Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 31-05-2019, 01:48 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightless

And from this point, I shall observe the results and according to that advance my research on whethere LOA is b***s*** or not. We should at least have spiritual teachings that also quaranteedly work in practical life so that people won't end up feeling misled!

The LOA seems to have morphed into something of a get rich quick and easy scheme. Whether it is bull or not I suppose depends on how it is being described. Personally, I shy away from discussing it because I do think that much of what is being sold about it in paperbacks is probably just someone peddling false hope to those who are desperate for a means to salvage a life they see as going downhill or languishing at the bottom.
Here is another definition of a LOA for you. Peddle magical easy fixes full of false hope to those who are most desperate to change their lives and you will attract loads of cash to yourself and get rich quick and easy. Now that is one LOA that has been proven again and again throughout the ages. I don’t know what the oldest profession is, but peddling false hope to the needy and desperate is definitely an ancient one, and in my view, one of the most vile. Charlatans and quacks have been around to sell their snake oil, compounding the misfortunes of the unfortunate, for as long as ignorance, suffering, and fear have been part of being human.

Having said all that, I have to acknowledge that I do not believe in a materialist universe that is passive and objective to conscious observers. The physical universe responds to the conscious observer, this is a proven scientific fact. Matter, does not exist as such outside of consciousness, this probably applies to time and space as well, though I don’t know that this is settled science. I do not believe that I exist in the universe, but rather my universe exists in me. The universe I experience is created within my awareness, on the fly, as I observe it, and at some level, is unique to me. While not a proven scientific fact, I do believe that everything in the universe I am experiencing is being created by me, although I do “download” much of the information to create it with. Much of that information is coming from you and everyone else as we all give and take from the universal consciousness, of which we are all a part. I also believe that how I create this universe has a lot to do with the experiences my soul needs to understand in order to resolve my karmas. Karma not as punishment for past misdeeds, but rather karma as ignorance, error that can only be resolved by living through experiences, sometimes over and over again, in different forms, circumstances, or lives, until my soul understands what my human mind never could.

Over and over again I have suffered misfortunes that seem to defy all the odds, delivered with impeccably bad timing. Over and over again I have cursed God and the universe for unfairly torturing me like this. Only after years and in hindsight can I occasionally now see how what was being delivered to me was not what my vain human mind thought I wanted, but instead events that would steer my soul to further growth and understanding that cannot be found in a book, and cannot be taken from me when this life experience comes to an end. My human mind still resents those who seem to have been born under a lucky star to which life and fortune seem to fall from the sky. However, another part of my mind knows that it is I who am creating my misfortunes, for reasons my human mind can never not fully appreciate. It is also I who am bringing this information into my universe about these blessed and seemingly undeserving butt heads for me to envy. Ultimately, to my limited human mind life will always be a mystery, and it will probably always covet the vain things it does not feel it has that others do. However, now there are also times when I can stop judging the notes, tone, and tempo long enough to see what a marvelous and beautiful symphony life truly is.

“And all the voices, all the goals, all the yearnings, all the sorrows, all the pleasures, all the good and evil, all of them together was the world. All of them together was the stream of events, the music of life.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha
Old 01-06-2019, 12:20 AM
Color

I peddle hope.
I peddle having the belief that your beliefs are one of the most powerful things in the world.

If you all knew how little I do...for everything in my life you would be amazed...why do I need to do so little?
Because I don't buy into the OT tale that we were meant to toil and sweat here..my belief is my adoring,
loving Father wants me to enjoy and be happy and wants to give me all that my little heart needs to be happy.

The only diff between me and another is that simple understanding...
I receive what I expect. Love and grace.
You receive what you expect.
It is called 'a self-fulfilling prophecy'.
If you believe you can, you are correct.
If you believe you can't, you are correct.

I make no secret of my love for my Holy Father/Creator/God...
And He showers me with things I can't say, because you all would think these things are impossible.
(There was a reason Proverbs 3:6 says,
Acknowledge him an all your ways and he will make straight your path....it's a Formula!)

So, all those that declare life is sooo hard ..I will continue to say....when you know the Formula...
ya don't have to work hard for huge benefits and gifts and doors to open to you.

