if I was there right now lol), but at the same time, I shouldn't dismiss that I'm here for a reason.

Just takin' it one day at a time, live your life as best you can, and that's good enough <3

[/ end ramble session ]
Old 12-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Knower

Thumbs up

It's easy for anyone sensitive to feel more aligned with a another time and place. The world now is simply a mess and a challenge to navigate. You clearly choose to be here, as insane as it its, be grateful because you have much to gain if open yourself up and accept it. Ya never know what may be around the next corner.....could be something absolutely amazing!
Old 13-06-2015, 06:34 AM
Master
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly13
Hi, dose anyone get the feeling that they were born in wrong century or could this be a past life thing every since I can remember I've felt this way like if I read or watch something about the 18th century it feels comfortable and familiar to me it's strange my nana always said to me am a old sole and I should of been born years ago

i do on/offf i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 13-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Master
i feal contd 2 yr 2525 dontt no why it seamss 2 b tormnt my hed it is

Old 16-06-2015, 10:54 PM
JosephSmithChristoferson

you mean like you are pro slavery and female inferiority?
just kidding, maybe you just stayed away fom a little too long
Old 17-06-2015, 01:03 AM
Pathfinder
yep I know how you feel though for me its more around the middle ages and feudal japan time frame
Old 17-06-2015, 01:25 AM
Experiencer

well

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly13
Hi, dose anyone get the feeling that they were born in wrong century or could this be a past life thing every since I can remember I've felt this way like if I read or watch something about the 18th century it feels comfortable and familiar to me it's strange my nana always said to me am a old sole and I should of been born years ago

Try living without anything past the date to which you feel connected. If it feels natural then you're probably now in the wrong time. If it feels somewhat good but not easy to now do without anything that came about after that time frame then it may be a past life or vision.
Old 19-06-2015, 10:46 PM
Experiencer
Yes modern times mystify me,I don't like very many modern things even modern music it's too noisy and too much for my senses.
I'm drawn to the edwardian era and village times in Eastern Europe.
I'm really big on tradition and will always find out the old customs for doing things.
Old 20-06-2015, 07:45 AM
Master
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupava
Yes modern times mystify me,I don't like very many modern things even modern music it's too noisy and too much for my senses.
I'm drawn to the edwardian era and village times in Eastern Europe.
I'm really big on tradition and will always find out the old customs for doing things.

yep 2 dys musc im lk wot hellll is tht iys loodd dmt mk sens lyriks dnt evn sing in tun ths days i no i cnt sing bt i trt 2 sing in tun i do

Old 29-06-2015, 01:31 PM
Knower

I've always felt a connection to certain places and time periods in the past. Ever since I was a kid, I've had certain familiar places and times that I loved to read about, or look at pictures made in that time/place.

But thanks to all that reading, I know enough about those times and places to understand that I don't want to go back. I just can't get too nostalgic, and romanticize a time and place, or see this time and place I inhabit now as "fallen" from that long-ago paradise where life was supposedly simpler.

Nobody is born in the "wrong time." If you're here, right now, it's because your soul chose to come here and work through whatever issues and challenges have carried over from previous embodiments. And I'm inclined to believe that those feelings of exile, and nostalgia for other places and times, are actually guideposts to those issues the soul wants to work on. The longings for a supposedly "simpler" time, or an era that favored one's preferred personality traits and social roles, or was more connected to nature, or that placed high value on family or village life may be the soul's reminders to itself of what it intended to work on here, now, in this time and place.

In my own case, I'm kind of a weirdo. I do have an affinity for some past eras, but what I've really always felt like was someone cast back in time from the future. In my head, I feel like I should be living in the year 2115, and that while I have come to like it here it's still awfully dirty, profligate, and brutish, compared to where I'm from. But rather than persist in longing for that beautiful, clean, more enlightened future-world at the expense of my present experience, I've decided that maybe part of my role here is to plant seeds for that future, and to embody it here and now.

So maybe it would help to examine what it is you miss and long for so much about that past place and time--and try to create that for yourself here and now. Or look at what you're resisting so tenaciously in this present life, and start seeing it as a challenge you set for yourself rather than a lot of unfair suffering imposed upon you. Become an active creator of your own experience here. You're an eternal being, and you're only embodied here for a blip of time. But what you learn here about creating peace, love, joy, and freedom for yourself and others in this slow, heavy, meat-suited reality ripples out across all lifetimes. And feeling lost, or out of time, or as if your existence here is unfair or a mistake is not a sign of spiritual advancement or being an "old soul"--it's the clues to the lessons your soul set for itself. And you'll know you're learning those lessons when you feel peace with things as they are, and a sense of purpose, and realize that you actually are in the perfect place at the perfect time, with no need to go back (or forward).