Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Experiencer
drawn to the moon?

For a while I have noticed that I am for some reason very drawn/attracted to the moon...it hypnotizes me, almost like it wants me to notice & acknowledge it. It brings me feelings of curiosity & gratitude? Just wondering if anyone else feels this way or know what it means-if it has any spiritual significance. :)
Old 19-11-2013, 04:40 AM
Master

The moon is the biggest and brightest object in the night sky. It's gravity pulls the tides of the earth's oceans and seas so if it can do that it's not surprising that humans are drawn to the moon and affected by its phases as well since we are partly water, too.

It's been noted in police departments that on a full moon people are more apt to do crazy things.
Old 19-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Experiencer
that's where the term "lunacy" comes from. I just think that whole concept is interesting. I wish I understood the dynamics of why it causes people to do crazy things allegedly.
Old 19-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Master

Hi there

I've been observing and being affected by the moon recently - more and more. And it's interesting that you posted when you did, just after a full moon.

The mother moon is a gentle loving energy but it can be quite direct and a wake up - it needs interpretation and understanding and relates to us in all sorts of ways.

Have a look over at the astrology section - you will find many people who are learning about the moon and the stars and the power - and what it means. I'm a novice but I do find I have a relationship with the moon and it's curious to understand.
Old 19-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Experiencer
Thanks Belle. that was just what I needed to hear. I'll check out the astrology section! :)
Old 21-11-2013, 05:26 PM
RainbowAngel

I am very drawn to the moon. Not sure if its just the beautiful subtle light shining away in the dark sky that attracts me? Or a energy attraction?
But when i look at it i always feel gratitude and wonder about how beautiful our world is ★
Old 21-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Master

The moon is my ruling planet so yes, I feel drawn to it.
Old 25-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Master
I am drawn to it too and for some reason a full moon makes me want to meditate.
Old 25-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Free_Spirit1983

I'm no expert on the moon from an astrological perspective but I know the basics of what the different moon phases represent,

This really helps with my shamanic work as one of the things a shaman is trained to do is to be a fire keeper..

I now hold my ceremonial fires with the moon cycle, I find it really helpful for going inside and letting go / shedding the past with the full moon then setting goals and intentions of the things I want to grow with the new

Also the moon cycle of 28 days is the same amount of time needed to change the DNA - for that reason I have a piece of work I do with all clients to embody how they feel / how their world looks after a healing session.. and have them map this for 28 days after a session,

The moon is so beautiful and working with her I feel brings harmony and flow
Old 26-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Experiencer
That's really amazing @Free Spirit. I too feel the flow of energy & the tranquility when I allow the moon to hypnotize me.
Strangely, last night I had an interesting dream about witnessing a lunar eclipse in my back yard. The moon was full & beautiful & drawing to me as usual..but the sky was full of stars & looked as if I was staring into the milkyway..it was so bright & clear & shimmering..which was not normal since I live in town & there's light pollution.
The eclipse happened & it was different from a normal eclipse...the moon phases were all lined up underneath the moon & aligning in such a way into the moon. One of the moon phases had a strange symbol on it & looked kind of like a yin & yang symbol. strange.