Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 20-10-2010, 04:24 AM
Teh Fallen

A Strange incident

I was laying on my bed after watching some t.v and was ready to get some sleep.
Then all of a sudden as I was laying there looking at the ceiling I quickly noticed that I was unable to move or speak.
If I layed still I felt like I could move, but as soon as I tried it was as if the energy was drained from my muscles therefore making me unable to move, the same could be said about my voice.
My bedroom door was open and my father stopped by, and somehow I managed to turn my head to face him and in a very low voice yelled "hey!"
He simply acknowledged that I acknowledged him and left.
I then looked back at the ceiling, then my head turned by itself to face my glass closet.
It opened and something began flipping through my t-shirts, like flipping through a book (only touching one corner of each shirt).
I grew angry that something was not allowing me to rise, move, even though I somehow managed to turn and face my dad and say hey even if my hey was extremely soft and low I just could barely feed my vocal cords enough energy to get it to normal speaking volume.
I began yelling in my head F~U now looking at the space on top of me with just my eyes.
I just grew madder and madder(Still cursing), and realized that I had already lost the physical battle, my last resort was to separate myself mentally from the situation and force myself into a deep sleep.
I woke up the next day and to confirm that it wasn't a dream I asked my dad if I told him hey, he responded by saying yes, but you were very quiet and still thought you just wanted to be alone.
So does anyone have any ideas on what this incident means
What might really have happened to make me have these experiences?
Old 20-10-2010, 04:44 AM
Master
That was an amazing and frightening experience, the fallen. Nothing like that has ever happened to you before in any way shape or form? Creepy.

One of the first explanations it could be that you have 'talents' and whoever is 'in charge' of those talents decided to take it for a little spin. It was innocuous, nothing broke or you didn't get hurt, just scared. Or it could be the usual thought of poltergeists? Has any unusual stuff happened to others in your home ever?

Old 20-10-2010, 04:54 AM
Seeker

Have you ever had any encounters like this in the past, maybe somthing on a smaller scale perhaps
Old 20-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Teh Fallen

When I was 5 my parents were fighting and I was pulled into the bathroom by an invisible force, woke up and was 7.
It has happened like this before but only in dreams with different settings.
It did not hurt me it just kept me still, like I said the moment the signals from my brain reached my limbs to move, the energy was drawn out, and if I layed still I felt fine, it's just when I went to move something was taking the energy out of my muscles just before they could perform their duties
Strange that it went through all of my t-shirts.
I managed to break free by forcing myself to sleep.
As far as strange things around the house let me list a few
Sometimes as I walk into the kitchen to get some milk I intend to go watch some t.v, pour myself a glass and the T.v. turns on.
I go the the bathroom, and sometimes before I can turn on the light, the lights come on.
When I was in school it was nearing the end of class, and I put my head down on the desk, and closed my eyes, I somehow drifted into a light trance because I was mildly tired and was actually able to see through my close eyelids, although the image was slightly colored by the color of my eyelid skin.
Shadows here and there.
50/50 chance when mentally projecting a suggestion having someone nearby follow through (I'm a skeptic and kinda believe it to be coincidence).

Last edited by Teh Fallen : 20-10-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 20-10-2010, 06:23 AM
cheeky_monkey

I've never heard of anyone forcing themselves to sleep, you must be very strong. I can be awake for hours without being able to force myself, but then again I haven't had OBE's etc
Old 20-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Teh Fallen

I really didn't have any other choice, and it is kinda easier when each time you try to move you feel more and more "drained" :P
Old 20-10-2010, 06:39 AM
cheeky_monkey

Sorry for my lack of understanding. I imagine it was a little traumatic too. Hope you find the answers you seek, sorry I can't help shed any light.
Old 20-10-2010, 06:41 AM
Teh Fallen

Thank you for the compliment btw
You do not have a lack of understanding
and have no reason to be sorry
Thank you for simply responding :)
Old 20-10-2010, 06:50 AM
cheeky_monkey

Thank you too teh fallen. I hope in the future you feel more control over your situation. It sounds similar to paralysis but as you mention the t shirts, I don't know what it could be. My sincerest apologise for not being able to help.
Old 20-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Iskandar

Definitely sounds like sleep paralysis. I've had a few of these. Once when I was a small child, I woke up and could not move and immediately realized I was not alone. The next moment something was whispering in my ear. I freaked out and called for my parents.

When I get them now, I get false awakenings. I feel like I've awoken then when I make my way out of bed or wherever I'm sleeping I see dark shadows in the corners of my eyes and as I start crying out for help it wakes me up in the exact position I was in the 'dream'.

It's really unpleasant, but to get out of it, wriggle your extremities and you will get movement in all of your limbs.