If anyone decides to stay in a place of doubt or pessimism....that is where you will stay....until it gets so bad
something clicks in you and you say, "No more''.

Please rem my words of hope...along with others here that have discovered
ways to contentment and way more.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-06-2019, 01:30 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I make no secret of my love for my Holy Father/Creator/God...
And He showers me with things I can't say, because you all would think these things are impossible.
(There was a reason Proverbs 3:6 says,
Acknowledge him an all your ways and he will make straight your path....it's a Formula!)

So, all those that declare life is sooo hard ..I will continue to say....when you know the Formula...
ya don't have to work hard for huge benefits and gifts and doors to open to you.
Please rem my words of hope...along with others here that have discovered
ways to contentment and way more.
I believe that example Proverb 3:6 that you put speaks volumes like I guess for some it may not be as easy as it sounds, but it just goes to show that if you truly believe and align yourself with "Acknowledge him an all your ways and he will make straight your path...." Is like lighting a candle for other's to see, and can light other candles as well if other's see what it says and believes in it.

Hope other's consider what you have said about that in your post.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:41 AM
ketzer

Quote:
I peddle hope.
I peddle having the belief that your beliefs are one of the most powerful things in the world.

Hope is a good thing to peddle, there is quite a shortage of it in many peoples lives and the demand for it is high and often goes unfilled. Unfortunately, there are many who peddle hope for things they know will never be realized, and they only create despair and hopelessness in their wake.

Beliefs are one of the most powerful things in the world. The power of belief can work wonders. Of course the flip side of that is the power of beliefs can incite people to violence and start wars as well. Motivation and the belief that success is possible go hand in hand, whatever one sets out to accomplish.

I believe the difficulty of the paths we walk in life are chosen by us before we incarnate. We can stroll through a peaceful cool valley, or we can pit ourselves against a mountain and reach for the summit. We can even start at the summit and enjoy the view while scoffing at all those who are huffing and puffing as they climb. Different goals, different paths, different experiences, depends on what the soul wishes to get from it.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:08 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera
I believe that example Proverb 3:6 that you put speaks volumes like I guess for some it may not be as easy as it sounds, but it just goes to show that if you truly believe and align yourself with "Acknowledge him an all your ways and he will make straight your path...." Is like lighting a candle for other's to see, and can light other candles as well if other's see what it says and believes in it.

Hope other's consider what you have said about that in your post.

Perhaps, but I think it also helps to consider that though that path may be straight, it may not lead to where one expects to go.
The apostles acknowledged Jesus in all of their ways after his crucifixion and though God may have made straight their paths, they did not all lead to the kind of life that most are hoping for when they read about the LOA. I am not saying they lead to something bad, only that it is difficult for us to understand the larger picture peering out through our limited human minds and egos. The universe provides a path that leads to what the soul needs, which is often not what the human ego and mind want.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Hope is a good thing to peddle, there is
quite a shortage of it in many peoples lives and the demand for it is high and often goes
unfilled.
Unfortunately, there are many who peddle hope for things they know will never be realized, and they only create
despair and hopelessness
in their wake.

Beliefs are one of the most powerful things in the world. The power of belief can work wonders. Of course the
flip side of that is the power of beliefs can
incite people to violence and start wars as well.
Motivation and the belief that success is possible go hand in hand, whatever one sets out to accomplish.
I believe the
difficulty of the paths we walk in life are chosen by us before we incarnate. We can stroll through a peaceful cool valley, or we can pit ourselves against a mountain and reach for the summit. We can even start at the summit and enjoy the view while
scoffing at all those who are huffing and puffing as they climb.

Different goals, different paths, different experiences, depends on what the soul wishes to get from it.

You said a lot of good things...I could not help but notice the words I bolded.

Why do I bring this up and risk you getting mad at me?
Cuz, if we focus on the darkness, even the possibilities of darkness ...that is what we will experience or attract.
You did not ask for any advice from me...but heck, it's a forum...think of me talking in general to anyone reading here.

