Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-03-2018, 03:08 AM
Guide

Flowing like water

A wise man once said......

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

I will take it even further by adding...

"Be like water in that it flows when pulled and does not slow down to decided which way it shall go next."

Lately I have been experimenting or more like surrendering. I have came to the understanding and acceptance that my life is in Gods hands. I am a co creator in that I ask and want certain things to happen but how it happens its all up to God. I have learned that things are happening all the time and without my control and to just flow with it. If what I asked requires more wisdom then that wisdom will come in the form of experiences... it may be sad... they may be pleasurable but non the less I believe how one believes it happens to them is how they come about or manifest. Not so much as what idea they have for what will be the lesson but what the person really believes subconsciously about how they perceive reality to be or even in a way the universe knows how to motivate you. One may be optimistic and see things like this but another being may see hardships as the reality of the world. In this I believe is how the universe shapes us until we are conscious enough to change how we think and interact with reality.

I am very much in the same boat as anyone else but I feel like I am able to be within the boat as I know its destination as I flow with the current and not against it.

So specifically I have ran into situations where I am doing something and I have more tasks to do but I am not able to reference exactly what time I need to be or do something. Lately I have seen occurrences where you could say it was perfect timing. It seems that If I all ready have the plans made with an outcome in mind and I just go out and start acting on those plans what ever happens is what needs to happen.

Even if I try to plan out everything to the grain, those plans seem to always be foiled and then there is a void where the unplanned circumstances happens. What I have learned is that when this happens for me to be honest and true to myself and do what I believe right and to do so without excess or internal conflict. One may spend time thinking on what actions to take when the world and universe around him is still in motion.

This whole area of manifestation or walking the plain of materialization this smoothly is new to me. It is hard to capture what is happening and translate into words. Also I am not quite sure that this applies to everyone.

I guess you could say that my experience could be summed up into this metaphoric expression that also takes place in real life everyday.

I was watching the birds eat and chirp and play over in the dirt. They seemed preoccupied with what they were doing... but then they all took off in a instance seemingly unprovoked... different species of birds all flew as one as they created a spiral looking flight formation. They dove, dipped and leaned to the left and the right and without any collisions. They seemed to keep the same distance from each other at all times. One could say... oh the birds are smart and think fast enough to stay within a flight formation. That may be true but I think its more than that. I feel like they are flying in formation and are spaced equal distant from each other through electromagnetic means... or in new age terms. I think their auras were essentially the borders.

The other question that I gleamed from all this was... where were they going Why did they fly like that? Do birds actually see worms on the ground and fly down as a pack to devour them? How do they find food hundreds of feet away almost instantly? Im not sure as they are unanswered questions but I can only assumed that these birds are pulled through laws similar to the law of attraction. Possibly but who knows.... what a bird wants is simple... food... a mate... and place to live.....

:)

Thanks for reading.
Old 20-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Master

It takes a long time to learn how to step out of the way and allow things to be as they are. We habitually want things to be a certain way, to have particular outcomes. To use your water analogy, this is sometimes called trying to push the river. The river flows where it flows. All we can do is respond to whatever presents itself to be done.

It helps to be centred in the stillness of our inner Self. When we are aligned with our higher nature then everything flows and circumstances seem to come together with perfect synchronicity. So when we encounter unexpected obstacles or things don't go as we want, perhaps that is a reflection of us being out of alignment.

As you say, it comes down to surrender, the letting go of all resistance. There is just consciousness experiencing whatever arises in each moment, without worrying about the next moment. It is about living in complete trust that all is good and we are safe, whatever happens. Easy to say, not so easy to live.

Peace.
Old 20-03-2018, 07:22 PM
Master
It's not a spiritually exclusive mindset thats for sure.

"Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)" quite appropriately is a song from "the man who new too much" 1956.
The phrase was first documented in the 16th century as an English heraldic motto.

For me the water narrative presents adaptability - changing shape to acclimatise oneself within any particular situation.

It is often forgotten that water is a capable barrier breaker, over time it wears them down until they crumble - allowing the water to break through.
Also water in the form of Ice can force the same action as above but at a much faster rate.

The river is essentially water adapting to it's current situation, its direction only so due to being forced into a direction continuously. They can always be diverted, overflow or dry up ...

Thats merely my point of view to ponder if you choose.

Whatever gets you through the day I guess

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 20-03-2018, 07:54 PM
Suspended
This whole go with the flow thing is not good, it's peaceful an nice but doing it for too long is not good, the current may take you some place you don't want to go or the water stops moving... and now people will say then be with that, I did I've done it before, it's a sweet waste of time in the end, I swim against the flow now or dig a path in the dirt making the water flow where I want.
Old 20-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Suspended
Actually iv come back to correct myself, what i do now is not really going against the flow or going with it, maybe a bit of both at times, i listen an look out for or get signs from the universe and follow my intuition with things the best i can.
Old 20-03-2018, 09:27 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
This whole go with the flow thing is not good, it's peaceful an nice but doing it for too long is not good, the current may take you some place you don't want to go or the water stops moving... and now people will say then be with that, I did I've done it before, it's a sweet waste of time in the end, I swim against the flow now or dig a path in the dirt making the water flow where I want.
I agree. Going with the flow denies any critical discernment and questioning, worse, it avoids experiment which to me in spiritual terms denies a vital individuality.

Going with the flow could lead to spiritual atrophy if it flowed without direction.
Old 20-03-2018, 10:13 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I agree. Going with the flow denies any critical discernment and questioning, worse, it avoids experiment which to me in spiritual terms denies a vital individuality.

Going with the flow could lead to spiritual atrophy if it flowed without direction.

Yup, I agree with what you said too, however from my experience of being in that go with the flow/letting go state critical discernment didn't matter to much because you really don't care what happends to you or your life, questioning, there are no questions, not saying you have the answers to everything but knowing things is just not important and the vital individual is gone..or expanded.

I had to learn to intergrate this so I could function better in the world today. It was actually helpful in ways, so not a waste of time at all but to stay just like that and not involve yourself with the human experiance is not so good imo.

My second post was just saying to also pay attention to signs and synchroncitys and inutiton as Well..
Old 21-03-2018, 02:47 AM
Guide

:) Thank you for all the posts...

I think there was a miss understanding in my post lol. I dont mean just go with the river and flow where ever it takes you lol. That is a good way to get lost or potentially sent down the wrong path unknowlly heading stragiht for a waterfall. What I want to clarify is knowing or having an idea or goal where you want to end up and taking action. (One must decide where they want to go before they jump within the river that leads to the goal. Once at the bank of the river, one must decide to get in the boat. After in the boat one paddles and guides them self within the river but the river is what is ultimately what gets one to their destination. Of course there maybe rocks, crocodiles, or hippos that may be introduced to help one understand how to overcome such obstacles in the future.)

:)
Old 21-03-2018, 07:32 AM
Lorelyen

Yes, mea culpa for letting the topic drift a little or maybe emphasisig one side of it. Very right, one needs to set a course. It may need changing as one gets into new territory but at least having some kind of goal is necessary.

It's this old matter (to me) of asking oneself "why?" and "what do I hope to achieve?" which for some may be just a small ask at first but at least it unties them from the mooring!

Old 21-03-2018, 07:36 AM
Master
That 'wise man' was Bruce Lee, was it not?