Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-04-2011, 04:13 PM
mac

"uote: I'm making enquiries to get this business in perspective.
Let me know when you have .. I'll be interested to see your findings! Could take a while but if anything concrete comes up I'll start a new thread...
Has mediumship always been this way? If so then I've missed every reference to the possibility/likelihood of incarnates being involved this way in mediumship.....
As far as I'm aware, Gordon Higginson experienced something similar with a man who was in a coma. That takes the subject back a few decades....Gordon Smith has also experienced it whilst visiting a hospital in Glasgow I think it was. That's recent....I'd have to find out the exact details as it's been rather a long time since I read it! If you do I'd appreciate the reference to read it myself...

If this is a learning curve I need to understand why it's taken this long for the learning to come about - and how significant it is.

I must admit, I hadn't looked at the significance of it lol. But I think it's because Spirit and awareness are evolving that it's happening. I could be wrong though? Maybe this is a significant change but maybe it's just an odd flyer which is down to what I suggested before - individuals who are highly evolved/experienced enough to 'know the ropes' of such communication....

It's such a contrast between your example and that of den. His was a case of a guru sending a message through a third party to a student. Yours is a case of an old lady communicating with a grandchild. Of course both incarnates may be highly spiritually evolved and hence know the mechanism of such communication.
Is it such a contrast though when we are all Spirit? I don't know! lol Yes the two individuals concerned and the cases are very different from each other. And yes it's a contrast because although we are all animated by our spirit form, generally that form appears to be deeply integrated during wakefulness (allowing here for AP/AT during sleep) Actively dissociating into spirit and physical forms while awake seems not to be a common feature - or we'd hear about it....

I remain puzzled..... I can understand you remaining puzzled mac, so am I.. but I'm also very very privalaged that I've had this experience. Yes it must be something that stays with you but my need is to understand why and how. I'm analytical by nature and by training and mentally taking something apart is what comes naturally until I'm satisfied with what I find.

Watch this space....
Old 12-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Jules

Ooohhh I understand that need allright mac lol. I look forward to awaiting any results! .. I've contacted Gordon Smith direct so see what we get back from it lol. xx
Old 12-04-2011, 06:26 PM
deepsea

Such an interesting post.

So you are receiving information from a 'live' relative,as in spirit giving messages?

Just an idea but will mention it,would it be thought transference?

Keep going,lads,I'm learning something here very interesting.

Deepsea
Old 12-04-2011, 07:11 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Ooohhh I understand that need allright mac lol. I look forward to awaiting any results! .. I've contacted Gordon Smith direct so see what we get back from it lol. xx

excellent! I shall be interested to hear what he has to add, Ju.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:13 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Such an interesting post.

So you are receiving information from a 'live' relative,as in spirit giving messages?

Just an idea but will mention it,would it be thought transference?

Keep going,lads,I'm learning something here very interesting.

Deepsea

Can't comment on thought transference - that's up to Jules.

it's disappointing - but understandable - that this topic doesn't appear to have interested anyone else.....

A sad indictment of the state of modern mediumship perhaps?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:52 PM
deepsea

Another idea but sounds a bit silly.
Could spirit be giving information to the grandmother and without realising it,Jules is picking up through the thoughts or mind of grand mother?

No,that is too far fetched!

Deepsea

Old 12-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Jules

LOL deepsea :) .. and welcome to the convo! And noo you're not being silly at all.

I think all mediumship is thought transference anyway in the form of words, symbols and pictures. So in that respect yes it will be. But on the flip side of the coin, no it definately wasn't coming via a third party.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
deepsea

Didn't think it was,Jules.

Got to fill the space up on the forums somehow.

Deepsea
Old 12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Jules

LOL LOVE IT!! ;) x
Old 12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Knower

Cracking thread !! Just wondering wasnt their a TV programme with Colin Fry where he gave a reading to a woman. He passed messages on from the son but it transpired the son was in a coma at the end of the reading. I think Colin said it was possible to pick up such people in those situations.

Mmm transplant patients, or those in a coma I wonder, blimey its one to ponder ????