This is my advice, (ha, I got it from Paul and my old guru...it basically goes like this from
Col 3:2..."Focus on the things above and not the things on the earth."
When we look only to the positive, the bright side, the best outcome...we
are more likely to make this a habit....like laying tracks for a train
headed to a 'Great Place'.
Failure or despair should be banished from our minds...Why?
Because they are useless thoughts and emotions that get us nowhere..

My 2 cents, take it or leave it anyone....but, it has worked for me for many many years...
part of the Formula to a happy life here....and beyond!!!!
(And most of my life was spent not knowing this!)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Perhaps, but I think it also helps to consider that though that path may be straight, it may not lead to where one expects to go.
The apostles acknowledged Jesus in all of their ways after his crucifixion and though God may have made straight their paths, they did not all lead to the kind of life that most are hoping for when they read about the LOA. I am not saying they lead to something bad, only that it is difficult for us to understand the larger picture peering out through our limited human minds and egos. The universe provides a path that leads to what the soul needs, which is often not what the human ego and mind want.
Straight, and narrow. And yes, one should be open to expecting unexpected things, as I think that's apart of one's path regardless. It helps to have an open mind to the possibilities of where it can lead too. To not limit the doubt seeded in one's thoughts, as well as beliefs, cause that will also work against LOA. Cause that doubt will take over the driver seat of that thought linked to a core belief, and you will wonder why.

As Misshepburn explained earlier in one of her posts~
Old 06-06-2019, 12:08 PM
ketzer

Quote:
You said a lot of good things...I could not help but notice the words I bolded.

Why do I bring this up and risk you getting mad at me?
Cuz, if we focus on the darkness, even the possibilities of darkness ...that is what we will experience or attract.
You did not ask for any advice from me...but heck, it's a forum...think of me talking in general to anyone reading here.

This is my advice, (ha, I got it from Paul and my old guru...it basically goes like this from
Col 3:2..."Focus on the things above and not the things on the earth."
When we look only to the positive, the bright side, the best outcome...we
are more likely to make this a habit....like laying tracks for a train
headed to a 'Great Place'.
Failure or despair should be banished from our minds...Why?
Because they are useless thoughts and emotions that get us nowhere..

My 2 cents, take it or leave it anyone....but, it has worked for me for many many years...
part of the Formula to a happy life here....and beyond!!!!
(And most of my life was spent not knowing this!)

I see no reason why I should become angry with you. You have your understanding and I have mine. The differences between them is what makes a forum such as this valuable. Perception of depth requires two eyes. Two different opposing views of reality can in fact both be equally true, perhaps this is because realities never actually “oppose” one another.
Your citation is in interesting one. Not being an accomplished thumper myself I had to look it up. By chance the first citation I came across gave some interesting cross references.

Matthew 16:23
“But Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me. For you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."
Philippians 3:19
“Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and their glory is in their shame. Their minds are set on earthly things.”

Both speak to what I see as the problem with how the LOA is often peddled. As a magic formula to bring worldly riches to the user. Just be positive, speak and write using positive verbs and nouns, believe good luck is coming your way and soon it will. IDK, perhaps worldly riches do show up at the door for some. Just how valuable these riches prove to be is hard to know, and ultimately I suppose, for them to judge. Worldly riches are not inherently bad, but chasing and holding onto them can become a powerful distraction for many, and an obsession for some, capturing and holding one's attention. Causing them to focus too much on the things of the earth, making it hard to see the spiritual nature underlying the life experience.

Matthew 19:24
“Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

Positive thinking is indeed a very powerful force, but IMO it is not a magical formula for riches. The magic it conjures up is the courage and motivation that is needed to get out of bed and face the trials and tribulations that most of us deal with in daily life. It is made possible by faith. Not faith that God is going to pay off all my debts and fatten my bank account for me. Faith that although we all suffer in life, and that it may be hard to understand and accept all this suffering, that beneath it all, there is a purpose and meaning to this life experience. The more one seeks about looking for a magic formula to end all their suffering and find riches, the harder it can be to see the spiritual wealth that is all around them. Which is a shame, because that spiritual wealth is one thing that can make that burden of suffering seem a good bit lighter.

