Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 31-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Suspended
*throws peanut at andy*

I'd just like to pipe up and say I'm very much enjoying the discussion.

Personally I find examples, such as the bladder and the wet ground, to be extremely helpful in understanding what you guys are talking about.

*slinks off to the back with renewed popcorn*
Old 31-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
*throws peanut at andy*

Dont ask me why!
Old 31-07-2011, 04:39 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

My life has acquired a certain complexity recently, temporary but demanding a certain level of attention.. i will answer you question directly, now.. and, explain my understanding and reasoning as time permits..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Does the number and nature of self matter to you, Tzu?
No, i am interested in nature and quality of experience, and.. i am entertaining the possibility that self and experience may be so inextricably entangled as to be indistinguishable.. but, as i said, more as time permits.. and, i do not have a fixed format for this discussion, so please feel free to expand the discussion while i am dealing with other matters.. i am very interested in this process..

Be well..
Old 01-08-2011, 01:38 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
i am entertaining the possibility that self and experience may be so inextricably entangled as to be indistinguishable..

careful, that's coming very close to blasphemy. Self and Experience, if there is only one, which do you choose? The mind has a hard time equating the two as it reverts to conceptual understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
but, as i said, more as time permits.. and, i do not have a fixed format for this discussion, so please feel free to expand the discussion while i am dealing with other matters.. i am very interested in this process..

Be well..

I do enjoy a good conversation. And I love to paint with words. Looking forward to more. For now I will free myself to interact with others' contributions.

*throws a peanut into Andy's afro*
Old 01-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Topology

Hey Moke,

How do you feel that your studies into cognitive psychology have given you insights into yourself? (I'm looking for what you walked away with in your words, not a paste from a psychology book).

Enlightener,

What does self-actualization mean to you?

Andrew G,

Your descriptions of diamonds sounds a lot like the crystal analogy I gave at the beginning of the thread. What does it feel like to be in the interior of a diamond, looking out through it?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Hey Moke,

How do you feel that your studies into cognitive psychology have given you insights into yourself? (I'm looking for what you walked away with in your words, not a paste from a psychology book).

Enlightener,

What does self-actualization mean to you?

Andrew G,

Your descriptions of diamonds sounds a lot like the crystal analogy I gave at the beginning of the thread. What does it feel like to be in the interior of a diamond, looking out through it?

Hey Top, yes I thought it was probably pretty similar.

Your question has given me something to ponder on and off this morning. I think my answer to the question would vary somewhat depending on my situation and state, but right at this very moment Im not sure that I would say that Im in the interior of a diamond looking out through it. At this moment I would say that I am the whole diamond (i.e. the ever changing totality of mind, body and soul) and that the seeing/looking is more 'coming through me'. Im not totally sure what that means, its just what springs to mind.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Hey Top, yes I thought it was probably pretty similar.

Your question has given me something to ponder on and off this morning. I think my answer to the question would vary somewhat depending on my situation and state, but right at this very moment Im not sure that I would say that Im in the interior of a diamond looking out through it. At this moment I would say that I am the whole diamond (i.e. the ever changing totality of mind, body and soul) and that the seeing/looking is more 'coming through me'. Im not totally sure what that means, its just what springs to mind.

If you are the whole diamond, and the looking is going through the inside of you, have you ever sat with another diamond, you looking at it and it looking at you with an unwavering gaze?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
If you are the whole diamond, and the looking is going through the inside of you, have you ever sat with another diamond, you looking at it and it looking at you with an unwavering gaze?

Yes, its a beautiful thing. My wife and children are into all this too, and sometimes we just sit and look with an unwavering gaze into each other's eyes. My stepson, who is 9, sometimes takes a bit of time to wake up after he has been sleeping and so in the morning we will sometimes sit and look into each others eyes for a few minutes. A bit of emotion might come up and the emotion is allowed to be here....within a few minutes his eyes are clear and he is ready for the day.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Topology

absolutely beautiful
Old 01-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Master
Quote:
absolutely beautiful