Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
So now, all we have to do is get other people to stop punishing everyone for 'evil' or poor choices?

It is no so much other people as it is the self.

Self love is the art of accepting all that we are. The good, the bad, and the ugly can be recognized as expressions of diverse energies. When we stop punishing the self, we can start to appreciate our divinity within.

It is never a good idea to "get other people" to think or feel in any particular way that we see as good. Respecting all ways of being is central to the quest of experiencing self love. As soon as we find fault with another, the inner child is harmed. That is because The Child knows how we are all connected and entangled with each other.

It is our authentic expression that will best influence the thoughts and feelings of others. Their choice is up to them. Bless what ever it is and you will be blessed.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-11-2010, 08:17 PM
LightFilledHeart

Since I define christ as a consciousness and Jesus as an ordinary man who achieved it, I am inclined to view the "second coming" as the awakening of christ consciousness across the planet, ushering in a new paradigm where life here is lived in higher consciousness than has been expressed by the masses up to that point.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
It is no so much other people as it is the self.

Self love is the art of accepting all that we are. The good, the bad, and the ugly can be recognized as expressions of diverse energies. When we stop punishing the self, we can start to appreciate our divinity within.

It is never a good idea to "get other people" to think or feel in any particular way that we see as good. Respecting all ways of being is central to the quest of experiencing self love. As soon as we find fault with another, the inner child is harmed. That is because The Child knows how we are all connected and entangled with each other.

It is our authentic expression that will best influence the thoughts and feelings of others. Their choice is up to them. Bless what ever it is and you will be blessed.

John

John, I am generally in total agreement with you. And here it is the same. We do best by the example we set/show/give to the world.

However, and I find this to be a general obstacle in the collective at present...there is for some this idea that to progress spiritually we must allow everyone to do whatever they want.
  • It is a reality that persons will be at different places on their path.
  • It is a reality that persons will come to the realisation of spiritual truths at different places and times, as fits their journey.
  • And it is a reality that we must accept all where they are, and at the same time respect the rights of everyone to walk their own path in harmony with and alongside others.
This means that whilst I do not judge the murderer in the sense that I am not the all-knowing One...it does mean that I and the collective "at large" (LOL...wherever it is) must exercise good judgment and protect the vulnerable. This by and large means everyone else.

I find that it is difficult for some to make this leap unless you frame it personal terms...is it ok for X to murder your partner, child, parent, or friend in order to work out their demons...and eventually come to terms with it if not in this life then at some point on their eternal path? Or rather is it the responsibility of the collective to accept this burden (that X will murder), and deal with it in a way that is most merciful and compassionate to all, the many and the one?

IMO it is a collective act of mercy and (good) judgment to separate the murderer from those he would deem prey or restitution for his ills or whatever reality his state of mind may create for him. I and we (collective) cannot conjur his remorse, or a sense of responsibility or instill in him a higher ethic. He will have to find that on his own, with the support and resources of the collective.

But IMO spiritual progress does not mean survival of the fittest in the basest sense...do you agree? We are each our brothers' and sisters' keeper...not their owner, but their fellow traveller.

Peace,
7L
Old 10-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Guide
Quote:
Hello,

In my view that Second Coming is about the discovery of the Christ energy within each of us. That was my understanding when I studied the teachings of Jesus.

The God of love does not punish poor choices or judge any choice as evil or wrong. Love recognizes inappropriate choices as a learning experience. Once we understand the teachings of Jesus is when, in my view, the 2nd Coming has arrived.

John

Actually I'm pretty sure that God does judge our choices even if he does not judge us for our choices. I think that punishments for our choices don't come directly from God but as a natural consequences of our actions. If you reject God and righteousness then as a natural consequence of that you may also be rejecting eternal life. Otherwise I think God is full of Grace and although you probably won't be able to escape the consequences of your actions, with God's Grace, if you allow it in your life, the consequences are not anything that can interfere with your eternal soul. And punishment isn't the right word for it.

