Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 12-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Master

I was given my name White Warrior by my spirit guide. It concerned me somewhat in the beginning as it sounds slightly racist - which I am emphatically not - but I later understood that white in a spiritual reference refers to other things than skin color. Warrior I got an explanation for right away, it means 'upholding the code of the tribe'.

Kaere, you might find it amusing to learn that your name means 'dear' in Danish.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Kaere, you might find it amusing to learn that your name means 'dear' in Danish.

I did know that actually, I think it's quite neat.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Master
Semper--

[Did you try for SemperV and someone else already had it? Very clever.]

Seems to me there are two discussions going on here: Guides names and your True Name. I have no knowledge of True Names.

As to guides, though, you might not stress yourself out with the name as you will find as time goes on that (a) the actual name you call them doesn't really matter--to them or to you. If you realize that all of us have had many, many incarnations (most guides have), then what "name" you give is kind of arbitrary and related maybe to the incarnations you have shared with them, if any. But mostly, it just matters that you can identify the entity behind the name, the feel of them in your gut. Then you won't be fooled by others and will know who you are talking to and have trust in that. (b) As time goes on you may feel your guide(s) changing, morphing so that you might not feel as "close" to them as you once did.

That, I believe, is because of their growth and yours--expanding out to encompass more and more awareness of other consciousnesses within the personality you knew. So it changes, may seem less involved in day-to-day activities but still reachable when you want.

So, you got some names. Pick the one you think is right for your guide. Address them as such. But begin to truly know and feel the entity you are addressing and you'll be fine. It's kinda like our Screen names here. We chose an arbitrary one. We can pick new ones whenever we want--it doesn't change who we are.

Lora
Old 12-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Semper--

[Did you try for SemperV and someone else already had it? Very clever.]

Seems to me there are two discussions going on here: Guides names and your True Name. I have no knowledge of True Names.

As to guides, though, you might not stress yourself out with the name as you will find as time goes on that (a) the actual name you call them doesn't really matter--to them or to you. If you realize that all of us have had many, many incarnations (most guides have), then what "name" you give is kind of arbitrary and related maybe to the incarnations you have shared with them, if any. But mostly, it just matters that you can identify the entity behind the name, the feel of them in your gut. Then you won't be fooled by others and will know who you are talking to and have trust in that. (b) As time goes on you may feel your guide(s) changing, morphing so that you might not feel as "close" to them as you once did.

That, I believe, is because of their growth and yours--expanding out to encompass more and more awareness of other consciousnesses within the personality you knew. So it changes, may seem less involved in day-to-day activities but still reachable when you want.

So, you got some names. Pick the one you think is right for your guide. Address them as such. But begin to truly know and feel the entity you are addressing and you'll be fine. It's kinda like our Screen names here. We chose an arbitrary one. We can pick new ones whenever we want--it doesn't change who we are.

Lora

Thank you so much Walker -- that was really helpful.

SemperVI is actually just a shortened Latin phrase that I use to remind me of what is really important to me. Some people think it is Semper 7 or "Always 7" but in reality it is fully "Semper Veritas Fidelis" English translation "Always faithful to the truth" or Always true in faith literally. Similar to the US Marine Coirps moto"Semper Fidelis" or Always Faithful. So there you have it.

OhhRahh
Old 12-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Master

Err. VI is actually 6. Not 7. Which might give the name rather more physical allegations...
Old 12-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Err. VI is actually 6. Not 7. Which might give the name rather more physical allegations...

Lol - duh, I knew that... Ha ha - That was honestly a brain fart. My bad I was talking to my friend who came over and was posting this at the same time and for some reason thought it was 7 when in fact I knew VI was actually 6 - mus have been distracted. Having said that -- I have little to know knowledge of numbers other than the patterns they seemingly represent. I have no intrinsic idea what qualities any of them have other than knowing they are indeed significant.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
Thank you so much Walker -- that was really helpful.

SemperVI is actually just a shortened Latin phrase that I use to remind me of what is really important to me. Some people think it is Semper 7 or "Always 7" but in reality it is fully "Semper Veritas Fidelis" English translation "Always faithful to the truth" or Always true in faith literally. Similar to the US Marine Coirps moto"Semper Fidelis" or Always Faithful. So there you have it.

OhhRahh

OhhRahh--

Yes, I was thinking a clever form of "Semper Fi" (i.e. Semper Five!) but that FIve was taken!

Lora
Old 13-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Niebla0007

Your True Name and Guides names

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
I recently read an article regarding spirit names which I was told everyone has. Anyway, I decided to meditate and channel my guides twice today.
How does one determine what is what. Should I go back to the drawing board and ask again? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. In fact, this is the whole reason I decided to reach out for help and sign up for this forum.

How about trying to get in touch with your Higher Self?
I presume that your question concerns your soul's name afterall.
It's simply about getting down to your very essence & soul.
(In general, you may simply name yourself just as how you want to express yourself)

As far as I read about guide names, which to some -
doesn't really matter (some people do not get even get names)
Guide's names are derived from syllables/words which simply describes the particular guide,
the names often end with the being's origin or soul group.
(just like how we call somebody from America an American)

In naming oneself,(such as yourself) one can always find the words which best describes what one aspires to in spirit.
Then, use numerology to reduce it all into one number.
Then, take the name corresponding to your Life Path Number (the reduced number out of your DOB)
This is the point where I'd choose to meditate for confirmation about the name chosen.

You may see the brief Lesson 22 on Numerology at
http://www.eaglespiritministry.com/pd/sdc/sdc22a.htm
about the Life Path Number and The Letters' meanings below it.
The page of http://www.eaglespiritministry.com/pd/sdc/sdc8.htm
has the Lesson 8 for Contacting Your Higher Self
Old 13-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Niebla0007

*I think it will help more for you to do more research about the Soul.

The article Soul & Oversoul can be of a help
http://www.earthscape.net/soul_oversoul.htm
Old 13-01-2014, 01:30 AM
Niebla0007

Furthermore, and
normally, spiritual names are always applied through initiations,
which is done either through spiritual group or by self initiation.
It is not taken lightly and it is held sacredly.
(as some have the power to use it to summon your soul
which gives one/them power over you)
It is not the sort of name you put out anywhere which is public.