Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-01-2024, 09:24 PM
Master
66 or 80 Books in the KJV

The earliest King James edition 1611 contained 80 books, in the 1625 reprint edition there are only 66.....
Old 12-01-2024, 11:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The Crown has a perpetual copyright on the KJB which was obviously issued to stop unofficial editions.....
Can you provide a source?
Is this 'perpetual' copyright outside of normal copyright laws?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-01-2024, 11:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The earliest King James edition 1611 contained 80 books, in the 1625 reprint edition there are only 66.....
The King James bible 1611 contained 66 books and 14 books consisting of the Apocrypha. Its predecessor, the Bishop's Bible,
I believe had the same number of books.

I would be interested to see how people are versed with the Apocrypha.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-01-2024, 12:09 AM
Master
As for the removal of the Apocrypha, I lean to the belief it was done to reduce the size of the Bible which
reduced the cost of a Bible and made it more affordable to more people.

Even today, you still can get Bibles with the Apocrypha. And if you look, some Bibles contain only the New Testament.
There are also other versions of the Bible that have less books.

Something of interest is when the New Testament and the Old Testament became canonized.
From what I have 'seen', the Old Testament got canonized after the New Testament.

Last edited by BigJohn : 13-01-2024 at 01:32 AM.
Old 13-01-2024, 12:50 AM
Since not many have even HEARD of the word Apocrypha:

The term "apocrypha" comes from the Greek word meaning "hidden" or "secret".
Originally, the term was applied to sacred books whose contents were too
exalted to be made available to the general public.

The First Book of Esdras, The Second Book of Esdras, The First Book of the Maccabees,
The Second Book of the Maccabees, The Book of Baruch,
The Book of Bel and the Dragon, Ecclesiastes or the Preacher,
The Book of Esther, The Book of Judith, The Prayer of Manasseh,
The Song of Solomon,
The History of Susanna, The Book of Tobit, The Book of Wisdom.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-01-2024, 05:49 AM
Master

Interesting point BJohn. But the point is why are they hidden in the Vatican. I mean…….who decided what to include and what not to include? why weren’t these other books released slowly over the years even if it meant there would be a few Bible books. Shouldnt WE decide what is relevant and what isn’t and finally, why hide them?

Yes Miss H that is so true about women. I feel women and anything connected to women are mentioned in derogatory terms in the Bible. Why is that?

Take for example Mary Magdelan. She was definitely NOT a prostitute and my research has lead to her actually marrying Jesus and travelled with him and the bloodline continues today.

Well now that is astonishing isn’t it.

Look forward to people views.
Old 13-01-2024, 05:55 AM
Master

Miss H #…….”The term "apocrypha" comes from the Greek word meaning "hidden" or "secret".
Originally, the term was applied to sacred books whose contents were too
exalted to be made available to the general public.”

Once again, who makes these decisions? maybe the decision was right a thousand years ago but in this day and age why not release this info to the public.

I also notice most of the books you listed are by women. Again that proves my point that I made above.
Old 13-01-2024, 06:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Interesting point BJohn. But the point is why are they hidden in the Vatican. I mean…….who decided what to include and what not to include?

Who said they were hidden?

I never found anything to the contrary.

As for what books to include or not to include..... is interesting to study. A study of history, as far as I am concerned, doesn't reveal a mystery.

Old 13-01-2024, 06:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I feel women and anything connected to women are mentioned in derogatory terms in the Bible. Why is that?

Some people push that belief but for me, it does not hold much 'water'. For example, 'Mother' Mary............

Last edited by BigJohn : 13-01-2024 at 01:04 PM.
Old 13-01-2024, 06:11 AM
Master

BigJohn…. “As for the removal of the Apocrypha, I lean to the belief it was done to reduce the size of the Bible which
reduced the cost of a Bible and made it more affordable to more people.”

Don’t see how reducing the cost of printing the Bible is applicable when the Vatican was and still is one of the richest places in the world and has the biggest stronghold on all religious matters.

The first KJ bible was printed 1611. There has been plenty of time since then to release all the other books slowly, book by book, so people could afford it. Why hasn’t this been done.

So the bottom line for me is that how can people make a value judgement on what they believe in, when they are only given half of the information. And even the information they have been given has been tampered with by the Church scribes. Imo