I definitely think that Jesus is literally planning on returning. I believe in a Christ consciousness also that will arrive slowly prior to and after Jesus's return. But the man known as Jesus will return.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Master
It is my understanding that the more we can think like our divine essence, the more compassion we will have for our present state of being.

How can we discourage harming others as a way of being and still find the Christ energy in that person who choose to cause harm?

I suspect that the answer is what defines our human consciousness and our near term potentials. How heart centered is it? How close is it to a mother's compassion for her child that has harmed another?

I ask myself these things and do my best to find answers that feel right for me.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 11-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Hmm. Very nice little vignette about what your son said, that is just beautiful.

And why is it we need to remind ourselves all the time some very important things that Jesus said. the kingdom is within us?
Thanks, Silvergirl.
My kids amaze me sometimes... in many ways...

Maybe deep within our consciousness, there's is a unified chord or message that is in everyone's - those who live(d)/will live - in the past, present & future. It seems that some messages of Jesus can potentially tap into the kingdom of God already within us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspirit
I definitely think that Jesus is literally planning on returning. I believe in a Christ consciousness also that will arrive slowly prior to and after Jesus's return. But the man known as Jesus will return.
What could he do for us, upon returning? Isn't spiritual work individual & internal? Remember, the Jews were so happy to have their King of Kings & praised him as he rode a donkey through Jerusalem. Then, soon after, yelled, "Crusify Him!" Why the sudden change? Their hopes were disappointed - because they believed he'd save them in ways that only they could do themselves. (IMO ;) )
Old 11-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Master
Jesus no longer exists, so he can't wait..

There are no saviours and deities.
Change is here, right now. Every individual can change.

Action is required, not faith.

My 2 pennies.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Hello,
In my view that Second Coming is about the discovery of the Christ energy within each of us. That was my understanding when I studied the teachings of Jesus.
The God of love does not punish poor choices or judge any choice as evil or wrong. Love recognizes inappropriate choices as a learning experience. Once we understand the teachings of Jesus is when, in my view, the 2nd Coming has arrived.
John
Ah, the Christ Consciousness - yes. Btw, have you read Yogananda's - 2 Vols on the The Second Coming of Christ.

But, Inspirit - I totally understand - I vacillate from my old school ingrained Christian teachings and to more of what John is speaking of.
I also think - if Jesus is really coming back in physical form ----He just couldn't come now ---so many are so lost...give us more time...:bowedhead: emoticon.

I understood in a flash of an insightful moment- OMG. I saw why Christians spoke so much about Jesus actually returning ---and I "got" how He'll do it!

Quote:
Actually I'm pretty sure that God does judge our choices even if he does not judge us for our choices. I think that punishments for our choices don't come directly from God but as a natural consequences of our actions. If you reject God and righteousness then as a natural consequence of that you may also be rejecting eternal life. Otherwise I think God is full of Grace and although you probably won't be able to escape the consequences of your actions, with God's Grace, if you allow it in your life, the consequences are not anything that can interfere with your eternal soul. And punishment isn't the right word for it.

- inspirit
I agree "punishment" is not the right word for it.
As far as judging - I believe the briliant System of Cause and Effect, Sowing and Reaping takes care of things on it's own - like the Law of Gravity takes care of things.

Judging? You know, I have so little judgment left in me as a human - I go. "If I can forgive or not be effected by so much - just think how God feels about things that might seem offensive - since HE Is Love Itself!"
Piece o' cake to let any 'offense' go by the wayside because all He wants is our love for Him.
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Since I define christ as a consciousness and Jesus as an ordinary man who achieved it, I am inclined to view the "second coming" as the awakening of christ consciousness across the planet, ushering in a new paradigm where life here is lived in higher consciousness than has been expressed by the masses up to that point.
Whoa, well put!
:applause:
Miss Hepburn

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
And why is it we need to remind ourselves all the time some very important things that Jesus said. the kingdom is within us?

I hear wisdom and in 3 minutes I need to hear it again.
It's like food for my soul - and I have an eating obsession.
Miss Hepburn

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 11-11-2010 at 09:51 PM.