“When someone seeks," said Siddhartha, "then it easily happens that his eyes see only the thing that he seeks, and he is able to find nothing, to take in nothing because he always thinks only about the thing he is seeking, because he has one goal, because he is obsessed with his goal. Seeking means: having a goal. But finding means: being free, being open, having no goal.”
― Herman Hesse, Siddhartha
Old 06-06-2019, 01:48 PM
Angel1

Quote:
.... You have your understanding and I have mine. The differences between them is what makes a forum such as this valuable. Perception of depth requires two eyes.
Two different opposing views of reality can in fact both be equally true,
perhaps this is because realities never actually “oppose” one another.
Thank you, ketzer. This was a very wise post.
I'm going to use that sentence sometimes that I bolded...great way to put it!

Added:(I ended up going on and on...not directing my tangent to you personally, ketzer! LOL....I do that...hopefully it will benefit someone!)

Btw, personally speaking, I don't think of LOA as a magical 'riches' tool, per se.
If someone is, I can't really speak to that...it will be up to them to
figure out what is imp to them.

However, if a person is struggling...that would be the first thing they would think of, probably...to

somehow use their focus, their emotions, their thoughts and expectations, maybe prayers...to draw
to them a better financial situation...struggling vs easily paying bills is so common.

But, there are other issues: you have the attracting or sabotaging healthy relationships, secured living situations,
most importantly health along with mental health,
self esteem, a general light-heartedness in life.
LOA isn't necessarily a get rich quick scheme.

It can be fun to think of attracting $100 million...but really people want to be
burden free, stress free about bills or their health and love life.

For me LOA is just understanding how this Universe and life 'work'.
So many struggle with so much:
low self-esteem, depression, illnesses, troubled relationships, ya know...
it is so important to know
we have control of our emotions and thoughts...we decide
where to place our focus...and that focus powerfully effects our life.

As Abraham often states, We are here to help you...not change your religion, etc.
Being happy feels better than being unhappy, period.
My belief is we are here to enjoy....maybe we struggle a bit learning how exactly to enjoy our life, ha.
Abraham calls that contrast....when we see what we don't want ...we then choose what we do want...
they help us figure out how to get that...

hey, that can be God realization or elevation of $$ problems...taking our focus.

The way I came to to 'manifesting good things in my life', starting in the 70s, was by accident, later accepting that I was an heir
of Christ's...and that I had power...this is what he taught.

He told us

-Ask. Believe you already have what you have asked of the Father, and receive what you have
asked of Him....and
-SAY to the mountain...
-Give Him your burdens.
-Be not be afraid.
-Seek His Kingdom first...
-Do not worry or be anxious for anything (Paul)
-Cast your cares...
-Don't be concerned about food and shelter...doesn't our Father take care of the birds and the lilies of the field?
-You do not have because before this you do not ask....don't be double minded...
(doubt, sending conflicting signals) in James 4.

-Jesus wanted us to be carefree and have abundant lives.
-He healed everyone that came to him ...doing His Father's Will.

LOA is the Brilliant System that was created by our Heavenly Father.
As is Sowing and Reaping..
And seeking Him first and His Kingdom....there is a Formula to success...in
this life and the Hereafter...
Would it be nice if everyone realized God Himself is the Goal?
Yes....and they will realize that if they don't at first...I have complete confidence in that...this LOA 'thing' is a step
closer to awakening to the wonders of God Himself.

Will a toddler learning how to walk, eventually walk towards God after many distractions? Yup.

My take, anyway.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 06-06-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:59 PM
ketzer

Quote:
So many struggle with so much:
low self-esteem, depression, illnesses, troubled relationships, ya know...
[color=Black]it is so important to know we have control of our emotions and thoughts...

Quite true. Just as it is true that so many have so much yet struggle away all the more.

Perhaps this explains why Eeyore can never quite get himself a house that can stand up to the storms, and yet Pooh gives up his own and finds himself quite happy and content moving in with Piglet.

Proverbs
"3 By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; 4 through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures."

Matthew 7:25
"The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."

I seem to be thumping a bit lately? :)