Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 06-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Loving_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Spirit moving out of "want" rather than need is what it truly means to follow your heart... your desire.. your passion... the calling of your true self.

And it is freedom -- total freedom. Freedom to be who you are -- who you "want" to be not whom you "need" to be -- and freedom to allow others to be who they "want" to be not whom you or others need them to be.

Want IS the call of the spirit. What is beyond want? You find out by following your want. If you're following your need, you're going in the wrong direction... but if you can eliminate the needs, one by one, you discover your true wants.

Make sense?

Ahaa moment :)
Old 06-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator
Laughs at sitting on a site.....Then looking at his/her fb page. or a dating online page.

If it was spelled out for you would the runner still run.....
Old 06-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Ascender

What I'm getting when reading all of your posts is learning to let go and accepting what is.
If we can let go of our "needs" and accept what is, it will provide freedom to us, no expectations, just following spontaneous, organic, pure desires straight from our hearts. Wow, what a beautiful life it would be! The seeds are sowed for this and I think I'm close to getting there...
Old 06-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Spirit moving out of "want" rather than need is what it truly means to follow your heart... your desire.. your passion... the calling of your true self.

And it is freedom -- total freedom. Freedom to be who you are -- who you "want" to be not whom you "need" to be -- and freedom to allow others to be who they "want" to be not whom you or others need them to be.

Want IS the call of the spirit. What is beyond want? You find out by following your want. If you're following your need, you're going in the wrong direction... but if you can eliminate the needs, one by one, you discover your true wants.

Make sense?

It makes sense, SQ... and there's another step yet where even wants disappear.

Or, wants show up for a moment and then are surrendered by heart into whatever the divine universe will give.

It's always better than what I thought I wanted, comes in right timing and makes me laugh.

~ ~

Old 06-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Master
Yes tealtwist, I saw that too as I opened the thread this morning, in site of each other should have been in sight but in site....

Indeed Xan... want may appear as almost an echo of pasts shared but in that completeness we would then fall back into the realm of the heart and listen for the always most obvious thing to be followed through... that little spark of joy to follow.

There is also the notion that the extensions of self into the unseen might do the initial meeting again for us... a little dance performed while the each sits just enjoying the moments.

The event didn't actually happen but I did see someone very like someone and I felt their 'inquisitiveness' on the edges of my being. Because no reaction came from me they were embolded almost to just stare which I found interesting but my heart stayed resolutely still though there were echoes of a future which may or may not come to pass.

I wouldn't call such a test but it was interesting to note that a full on physical meeting may not be on the cards but that a gradual 'feeling' out over diminishing distances actually has a certain flavour to it that resonates.

But... whatever... on the edges of complete it's all good!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Master
Little story about wanting and needing.

The other day I was passing a musical instrument shop and had a look at the guitars. I've got access to money so I've been kind nonchalantly checking out the nice wood. Nothing was really speaking to me until I came across an incredibly unadorned but beautifully made Australian guitar... so I had a play and it was lovely, very nice vibrant and inspiring bounciness to it. But I'm not one to purchase without leaving a story to unfold.

What that means is I look for connections and then remove myself from connections I feel and see if they want to cross the distance as I move away. If things are to be they'll find the ways... Eventually, about 3 hours later it occurred to me that that guitar was for someone else... but I have to go back and load it up a bit. Let it's voice be a little more resonant.

So I didn't want the guitar... but it would have been nice to have it around, then the feeling of having it around didn't quite gel but there was still something there... I got it after a while... It just needs a little love to help find it's home.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Little story about wanting and needing.

The other day I was passing a musical instrument shop and had a look at the guitars. I've got access to money so I've been kind nonchalantly checking out the nice wood. Nothing was really speaking to me until I came across an incredibly unadorned but beautifully made Australian guitar... so I had a play and it was lovely, very nice vibrant and inspiring bounciness to it. But I'm not one to purchase without leaving a story to unfold.

What that means is I look for connections and then remove myself from connections I feel and see if they want to cross the distance as I move away. If things are to be they'll find the ways... Eventually, about 3 hours later it occurred to me that that guitar was for someone else... but I have to go back and load it up a bit. Let it's voice be a little more resonant.

So I didn't want the guitar... but it would have been nice to have it around, then the feeling of having it around didn't quite gel but there was still something there... I got it after a while... It just needs a little love to help find it's home.

I love guitars, and I so love that story, you put a great big smile on face!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Master
If things are to be they'll find the ways...

true... and more true the more we trust...

~ ~

Old 07-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Loving_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDraven
I love guitars, and I so love that story, you put a great big smile on face!

I'm with Eric I don't play (it's on the bucket list) but have grown up with jam sessions singing along so my appreciation is huge for music...this completely resonates within me :):):):)
Old 07-03-2012, 03:05 AM
WhiteHorse55

Hi -

Quote:
Possibly I'm quibbling, but to me, want is very different than need.

"Need" arises from a misbelief that you are incomplete without the other. It places conditions and expectations on the other, as it looks to the other for love, rather than within. The addict "needs" his dose of drug, in ever increasing amounts.

"Want," on the other hand, arises from the belief you are already compete, that love is, as you say, already within you. It places no conditions and expectations on the other. It is the freedom to appreciate and take delight in the other for who they are, not for who you need them to be. The wine connoisseur doesn't "need" a glass of wine and can go without it -- but boy does she enjoy and want to partake in a particularly good vintage now and then.

When I read Rumi's poems, it seems to me that Rumi refers to this "wanting" -- the seeker who wants, rather than needs, is the one who finds the beloved.

Good one SQ.